First Aid Removed in BfA

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 10 Next
Of the things removed from the game, I can't say I'm going to miss First Aid. It really hasn't been relevant since maybe WotLK. They never adjusted the healing benefit of leveling it up and kind of let it stagnate. I'd be surprised if folks actively used the bandages, but I'd wager that most simply leveled it up and let it collect dust over the years.
I used bandages to save other people who I cannot heal. I'm disappointed if they're taking it out. Hope this is not real news...
02/14/2018 08:17 AMPosted by Wollyn

You can't use bandages in combat (it's interrupted by damage). And, out of combat, it's better to use food. I mean, your class literally creates food for that purpose.

I've done it on my mage. As long as the mob isn't a caster - freeze him in place, step back and bandage. Or if I'm doing some content that involves waves of mobs and I have a few seconds in between waves.

There are also some unconventional uses for bandages on some old boss fights - like if you really want to heal the green dragon in ICC on a non-healing character, or if the NPCs in the SoO Galakras fight took too much damage and are about to wipe you.
First aid has been worthless for a long time. If they made stat food able to be bought from a vendor cooking would be worthless too and that would eliminate fishing as well.

I lost all focus on tradeskills and actually working toward maxing them out when they removed the buffs from them. They became trivial at that point so now they are done for fun ( i.e. mounts, pets, xmog items, etc ).
Don t remove it...improve it

Make it possible to drop bandages for teamates that can just walk in them and get a small heal. But thise require a lot of cloth
OP is a liar. Report for trolling and move on.
02/13/2018 07:09 PMPosted by Peevers
i dunno, I really like fishing and you can make some pretty cool flavor items from professions.
Fishing and cooking (requires fishing) are the two that I refuse to level. Makes sense that they'd make them the most valuable out of all of them.

First aid... yea... its removal was long overdue. Every class puts a DoT on attack, which makes them useless in PvP and they haven't been useful in PvE since early WotLK.
02/14/2018 08:10 AMPosted by Reimmi
02/14/2018 08:09 AMPosted by Hamstar
Of course they have to remove it as it is going to be an integral part of the hunter healing spec.

goodbye beast mastery, now its a healing spec
because it was too similar to MM and we don't care if it's a niche spec - ion

We actually don't heal you during combat, but with our comfort animals, bandages, and hot coco we make wipes far less painful.
I mean... I always liked First Aid. I remember as a noobie warlock with no idea how anything worked but knowing that making bandaids = gaining health after a fight.
I understand that it's redundant and completely useless, but I'll miss it.
First aid in its current form is obsolete, but pruning it is the exact sort of mistake that they are trying to undo with the class pruning mistake.

Back in vanilla, leveling up first aid was basically mandatory, even for healers. In vanilla, your character wasn't 'finished' if you had skipped first aid, and you had to jump through a few hoops out in the world to do it instead of just grinding a stack of mats next to a trainer.

They should change first aid around so that it is basically mandatory again but in a modern and better way. Make first aid provide a practical baseline self heal and remove any of the self heals that have been stapled onto classes just to give them a self heal (thereby allowing the pruning of all those class based self heals that actually ought to be pruned). Then give it worse versions of 'mandatory' support abilities. Have a first aid brez, but make it worse than the real thing, so you've got to stand on the corpse and have a fairly long cast time. Druid feels cool because a druid can brez under pressure, first aid feels cool because the group CAN brez baseline but someone has to drop what they are doing and and make themselves vulnerable to do it. Give it a once per fight poison and disease removal type potion, maybe throw in a cast time to use it. Support classes to remove the effects are still a thing, but players can meet the support classes half way to relieve pressure on them once per fight.

You didn't NEED first aid in vanilla, but you were a degenerate if you didn't have it. Bring that back again.
It begs the question, if it is removed, does that mean cloth will drop only for players with the tailoring profession?
02/14/2018 09:02 AMPosted by Miang
First aid in its current form is obsolete, but pruning it is the exact sort of mistake that they are trying to undo with the class pruning mistake.

Back in vanilla, leveling up first aid was basically mandatory, even for healers. In vanilla, your character wasn't 'finished' if you had skipped first aid, and you had to jump through a few hoops out in the world to do it instead of just grinding a stack of mats next to a trainer.

They should change first aid around so that it is basically mandatory again but in a modern and better way. Make first aid provide a practical baseline self heal and remove any of the self heals that have been stapled onto classes just to give them a self heal (thereby allowing the pruning of all those class based self heals that actually ought to be pruned). Then give it worse versions of 'mandatory' support abilities. Have a first aid brez, but make it worse than the real thing, so you've got to stand on the corpse and have a fairly long cast time. Druid feels cool because a druid can brez under pressure, first aid feels cool because the group CAN brez baseline but someone has to drop what they are doing and and make themselves vulnerable to do it. Give it a once per fight poison and disease removal type potion, maybe throw in a cast time to use it. Support classes to remove the effects are still a thing, but players can meet the support classes half way to relieve pressure on them once per fight.

You didn't NEED first aid in vanilla, but you were a degenerate if you didn't have it. Bring that back again.
Back in vanilla yada,yada,yada. Go level your first aid when they make a classic server.
I feel like this is fake news. But I wouldn't care. To be honest, I usually max out a profession and then never touch it again during the expansion
02/13/2018 11:11 PMPosted by Farora
All they'd have to do is buff the heal you get from bandages and make it so dot damage doesn't interrupt them=/
02/14/2018 10:15 AMPosted by Xiata
I feel like this is fake news. But I wouldn't care. To be honest, I usually max out a profession and then never touch it again during the expansion

While it is only Alpha, currently they've moving First Aid to Tailoring.
02/14/2018 10:17 AMPosted by Autai
02/14/2018 10:15 AMPosted by Xiata

While it is only Alpha, currently they've moving First Aid to Tailoring.

Eh. That's fine by me. I have a tailor. I main healers, so I don't think I've EVER used bandages
I remember when having maxed out first aid was mandatory. It could mean the difference between life or death and downing bosses and what not.

Seems like the cheap option to go instead of fixing it and making it really relevant again.
Blizzard is NOT 'removing anything'; they are streamlining the game so you can immerse yourself into your class fantasy and enjoy the game even more, without all those needless distractions and choices.

It's for your own good .
They are your friends.
Obey.
when every class has self healing and defensive cooldowns it becomes pointless to have professions that heal you. Of course, they could have just left it in the game. I can't see the amount of development time required for first aid every expansion to be that much.
I remember the last time I used a bandage.
I think it was... WotLK? ...Maybe TBC...? nvm