BFA Ferocity Leech buff!

Hunter
03/04/2018 11:47 AMPosted by Yaldrik
03/04/2018 03:16 AMPosted by Onamah
It's akin to only arcane mages bringing time warp, or only enhancement shamans bringing bloodlust.

Or better yet, like making those skills a talent on the same tier as utility skills. That's probably the best comparison.

Well if we’re going copy those classes then we might as well lock it to a specific hunter spec. I think that would piss off the 2 specs that don’t get it then

Pretty sure marksman is the only one losing out on lust.
In a raid hardly ever get asked to bring a pet with Lust or for that matter a B Rez. Once in a blue moon it might be needed for a reduced group working through a progression boss and LW drums used then.
Mostly its a dungeon or just need a bit to burn a solo W mini boss.

Don't want it to be a Talent spot for sure!.

That said should just be a baseline talent for all three pet classes and L-Wolf so the poor MM don't feel left out. ;)
03/04/2018 04:45 PMPosted by Onostoolan
In a raid hardly ever get asked to bring a pet with Lust or for that matter a B Rez. Once in a blue moon it might be needed for a reduced group working through a progression boss and LW drums used then.
Mostly its a dungeon or just need a bit to burn a solo W mini boss.

Don't want it to be a Talent spot for sure!.

That said should just be a baseline talent for all three pet classes and L-Wolf so the poor MM don't feel left out. ;)

Unless we're going to be on par for damage with MM then nah they don't get to have lust.
MM wont be really losing the lust they will just lose dmg for a while summon a pet (because you can still do that) lose your lone wolf buff for for 1 second whilst you cast lust, dismiss pet, buff back and dps away

I admit it is not optimal BUT can still be done
03/05/2018 12:21 AMPosted by Aigmokthar
MM wont be really losing the lust they will just lose dmg for a while summon a pet (because you can still do that) lose your lone wolf buff for for 1 second whilst you cast lust, dismiss pet, buff back and dps away

Onostoolan was suggesting that all pet specs get blood lust and that MM get a blood lust button from their lone wolf ability. Which I wholeheartedly disagree with. You don't get to have BM utility while way out damaging us. I think they should make it so that if you start combat with a pet out lone wolf won't engage even if you dismiss the pet. They've removed the "I only summoned it to cast a brez" by taking away our pet based brez in BFA. So lust should be a conscious weighted decision for MM not a "I brought disposable pets to lust and abandon so I don't have to go through the long dismiss cast."
Honestly, 10% is not that great either.

I play assassination with leeching poison at 10% and it barely makes a difference when you're getting your !@# kicked by a rare/elite anyways.
03/05/2018 09:32 PMPosted by Sithïs
Honestly, 10% is not that great either.

I play assassination with leeching poison at 10% and it barely makes a difference when you're getting your !@# kicked by a rare/elite anyways.

For BM currently 10% is like having 3% or 4%. Unless they do some major overhauling I imagine it'll stay that way. Though if I got the full 10% that'd be like having, depending on the fight, anywhere from 160k to 210k hps for me. That's not something to sneeze at. That would help mitigate a lot of the raid wide damage that goes out on a lot of fights.
Look at it from another angle.

Is that 6-7% of pet only Leech really going to be worthwhile for pet tanking versus 10% extra health, an extra mitigation ability, and 30% reduced damage via Aspect of the Beast for any time you need a stronger pet?

Any time you don't need a stronger pet is that 6-7% pet only Leech going to be needed over a constant 35% Mend Pet heal or the clutch 100% Exhilaration heal?

Is 3-4% player only Leech truly going to be useful outside of very limited instanced scenarios because in most other situations your character isn't taking any damage while you are hiding behind your pet?
You missed the wink smiley face Farondur on the give it to MM with Lone Wolf I was being facetious.

That said I use Parcels with the 4 x 2% leach buff from Cobra Shot it is not noticeable either.
The damage absorb from Prydaz is much better.
I see a form of this is on our Azerite Artifact datamine on MMO campion

Resounding Protection (New) Every 30 sec, gain an absorb shield for 0 for 6 sec.
03/05/2018 06:19 PMPosted by Farondur
03/05/2018 12:21 AMPosted by Aigmokthar

Onostoolan was suggesting that all pet specs get blood lust and that MM get a blood lust button from their lone wolf ability. Which I wholeheartedly disagree with. You don't get to have BM utility while way out damaging us.

There's no reason to believe MM will be the higher DPS spec in BFA.
03/09/2018 04:08 AMPosted by Aeskir
03/05/2018 06:19 PMPosted by Farondur

Onostoolan was suggesting that all pet specs get blood lust and that MM get a blood lust button from their lone wolf ability. Which I wholeheartedly disagree with. You don't get to have BM utility while way out damaging us.

There's no reason to believe MM will be the higher DPS spec in BFA.

Except that Blizzard has made it abundantly clear that in our current set up, which so far no major changes there, BM is going to be heavily taxed damage wise for it's mobility that is basically useless because any PVE scenario that's movement heavy enough for it to be an actual boon would be near unbearable for any class with actual cast times. Otherwise we'd have received some sort of worthwhile numbers buffs by now not love taps intended to keep us from falling too far behind.
what is supposed to be the uptime on this? is it passive or a cooldown?
03/10/2018 12:37 AMPosted by Evilhiggins
what is supposed to be the uptime on this? is it passive or a cooldown?

Passive, 100%.