What is the fastest way to 900 lvl followers?

General Discussion
So i just got one of my Paladin Alts through the initial campaign and then opened up the broken isle follower so i have all my followers. However i have done it so fast that some of them aren't even level 110 yet and none of them are even blue border so i can't even get them anything but gear.

In an effort to gear them up the quickest way possible as i plan on starting to open Argus when i get off work tonight, i am looking for the quickest way to get them geared up so i don't have to do it 5 or 10 ilvl items at a time X7. So any ideas on how to gear them the fastest way possible to make use of them for Argus quests?

Any and all help is much appreciated.
Unlock the higher ilvl threshold through the Argus questline and take every order Hall talent tree path that facilitates the procurement of ilvl increase tokens. From there you just have to run missions on cooldown. Easily done through the legion companion app passively as you're at work/school or whatever.

Took me about a week to have a full roster of 950 ilvl followers. Just stay on top of it.
03/02/2018 02:09 PMPosted by Dice
Unlock the higher ilvl threshold through the Argus questline and take every order Hall talent tree path that facilitates the procurement of ilvl increase tokens. From there you just have to run missions on cooldown. Easily done through the legion companion app passively as you're at work/school or whatever.

In order to open those quests though aren't there gating quests like in Krokul, you can't get the reward quests until you have 6 ilvl 900 followers, or does the gear one open up before he gives you that quests? And even if it does open what level are those quests as i am working with only the 1 850 ilvl toon from Broken shore and all the rest are 760 (i think) since they are all newly opened.
Nethershards - 400 a pop to get each follower to 880. That's a great starting point for Argus missions - which you'll need to do anyway. And hey, you might be able to pick up some of the green and blue upgrades along the way.
03/02/2018 02:13 PMPosted by Wykle
Nethershards - 400 a pop to get each follower to 880. That's a great starting point for Argus missions - which you'll need to do anyway. And hey, you might be able to pick up some of the green and blue upgrades along the way.

What is the fastest way to get nethershards? Invasions? Or WQ's on Broken shore?
Well the gear vendor on the Broken Shore sells follower gear tokens that will gear a 110 follower to 880. They are also bind on account so if one character has more Nethershards you can just have that one buy them. It isn't 900 but it is close till you get the quest to raise them to 900 and then it is still a bit of a process to level them all up.
Unlocking Argus until you get the 900 ilvl armor reward quests. I can't remember where it is exacly, but before MacAree
The "get 6 followers to 900" quest starts spawning items that instantly boost a follower to ilvl 900. The missions are doable with ilvl 760 followers.
03/02/2018 02:14 PMPosted by Motors

What is the fastest way to get nethershards? Invasions? Or WQ's on Broken shore?

By far Invasions are the fastest way to accumulate them
03/02/2018 02:14 PMPosted by Strongrain
Well the gear vendor on the Broken Shore sells follower gear tokens that will gear a 110 follower to 880. They are also bind on account so if one character has more Nethershards you can just have that one buy them. It isn't 900 but it is close till you get the quest to raise them to 900 and then it is still a bit of a process to level them all up.

Awesome, i did not know about the BOA stuff. Great information. Especially if i have extra on my "main" which i am pretty sure i do.
03/02/2018 02:15 PMPosted by Kurogasa
The "get 6 followers to 900" quest starts spawning items that instantly boost a follower to ilvl 900. The missions are doable with ilvl 760 followers.

MY MAN! You are my hero, so if i am reading this right, i can get Argus moving and then use my lowbie 760 followers to get them 900 gear, i know it will take some time but still nice to know. Then in conjunction with that i can see about getting some 880 armor sets from Broken shore for a few of them.

Does that sound correct?
03/02/2018 02:14 PMPosted by Motors

I think you get a bunch just doing the starting quests for Broken Shore.
Yeah, though I'd say use the shards on the follower xp books if possible. You can't advance the quest chain until 6 followers are 900, so you'd be overwriting the 880 armor sets anyway.

The armor set mission pops up once very two days I think. You'll get your 900 followers in a reasonable amount of time.
03/02/2018 02:17 PMPosted by Motors
03/02/2018 02:15 PMPosted by Kurogasa

MY MAN! You are my hero, so if i am reading this right, i can get Argus moving and then use my lowbie 760 followers to get them 900 gear, i know it will take some time but still nice to know. Then in conjunction with that i can see about getting some 880 armor sets from Broken shore for a few of them.

Does that sound correct?

This is correct. Once you complete the Argussian Reach quests in Kro'kul, and get the quest to bring 6 followers to 900, it begins spawning the instant-900 token order hall missions, which can be done at 760 ilvl. The spawn time between token missions can vary a bit. After completing one, it might be day before the next one appears.
https://wow.gameinfo.io/invasions

definitely the best way
Thank you all for the information, much appreciated.
03/02/2018 02:12 PMPosted by Motors
03/02/2018 02:09 PMPosted by Dice

In order to open those quests though aren't there gating quests like in Krokul, you can't get the reward quests until you have 6 ilvl 900 followers, or does the gear one open up before he gives you that quests? And even if it does open what level are those quests as i am working with only the 1 850 ilvl toon from Broken shore and all the rest are 760 (i think) since they are all newly opened.

The quest that requires 6 followers at 925 unlocks the missions that reward instant 900 follower equipment.
Go burn down the 3 argus questlines all at once. It's a few hours' work and opens up a ton of catchup stuff. I think the krokuun hovel guy gives a quest where you get 6 followers to ilevel 900, but also unlocks mission table missions that reward a set of ilevel 900 armor for followers. So you can skip all those +5-15 armor junks and just plop the ilevel 900 armor on your ilevel 780 followers to skip them up quickly. Once you get six to ilevel 900, you open up some more mission table things and talk to the lady and guy at the front of the vindicaar to move your followers through 925 and 950 with missions that reward those. You also get some pretty sweet other follower gear like +50% on missions over 8 hours or +20 mission success period, Or alternate versions of things - Like you might have a +30% on missions over 8 hours flask, then a +30% on missions over 8 hours demon blood, and get around the fact you can only have 1 of each kind of thing on a follower.

And your gold missions go from 2200 avg to 2500 avg on some, and you get some fairly powerful krokuun troops and a lightforge bulwark troop. And primal sargerite. And veiled argunite missions. Wish I'd focused down this questline earlier, but I'm nearly finished with it now. :)
03/02/2018 04:40 PMPosted by Kuranna
<span class="truncated">...</span>

The quest that requires 6 followers at 925 unlocks the missions that reward instant 900 follower equipment.

Seems to me the quest to raise them to 900 unlocked the 900 missions. I'm on a quest to get 6 to ilevel 950 and have 1-2 ilevel 950 armor reward missions per day now and it was like that at 925 and 900.
03/02/2018 04:40 PMPosted by Kuranna

This is untrue. The way the quest chain progresses is as follows:

[mission]
- unlock ilevel 900 tokens
- unlocks the first troop type
[requires 6x900 followers]
[mission]
- unlock missions at ilevel 900
[mission]
- unlock ilevel 925 tokens
- unlock second troop type
[requires 6x925 followers]
[mission]