BFA Dungeons, Island Expeditions, and Raids
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 Next
Rewards - Azerite beyond cap isn't enough to continue to do Islands. The misc. awards are to low of a drop rate, Doubloons would be a sufficient way to possible purchase pets,mounts, and etc. however what they are used for don't really contribute to the Island very much, which leads to my next point.

Time - Disclaimer: Have only done Normal and Heroic. To fast. Heroic Islands can be as quick as 5 minutes with reports even under that. Using a Doubloon to buy a shield or health buff does nothing but make sure you do not die and can finish quicker. Having Islands scale with gear like the Open World or buff the Mobs would much improve this and allow them to actually last a bit longer so we can see the events at the 10 minute mark. This reminds me of the AoE zerg fests in Wrath dungeons.

AI - There isn't to much of an issue with this that I have experienced. I have had some interesting encounters where I was chased or even had them retreat because we were able to control an area and push them out. However there have been sometimes where they do seem to "feed" and don't stop. Not sure if thats intended as a distraction so players have to deal with them and not collect azerite. They should also not reward as much Azerite as they do, would suggest cutting it down a bit more or even all together.

Final Thoughts - Like many others I do have my concerns with how BFA is currently coming along. With Islands there is a lot of potential to make these much more enjoyable as repeatable content but right now even only after a few weeks, I find myself starting to struggle with finding enjoyment.
Literally no reason to do them. So I do my five a week and stop. And doing those five are an hour-long chore that is very stupid and unfun.

I have no idea why you removed scenarios from Pandaria. If this is the replacement or the "next level," you need to revert what made them good in Pandaria.

Repeatable content that isn't tied to the traditional tank/healer stuff is good and MUCH needed. However, this misses the mark terribly.

It doesn't matter what island I'm on, it's the same content. Same objective, same, repetitive thing over and over and over and over.

I have not gotten one extra drop. I have done around 50 across two toons.

It's just executed poorly.
I have lost count of how many of these I have ran now. However, I have over 300k azerite collected for the Azerite Admiral ach. So far, I have gotten 1 mog item, 3-4 rep tokens, and 1 AP quest item. I was looking forward to these in the beginning for the mount/pet/toy rewards. However, after the extremely low drop rates, I have given up. I will only run IEs now for the weekly quest on 1-3 (current 120s). After that, I am done until reset.

That being said, I do not expect a reward from every single one, but giving a 1% drop rate (so it seems - no idea what it really is) makes it not worth doing. Not to mention having the "I'm Here for the Pets" ach as part of the meta is frustrating. Especially considering that all pets must be looted on a single character to count for the ach. This makes the meta near impossible to complete for someone that is on RNGesus's bad side (me).

(edit - realized I had a typo)
I don't even see doing IEs for the weekly as worth my time anymore. They're that boring.
Problem I have with IEs is that they just arent much fun.

I was hoping for an adventure type experience like Wc3 where you scout around through the fog of war and find cool stuff......

--Maybe some retired pirate crew that you could hire for 20 dubloons as bodyguard/hired muscle.

--A drop from a mob that turns you into a badass colosuus for 10 min

--An item that calls in airstrikes from a dragon/dragons to wreck the enemy teams ship reducing azerite collection by 15%

--Summon iks-regeed from his cave on the broken shore to infiltrate and steal azerite from enemy ship.

--Find an orc bladedancer hiding in a cave who will go assassinate the enemy team. Repeatedly.

--find an artifact weapon @ ilvl 9000 that you can use for 5 min

But nope, theres no time to explore and enjoy IEs. Just round up mobs and AOE them down,mine some nodes, or else you will lose.
09/10/2018 07:52 AMPosted by Lughnasadh
I have lost count of how many of these I have ran now. However, I have over 3M azerite collected for the Azerite Admiral ach. So far, I have gotten 1 mog item, 3-4 rep tokens, and 1 AP quest item. I was looking forward to these in the beginning for the mount/pet/toy rewards. However, after the extremely low drop rates, I have given up. I will only run IEs now for the weekly quest on 1-3 (current 120s). After that, I am done until reset.

That being said, I do not expect a reward from every single one, but giving a 1% drop rate (so it seems - no idea what it really is) makes it not worth doing. Not to mention having the "I'm Here for the Pets" ach as part of the meta is frustrating. Especially considering that all pets must be looted on a single character to count for the ach. This makes the meta near impossible to complete for someone that is on RNGesus's bad side (me).

Holy crap that drop rate is awful.

Also, I do expect a drop from each and every single one I do, and so far am 100% disappointed! WoW is loot-centric, Island expeditions can drop loot or to hell!
I think they suck to be quite honest. Just more stupid grind that isn't fun.
i was just in a Heroic Expedition........we were winning 7200 to 3000. All of the sudden their azerite spikes to 6200. Blizz did a great job with the Horde "AI".
what a joke this is becoming
They feel quite tedious. Furthermore, I feel like I'm cheating myself by running them instead of any other kind of pve content that could reward me with a potential upgrade.

I wonder if they wouldn't feel more fun if mobs within them could drop something useful, or chests could contain gear. At that point it might be more exciting executing island expeditions rather than just racing to be done and feeling resentful at having to do them in the first place.
I enjoy IE for the most part, but like everyone I have thoughts to improve them, and make me want to do more than the handful each week/make them feel actually worth it.

