XP From Dungeons

General Discussion
Prev 1 21 22 23 235 Next
Theyre cutting off any and which way possible for us to not avoid their boost system... LoL. Please buy their boost... And yeah im only leveling because I AM REQUIRED TO just for Heritage Armors. Stupid as hell.
02/15/2018 09:49 AMPosted by Delandrin
lol all the brats that want instant rewards on this is just too much... PLAY THE DAMN GAME OR QUIT! we will be better off with out the couple hundred raging people on the forums lol

What kind of BS response is this? Majority of us have already went through hell over the "engaging content" and "immersive storyline"... WEVE BEEN THROUGH IT MORE THAN A DOZEN TIMES.
02/15/2018 08:43 AMPosted by Dalligar
02/15/2018 08:27 AMPosted by Thaevyn
So just to clarify, are xp gains back to what they were before 7.3.5?

Like, is carrying lowbies through dungeons still a viable way to level? I just came back to the game a couple weeks ago and wasn't aware of any bug.

No. Power leveling by being carried was the "bug" they fixed.
Well that's, uhhh... Terrible. :/
there was two ways to level fast.
1- was raf with 200% exp with potion exp.
2- buy a charcter boost.

blizzard has made raf worthless. meaning option two is better way to go. equals P2L
Blizzard, when you have players scrambling to find the path of least resistance over and over and over, SOMETHING IS WRONG. You've been receiving feedback since the PTR and yet you have implemented no quicker alternatives you have ONLY removed them.

You're dungeon XP increase is completely marginal and still doesn't make it worth to sit in the 30+ min queues.
to be perfectly honest.. everyone was dungeon boosting because old content is still old content. It's boring. With the new scaling, most tanks have no idea what they're doing, or what a defensive is. Which I suppose is to go hand in hand with low level, learning content, but that is still a drag to go through. The old school quest setup is still quite a drag in itself as well. Spread out zones, high amounts of travel for 3 quests. If we really wanted to re-engage people with older content, the entire quest system would need a rework to be much more fluid and much more rewarding. I love the new changes overall, but this is WoW in 2018. Most want quick, not slow.
02/15/2018 10:30 AMPosted by Noctis
to be perfectly honest.. everyone was dungeon boosting because old content is still old content. It's boring. With the new scaling, most tanks have no idea what they're doing, or what a defensive is. Which I suppose is to go hand in hand with low level, learning content, but that is still a drag to go through. The old school quest setup is still quite a drag in itself as well. Spread out zones, high amounts of travel for 3 quests. If we really wanted to re-engage people with older content, the entire quest system would need a rework to be much more fluid and much more rewarding. I love the new changes overall, but this is WoW in 2018. Most want quick, not slow.

There are portions of the game where tanks don't have a defensive to know how to use it.
02/15/2018 10:32 AMPosted by Maharu
02/15/2018 10:30 AMPosted by Noctis

There are portions of the game where tanks don't have a defensive to know how to use it.

Thats why you gotta buy their boosts... At least it comes with a short tutorial... But then again, its only available for ONE spec... They cant even work on that crap.
02/15/2018 10:34 AMPosted by Christus
Thats why you gotta buy their boosts... At least it comes with a short tutorial... But then again, its only available for ONE spec... They cant even work on that crap.

I don't get how they expect folks to engage in their leveling experience when we're not given new tools to really get engaged. The talent tree is nothing but passives with maybe 2-4 that are additional kit options but end up being trash compared to the passives.
Tank chiming in, I won't be queuing for dungeons due to the fact the experience is still garbage. This "significant increase" is about 10% which is poop on a stick. I just went from 39-50 in the time it takes to run 4-5 (Maybe 2 levels.) dungeons which would be about 2 hours.
While I can appreciate that you want to make the experience enjoyable for those who maybe haven't seen the content in years or at all, some of us would like a faster option to level our 10th+ alt. Having a friend run me through some dungeons was the only way I could stomach leveling 20-100 again. I don't want to "work together" in a dungeon for half an hour or more over and over and over on my umpteenth alt just to get something I want to use on my main character. There really needs to be two options for experience pacing. This game continues to be extremely unfriendly to alts.
02/15/2018 05:32 AMPosted by Kheradin
02/15/2018 03:06 AMPosted by Bertane

I don't know the exact numbers but I know in the past my friend used to power level me through dungeons so it had to be worthwhile doing before. I don't believe it was a 'bug' either since people have been doing it for years.

I will add, it wasn't the most efficient way of leveling though and that is why I don't remember the numbers. What was most efficient is if you soloed the dungeons and that is what I mainly did up to a certain point.

