XP From Dungeons

General Discussion
Prev 1 129 130 131 235 Next
06/10/2018 03:27 AMPosted by Ininjacloth
Alright, Just hit 110, took me 2 days, 22 hours played time. It went by really quick! No real snags for me.

70 hours of play time just to reach the beginning of the end game on a single character. In a game where getting to the endgame is just the start of a new, very long drawn out process of catching up, still... That is insane.

I can beat a single player JRPG with a high completion percentage in less time.
06/11/2018 06:25 AMPosted by Edelodin

70 hours of play time just to reach the beginning of the end game on a single character.

With full heirlooms and practically expert knowledge of the game.
06/10/2018 08:57 PMPosted by Boltskill
06/10/2018 05:11 PMPosted by Mewzy
Finally got max in just a hair shy of 3 days /played, with looms/enchants.

Seems entirely reasonable. I think something between 60-70 hours depending on your play style, class chosen, and content done.

For the people who want it quick-quick-quick, what would you say is a reasonable investment of time for going from 1-110 if ~70 hours is too much?

LAWL what drugs are you on?
06/10/2018 08:34 PMPosted by Kaelh
The scaling was a great idea the Nerf to xp was not.
Pretty much the consensus in most of the leveling threads tbh.

06/10/2018 08:34 PMPosted by Kaelh
Reverse the changes on heirlooms, add heirlooms too all slots, decrease the xp necessary for a level or increase the xp gained.
Xp bonus buff would be great. Maybe add some bonus xp to heirloom weps, and trinkets? Also liking the idea of making low level dungeon quests repeatable. Make them daily quests that give a good xp reward.
How many subscribers have to leave before Blizzard returns to thinking about the players enjoyment rather than their Mau?
06/11/2018 02:48 PMPosted by Drbombay
How many subscribers have to leave before Blizzard returns to thinking about the players enjoyment rather than their Mau?

It's at least over 9,000

.... :)
06/11/2018 06:25 AMPosted by Edelodin
06/10/2018 03:27 AMPosted by Ininjacloth
Alright, Just hit 110, took me 2 days, 22 hours played time. It went by really quick! No real snags for me.

70 hours of play time just to reach the beginning of the end game on a single character. In a game where getting to the endgame is just the start of a new, very long drawn out process of catching up, still... That is insane.

I can beat a single player JRPG with a high completion percentage in less time.

I dont raid. So maybe a few more bgs and that's it. I've already rerolled a new Lightforged Paladin and will begin leveling today! I currently have 15 110s!
Still waiting for some response on these matters Blizz, the longer the wait, the greater the anger will be and the more customers you will lose.

Semper Fi!
Hopefully some of these questions will be answered in this upcoming live streaming?
06/11/2018 06:28 PMPosted by Mewzy
Hopefully some of these questions will be answered in this upcoming live streaming?

Hahaha

No.

"Live streams" are just for pre-chewed responses to cherry-picked questions.

You know, where fawning Blizzard employee "reads" the question to the dev, " Hey, DEV NAME. Does your leg hurt from kicking so much butt?"
06/11/2018 07:05 PMPosted by Velara

Hahaha

No.

"Live streams" are just for pre-chewed responses to cherry-picked questions.

You know, where fawning Blizzard employee "reads" the question to the dev, " Hey, DEV NAME. Does your leg hurt from kicking so much butt?"

Hi, I'm from the nerdrage server and shout out to my guild <NOBODY CARES> woo! Hey guys it's great to be here wow! We're recruiting by the way! So anyway my question was that in this dungeons the enemies can use mana gems. So where's my mana gems?!

They'd rather respond to happy forums asking their favorite colour and what they're gonna be doing on day 1 than addressing legitimate concerns. They'll just cherry pick some dull questions, pride themselves on it as usual, then wonder why people arn't happy :P
06/11/2018 09:21 PMPosted by Endlessly

They'd rather respond to happy forums asking their favorite colour and what their gonna be doing on day 1 than addressing legitimate concerns. They'll just cherry pick some dull questions, pride themselves on it as usual, then wonder why people arn't happy :P

I’ve noticed that too, when they go this quiet on a subject it’s always a bad sign. Like a kid who knows they’re doing something wrong and don’t want to tell their mother.
they will literally just ignore this for as long as possible and hope it goes away ... it is up to us to remind them that when they launched 7.3.5 the stuffed up the game.
I just want to let everyone know that I got an invite to play Beta: BFA.

I copied my ilvl 932 Prot Pally and went from level 110 to 111 in just a few hours and didn't even get through but maybe 1/8 if even that much of the zone I selected in Kul Tiras named Drustvar with the xp requirements from 110 - 111 being only 717000 and the quests were giving me anywhere from roughly 16000 to 20000.

I'm a very casual player and got up a couple of times to get drinks etc and also me playing Prot a good dps could knock that down to maybe just a couple of hours going from 110 - 111.

I'll let you all know how it goes and try to time myself a little better but it may not be as bad as we think, Not sure however I do know that 20 - 110 is a very slow process, I just hope that maybe this will be corrected either during prepatch or BFA launch, If it's not well I've only lost $69.95 as I've paid up until 09-14-2018 with the gold I had stored up.