• Drop rate is too low
  • There is little to no "exploring" involved, it's check the map for the pre determined X's (cute), and focus on those (rather than actually explore)
  • The 'quests/goals' that pop up are often hard to figure out - there's too many for me to keep track of what I need to do, or we begin to lose while looking for the goal item to trigger 'the thing'
  • Dubloons are piling up, with little to no reason to use them. The siege engine thing was interesting, but that aside it's just another consumable to try to remember as I run around doing my thing. Not keen, I'd rather trade them in for pretty much anything else.
  • Having to queue at the table in the main city is frustrating. I can queue for random dungeons or heroics anywhere, but not IE. Everything we queue for should follow the same interface promp - either allow it all everywhere, or allow none of it everywhere
  • The abilities to avoid do far too much if missed. For someone on an oceanic server, if I get paired with people in the US just that little lag difference is enough to kill me often enough it's a big NPE. Punish us for not avoiding stuff, but don't take 3/4 of the health off me as a 349 ilvl tank please
  • There's a big lack of diverse geometry to the maps, and scenery. Nearly every time I load into an island it looks/feels the same, the only difference that really makes it through to my awareness is what things I am killing. Why is all sand yellow? Why are all plants green? Why is it all the same shaped lack and geometry under the hills? I loved the one or two times I finally noticed some interesting architecture, but it soon paled when it was repeated. More visual variety will engage me, look at the variety of content you have over nearly fifteen years of wow, and tell me why "palms and grass" are most common? Plants some noxious weeds! have sand soaked red with blood! Randomise your colours a bit, the rainbow exists.
I would love to have the expeditions be a solo scenario. I hate having to deal with other players. It kills the fun when you are forced to do these mini dungeon/raids.
I hate to say it but once you reach Exalted with Honorbound then there is no reason to continue doing expeditions. I can get azerite else where. This whole portion of the game will be outdated once you hit exalted. There is nothing for me to continue to grind it other then the award of azerite. I am not a PVP person so none of that matters to me. It is just a waste of time other then here go kill stuff 4-10 times and get your 2500 azerite. Yawn.
Isle's are fine, easily farmable. Just wish Blizzard would reveal the "requirements" for certain toys/tmogs/mounts to drop.

Let's say for example that the Stonebound mogu invasion can sometimes have a boss named Qinsho the Stone-lord.

Oddly enough, there's a mount named Qinsho's Eternal Hound. Does this mount drop when this specific rare and specific invasion occur?

Too many factors aren't making sense.
I am unable to even start these. I completed the initial quest and did the introductory mission, but the table will not open the interface for me to queue in the game. I have disabled all addons but still no luck.
My feedback on the Islands Exp is :
- i really like the theme, i really like the concept overall.
- The execution is terrible. You completely ignored / didnt see very obvious things like :
- I absolutely want to be able to run those solo. make it less azerite whatever you want but the brainless GOGOGO / random group crazyness is ok for a while but destroys the experience, is a HUGE waste of time so often (queuing / being kicked off for no reason, fails etc). So i get the 'group' theory but i want to be able to enjoy a solo challenge and a solo experience, actually taking time to discover and do quests.
- The vendor should have way more items to sell and we should be able to come back to the boat and check those items not rush and buy within the first 30 secs of the game.
- The rewards, including the weekly bonus is too low. 2500 is a low amount obtainable very quickly through WQ's. The drop rate of other 'rewards' is ridiculous, absolutely not buffed as you announced and mostly useless. You should look more into long term grinding a bit like honor for pvp and allowing us to gain rep/ buffs etvc etc. so many simple things could be done to motivate and most importantly MAKE it fun.
I can't see the point of Island Expeditions. It's like someone took all of the bosses and loot out of a dungeon and replaced them with trash mobs. I'm pretty sure you could just farm world quests or *gasp* actual dungeons and get more azerite plus gear. Even better, now I hear there are SUPAR SEKRIT mobs that give a *chance* to drop something good.

oh boy...

It's like someone offered a sandwich and it turned out to be just two slices of wonder bread with a chance of getting some old lettuce. Maybe. If you're good.
I like Expeditions very much. I find them to be very fun and engaging. My suggestion is much like a previous poster's . Please make it so that continuing to participate past the weekly azerite cap still has rewards. Diminishing returns would be okay. I'm talking about having something besides the small possibility of a random mount or pet drop. Maybe dubloons could be saved for something really nice.....
I just got kicked out of a group before the expedition even started, took about ten seconds. This gave me the Dungeon Deserter debuff, so now I can't do anything for half an hour. Perhaps if there was a way that Dungeon Deserter wouldn't be applied until a minute after the expedition starts?
I just got kicked from a group within a second of joining. The freakin loading screen barely even popped up before i was back in town with the deserter debuff. The hell blizzard?
Can you please make these queueable like dungeons/lfr. The only time I ever do them is when a guildie wants to run heroics and queues them while I'm doing WQs or gathering. Having to sit in a very random part of town to do fingering that takes 15 minutes prevents me and quite a few other people I know from taking part.