A high-level could certainly run you through the dungeon for gear or achievements but power-leveling to rapidly gain levels hasn't been viable since Wrath. The greater the disparity between a high-level and a low-level character, the less XP the low-level character receives. This XP grouping disparity even applies the more members there are in the party. Here's the Wowpedia page which explains the formula:

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Mob_experience#Group_Experience

Here's a WoWiki page explaining mob XP; check out the Solo Experience Modifiers section:

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Formulas:Mob_XP

Here's discussions on how powerleveling doesn't work from WoWHead in 2010:

"The reduction of xp when running dungeons with a player much higher lvl than the ideal for that dungeon, is intended to encourage players to form proper level groups, the way "blizzard intended to be played". It's not a real punish for boosting, you can still be boosted, just forgot the huge xp ... "

http://www.wowhead.com/forums&topic=173967/low-level-with-a-high-level-and-exp-loss-gone

Here's some discussions about it not being a way to power level on these forums going back to 2010:

2010: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/1114791506
2011: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/2826193074
2014: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/11582368247
2015: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17347397893

It really was a bug.

I actually know of another power leveling method that was very viable prior to 7.3.5 and I assume none of your links mentions it. But hey believe what you want to believe.
02/15/2018 10:20 AMPosted by Christus
Theyre cutting off any and which way possible for us to not avoid their boost system... LoL. Please buy their boost... And yeah im only leveling because I AM REQUIRED TO just for Heritage Armors. Stupid as hell.

Too little too late in my case anyway. The only set I actually liked was the void elf and I got it already.
Not only did I resub this account for not playing it for over three years I was dumb enough to spend the money to upgrade to Legion and boost this toon up just to power level my new races....you know that exploit we have been doing for over a decade.....

Playing multiple account since vanilla, buying services, mounts and pets you have probably gotten thousands from me.... I'm a fool and you got me Blizz but you will never get another dime from me!!
02/15/2018 10:53 AMPosted by Erehca
Not only did I resub this account for not playing it for over three years I was dumb enough to spend the money to upgrade to Legion and boost this toon up just to power level my new races....you know that exploit we have been doing for over a decade.....

Playing multiple account since vanilla, buying services, mounts and pets you have probably gotten thousands from me.... I'm a fool and you got me Blizz but you will never get another dime from me!!

Tell me about it. Started up a month ago after a 1 year hiatus and it is just so borring right now. I hit 110 and did everything I had to and now idk what to do. I don't enjoy raiding and the PvP is currently trash. I figured I would just level up a new toon, but now they made it so damn difficult again that I just would rather spend my time playing a different game.
02/14/2018 07:25 PMPosted by Poisonberry
Even with free 110 boosts....

Yeah, Blizzard is really nice handing out those free level boosts that only cost $50 and are only available once every few years.
Like this if you think that both the "feedback" and feedback (meaningful) given here will both fall on deaf ears as our overlords narrow our options to grinding hell (to reminding us why we just pay $60 to have a max level character) or to pay for a new character.
Welcome to the new WoW. Welcome to "Ion's WoW."
02/14/2018 04:19 PMPosted by Ornyx

As always, we appreciate your feedback and will continue to keep a close eye on the pacing of the leveling experience in 7.3.5 and beyond.

Add me to the list of people who dislike your 'new' leveling system. At the start of all this you said you were doing this so that new players would experience the game how it was intended, but you sell an instant max level boost with your game. So any new player will instantly be at endgame, buy heirlooms with the easy gold legion gives them, and so on. So you lied on that front, since the only reason you did this was to milk game-time from people shooting for heritage armor.
On top of that, you nerf every means to bypass your new leveling system. Obviously, you can see that people do not like your leveling system. These are also people that have been playing the game for a while, thus they have seen the content plenty of times. Which brings me to my next point, why don't you just boost all xp gains for all characters on an account with loremaster for a zone (in the 1-60 range it would require kalimdor and EK's loremaster), or add all of the missing heirloom slots to make up for the xp loss as an additional gold sink?
You guys are making a Vanilla server for the sado-masochist basement dwellers that can't take their rose-tinted glasses off, and for the rest of the people that like leveling at a faster pace that would be what retail is for. I don't see the reason to mesh the two, for this game has evolved past that and most people see content when it is actually relevant.
For my final concern, we are reaching 120 character levels next expansion. Do you seriously expect and want people to slowly grind out 119 levels? Why have you not done a level squish? The mobs have more hp/damage than they did when content was current (Dire Maul being a prime example) and are massive damage sponges for almost no xp gain. Killing stat inflated enemies for 119 levels at a super slow pace is not fun, nor will it ever be fun. Its about as boring/bad as Black Desert's leveling system, which is funny because they nerfed it and made it drastically easier to level because they realized it was so bad (and thats a Korean MMO!).
You guys seriously need to rethink this entire thing. Its not fun and that is the point of playing a video game. That or you should revoke this leveling change until the stat squish comes, b/c I suspect that will make things better in the long run with enemy HP/damage numbers. Adding it in now as a knee-jerk reaction to make getting heritage armor take longer was a stupid idea. Its xmog armor, not some godly legendary that is game-breaking, so quit treating as such.
02/15/2018 11:17 AMPosted by Amorantus
Like this if you think that both the "feedback" and feedback (meaningful) given here will both fall on deaf ears as our overlords narrow our options to grinding hell (to reminding us why we just pay $60 to have a max level character) or to pay for a new character.

oh they might do as if they were listening and give like a 5-7% exp boost on quests and mobs and call it a day.