Season 6 Elite Ensembles

General Discussion
Prev 1 63 64 65 80 Next
03/23/2018 01:23 PMPosted by Hexxes
People on the arena forums are stating the Demonic PvP tabard was just hotfixed and replaced with the same one used in the Ferocious season. The Demonic one was complained about because it looked so bad. From what I can tell so far these reports are true.

Why would that be hotfixed but not the Elite sets? They are both items on the exact same vendor.

Awesome. Hey guys, it could take weeks/months for us to put in an appearance on a vendor...

<silently hotfixes an APPEARANCE>

welp, guess not. I guess they have to actually give two craps to hotfix it (something we want).
This deserves some explanation. They just randomly changed the tabard/cloak to the same as ferocious season stuff, but somehow getting the ensembles on there was too much? Really?
I really hope it was just a miscommunication issue within the company like Hexxes said. Here's hoping the vendor tampering was to put our sets out there, this is 100% not our Yak friend's fault, but an explanation would be really nice.
03/23/2018 02:07 PMPosted by Charsi
I really hope it was just a miscommunication issue within the company like Hexxes said. Here's hoping the vendor tampering was to put our sets out there, this is 100% not our Yak friend's fault, but an explanation would be really nice.

From the get-go, i've never blamed that guy. For all we know, the jerks up top told him to go feed us a line of bullcrap to keep us content for a while.

This comes down to talking out both sides of their mouths. The goat says one thing, they do another. Developers look like they're being spiteful, and people don't deserve this crap.
03/23/2018 02:11 PMPosted by Aeolys
From the get-go, i've never blamed that guy. For all we know, the jerks up top told him to go feed us a line of bullcrap to keep us content for a while.

This comes down to talking out both sides of their mouths. The goat says one thing, they do another. Developers look like they're being spiteful, and people don't deserve this crap.

I'm not disagreeing at all, for all we know you could be correct. Either way we deserve to know what's going on, the sooner the better.
Its been 24 hours since SpaceOx posted something on this thread
JUST
#ReleaseTheSets
ALREADY
All I know is that if Ythisens is in today and is keeping up with this thread we will get an update. If he isn't then I hope whoever does read it has the decency to step in for him and/or notify whoever can. And I know someone has read this thread as I have already seen a recent post deleted.
Lets stop tryin to sweep this under the rug.

Give us what we earned already!
So...I woke up a little bit ago (horrible chronic headaches and such) annnnnd...just saw the tabard and this thread.

That's...not good.

#releasethesets
Blizzard: "Ensembles could take weeks!"

Also Blizzard: *stealthily changes out tabard and cloak with no announcement*
When I’m old I’m gonna look back on this as The Great Elite Set Controversy of 2018 or maybe.. SetGate?

#releasethesets
its getting late Blizz, weekened is almost here
Yep, we're still here waiting.

#releasethesets
Lol what the hell... why did they change the S7 tabard now?

That's for S4. What's the point of copying it? Either make an entirely new one or leave it.

edit:
Seriously, this is beyond lazy. You guys received feedback on how terrible the tabards looked, especially s7, as they were datamined so to fix the problem you created you decide to copy arguably the best looking one? AND you give them the cloak s4 missed out on?

What an absolute joke.
This spurred me to at least investigate the claims a change like this takes weeks to implement. Here is an example of a vendor hotfix which took less than 24 hours.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/20863656/hotfixes-august-11
-(Hotfix in testing) Blood of Sargeras can now be obtained from Class Hall vendors at a price of 5 Blood of Sargeras for 5,000 Order Resources.

Hotfix in testing literally means what it sounds like. See the explanation here: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/18300175397 They are currently testing it. Note the date (June 14th). This indicates it was an unexpected change that they did not plan on testing and were rushing to include with the other hotfixes.

Here's a thread from the next day (June 15th) where players are notifying each other the item is on the vendor: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20755587245

It took less than 24 hours to test and implement a hotfix that added a previously non-existent item to a vendor. Here were are told it will take weeks to add an item that already exists. And to top it off they literally hotfix two other items on the exact same vendor the next day. Two items that have way less visibility than the one they originally put off. It's honestly just so disappointing so see this type of thing going on.
Great detective work, Hexxes. I have to agree it really does feel like the developers are just trying to placate us with excuses. There's no excuse for this, put the ensembles on the vendor. Make this right ffs.
People on the arena forums are stating the Demonic PvP tabard was just hotfixed and replaced with the same one used in the Ferocious season. The Demonic one was complained about because it looked so bad. From what I can tell so far these reports are true.

Why would that be hotfixed but not the Elite sets? They are both items on the exact same vendor.

Hey guys! This is a bit off-topic for this thread and is a separate issue. It was identified this morning that the previous Demonic Tabard and Cloak didn't look demonic enough so the Ferocious ones were recolored and changed to be the new appearances. Thus looking far more Demonic to match the name.

When you're comparing these things I would suggest looking at the kind of change it is to realize how they're different. For example, an art related change and a change related to adding an item attached to season ratings are very different changes that have different steps to alter them, especially when needing to use the in-game rating systems to verify who can obtain seasonal items from PVP.

I know its frustrating to still not have something you've earned but like I previously stated we have the intention to give this to you guys sooner rather than later. I'm still continually reading the thread and have upped the cap again, as soon as I know more information I'll share it when I can.
03/23/2018 03:01 PMPosted by Ythisens

Hey guys! This is a bit off-topic for this thread and is a separate issue. It was identified this morning that the previous Demonic Tabard and Cloak didn't look demonic enough so the Ferocious ones were recolored and changed to be the new appearances. Thus looking far more Demonic to match the name.

When you're comparing these things I would suggest looking at the kind of change it is to realize how they're different. For example, an art related change and a change related to adding an item attached to season ratings are very different changes that have different steps to alter them, especially when needing to use the in-game rating systems to verify who can obtain seasonal items from PVP.

I know its frustrating to still not have something you've earned but like I previously stated we have the intention to give this to you guys sooner rather than later. I'm still continually reading the thread and have upped the cap again, as soon as I know more information I'll share it when I can.

all of this is just too ridiculous to wrap my head around anymore, i feel like im just getting trolled at this point.