Maybe things will change for the better, We'll see.
06/12/2018 01:38 AMPosted by Dingnabit

I copied my ilvl 932 Prot Pally and went from level 110 to 111 in just a few hours and didn't even get through but maybe 1/8 if even that much of the zone I selected in Kul Tiras named Drustvar with the xp requirements from 110 - 111 being only 717000 and the quests were giving me anywhere from roughly 16000 to 20000.

I'm a very casual player and got up a couple of times to get drinks etc and also me playing Prot a good dps could knock that down to maybe just a couple of hours going from 110 - 111.

I'll let you all know how it goes and try to time myself a little better but it may not be as bad as we think, Not sure however I do know that 20 - 110 is a very slow process, I just hope that maybe this will be corrected either during prepatch or BFA launch, If it's not well I've only lost $69.95 as I've paid up until 09-14-2018 with the gold I had stored up.

This is probably your first beta but blizzard intentionally lowers the amount of XP required to level in the betas so people will actually level. They've always done this and you can expect it to increase by at least 33%. But hey there's a lesson to be learned there, people will level more characters if it doesn't take so long. Who would've thought?
06/12/2018 01:46 AMPosted by Ragashii
06/12/2018 01:38 AMPosted by Dingnabit

This is probably your first beta but blizzard intentionally lowers the amount of XP required to level in the betas so people will actually level. They've always done this and you can expect it to increase by at least 33%. But hey there's a lesson to be learned there, people will level more characters if it doesn't take so long. Who would've thought?

You're absolutely correct it is my first beta I preformed in (I was invited in WoD but my job travels didn't allow me at that time to participate).

I did just look at my next level 101 mage and to go to 102 it's 663000 xp, If someone has a level 109 maybe they could post the number so we'll know for sure.

I just looked at my level 98 priest and to go to 99 it requires 645000 xp so it's not far off in the numbers, If I'm adding right it makes it 6000 xp added per level which is what it is in Beta: BFA.

I do know in Beta: BFA that level 110 - 111 is 717000 and 111 - 112 is 723000.

Edit: I just added it up and it is 6000 xp per level , 711000 xp to level 110 so it does add up.

I guess we'll see, Still though they shouldn't have done anything to our heirlooms dungeons etc until launch if they were planning to crunch the xp numbers or whatever else was done.

I guess we'll see here soon.
I ran dungeons yesterday on my void elf rogue and in the about 6-7 that I ran three people quit and left, two of them tanks and one healer.

The last one I did was terrible, Dire Maul east, by the time we got to the water boss everyone but one of the other dps had been rotated out or left. We waited there for about 15 min then I left and went and farmed transmog gear on my 110's.

BLIZZARD, people are not enjoying this.

PLEASE PLEASE fix it, it's not working!

<F.M.>
The Problem with the Scaling is the way it scales. Your damage remains pretty darn consistent for forty or so levels it doesn't seem to increase or decrease dramatically.
The issue is Mob Health increases dramatically rare health increases exponentially as does the mobs damage done to you. Some people wont notice this as much as others Melee for the most part. But casters notice this because of the long cast times we got and the shields that collapse if more than one enemy shows up to ruin our day. You definitely don't feel as if anything has improved in your lot when grinding away at that bar. In fact I remember dungeouns being alot better before the scaling was introduced even when the stat squish happened. (Which Does not help Pandaria grinding whatsoever Blizz.)

In dungeouns it's really noticeable group wipes are happening because healers cant keep up the tanks through the trash damage especially if they're lower leveled than the tank You see this happen especially with Resto Druids and Holy Priests Think about that for a minute the two classes specifically designed to do the most output cant handle the mess that scaling causes Meanwhile Holy Pally and Resto Shaman handle it with ease. The Mobs take forever to down and even less amazingly tanks have a harder time keeping aggro if they're lower levelled than the group members.This frustration is showing in queue times alone DPS queue time is ranging from15 to 40 minutes it has not been that long since the great Pandaria Egress of 2012 What went wrong here?

Look it's great that you want people to try and enjoy your products hard work and labour but it's 2018 now not 2004 loosen the levelling reins a little lower mob health and damage a bit say 5-10% and lessen the xp bar needed to level the fact of the matter is most people want to get their leveling done in a reasonable amount of time. Sure the past is there to see and enjoy "IF" and only if someone want's to enjoy it or go there for bloody loremaster. ( Personally I've never had the desire nor inclination for a tabbard outside of the explorer tabbard and the defiler tabbard still working on Defilers)

Also since you forced the grind to be longer the least you could do is update all the graphics of those zones and that gear since we gotta look at it for days and weeks on end now. At least those of us that have non desk jobs. Just saying when Pandaria is the beginning of the level10 graphics zones thats a LOOOOOOOONG Frelling time to look at the others.

In short I think scaling was something that looked good on paper but was done horribly wrong in WoW
Currently slogging through the levels on 2 alts, one solo the other with a friend. Leveling pace feels fine (I resorted to dungeon grinding as questing while better because it scales got old, fast) until you realize there are now 110 (soon 120 levels.) As a 10 year+ Veteran who has seen the content over and over and over again, it needs to not take so long.

If leveling were a magical, fun, rewarding journey every time it would be fine. However, we all know that leveling simply feels like something you have to do in order to get to the (actual) game.

Please add more (veteran) XP boosts...and/or make leveling feel rewarding again (new pets/toys/fun trinkets/new transmog/etc.)