Vulpera playable allied race please!

General Discussion
Blizzard. I haven't asked for much. Of anything at all over the years since 2006.
But if there is one thing in this world that would make me unload my wallet into your laps, it would be Vulpera being a playable allied race!

I know this will probably never see a blue-post due to how popular this topic must be. Plus seeing as how secretive Blizzard is about their plans, its unlikely to hear news until the expansion. But if it happens it will make my wow life 100% complete.

I pray to the light its a thing. Never say never right?
Other than that, thank you Blizz for providing so much fun in my life through these years, and more to come!
Yes why not. They have so many new unique animations, would be a waste if players didn't get to play them.
It'd be an awesome idea, no matter what the naysayers say.
I'd welcome a vulpera to both factions -3-
No
I'd say we've had enough threads asking for Vulpera

But we have not.

And we will not until I have paid for a race change.
*leads a parade of dancing foxes while beating on a tambourine* Come one, come all, join the Caravan~ https://discord.gg/nMXnRmy We come selling where's, if you have join! (Okay that's not as funny as I hoped it'd be, but still, Vulpera Hype Discord. :3)
The Vulpera have long since been spoiled through datamining as being a future playable Horde race.
There's just so many races that need to be added first, vrykul, ogres, jinyu, hozen, broken, arrakoa, tuskarr, and even eredar, Murlocs and naga should be added first.
03/05/2018 09:18 PMPosted by Lichkong
There's just so many races that need to be added first, vrykul, ogres, jinyu, hozen, broken, arrakoa, tuskarr, and even eredar, Murlocs and naga should be added first.

Vrykul - Actually, I'm on board.

Ogres - I just don't think there's any way to design a female ogre that isn't going to become the biggest joke on the internet

Jinyu/Hozen - On board

Arrakoa/Tuskarr/Naga - Their bodies are just too bizarre to put armor on them. Also the tuskarr have kind of the same female problem as the ogres.

Eredar - I don't... really see how they'd WANT to join either faction, or why either faction would even consider giving them access to their capitol cities.

Murlocs - I'll give you Jinyu. Take it or leave it
Murlocs and naga should be added first.

Let's be real here: none of the demand for playable Murlocs has actually been serious and they have a ton of technical problems that would need to be resolved. I will go out on a limb and say that playable Murlocs will never happen.

Naga, while having always been a highly requested race to be made playable, still have major technical problems as well, mostly due to them having no legs.
At this point in development I would be surprised if most upcoming allied races weren't locked in and in the works. I have no doubts in my mind Vulpera will become a Horde allied race given all their developments, custom animations, customization (including snout options), and datamined strings.

I think the only real iffy race that could be a cool allied raced is Sethrak.
Maybe if they weren't a goblin reskin.
03/05/2018 09:23 PMPosted by Eevee

Vrykul - Actually, I'm on board.

Ogres - I just don't think there's any way to design a female ogre that isn't going to become the biggest joke on the internet

Jinyu/Hozen - On board

Arrakoa/Tuskarr/Naga - Their bodies are just too bizarre to put armor on them. Also the tuskarr have kind of the same female problem as the ogres.

Eredar - I don't... really see how they'd WANT to join either faction, or why either faction would even consider giving them access to their capitol cities.

Murlocs - I'll give you Jinyu. Take it or leave it
Female only vrykul, male only ogres? Seems to balance out.
I don't think they'll ever try another neutral race like Pandaren, but I could see them having two separate, distinct factions of Vulpera becoming playable Allied Races. It'd remove the requirement to have a single starting zone for both of them, so it doesn't feel like they're willing to declare war on eachother on a whim.

It'd be like if a non-Bilgewater goblin cartel joined the Alliance. Both factions would have identical playable goblins without it being a "neutral" race. Vulpera as a whole wouldn't be neutral, but rather two independent groups encountered during BFA questing (Voldunai, and whatever the Kul Tiras equivalent is) would each join one of the factions. Just an idea, of course.
There is no way we'll have those filthy foxmen be playable!
Vulpera as a whole wouldn't be neutral, but rather two independent groups encountered during BFA questing (Voldunai, and whatever the Kul Tiras equivalent is) would each join one of the factions. Just an idea, of course.

Thats kinda what happened with the tushui and huojin pandaren. Each side chosing the alliance and horde respectively.

And keeping with the theme of Kul Tiras I would love to play a faction of pirate vulpera.
I see so many folks thinking that the Vulpera will be Alliance or neutral when both the bits of teaser lore we have and the datamined code all clearly point to them being a Horde-exclusive race.

It's shaping up to be exactly like when the Nightborne were spoiled as being a future playable Horde-exclusive race...people fervently disbelieved it right to the official announcement. And to be fair those folks did have an understandable argument as to why the Nightborne should be neutral since both factions aided their cause. The Vulpera don't even have that -- their main story revolves entirely around the Horde and only the Horde saving their civilization in Vol'dun. There is zero evidence that the Alliance has any meaningful interaction with them.

sigh Please, let's not have a repeat of the Nightborne debacle. I don't blame Alliance players for wanting Vulpera on their faction, but especially at this point you really shouldn't get your hopes up.
03/06/2018 01:44 AMPosted by Embyr
Thats kinda what happened with the tushui and huojin pandaren. Each side chosing the alliance and horde respectively.
Prior to joining the factions, the Tushui and Huojin are never implied to dislike each other. They follow different schools of thought, but that's pretty much it. The entire reason the "neutrality" of the Pandaren is terribly implemented is that they have no realistic excuse to want to fight each other.
03/05/2018 07:28 PMPosted by Narul
No