Blue:classic wow?

Classic Discussion
03/14/2018 12:07 PMPosted by Nakadashi
03/14/2018 12:05 PMPosted by Champlainz
They may be content with the fact that they have said things like "vanilla means vanilla" and "warts and all". I mean, there isn't very many reasonable ways you can interpret that but yet the pro changes crowd seems determined to see whatever nuance they want to see.

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

Words
03/14/2018 11:07 AMPosted by Walls
Why has there been 0 updates or anything since the original announcement at Blizzcon?You guys said you wanted the players feedback and suggestions but there has not been a blue post or anything since the classic forum has gone up,not a word or stitch of info going on 5 months.You guys got so many people hyped for this and then go completely silent,me and many others are starting to wonder if this project is ever going to happen.And no i am not posting on that completely useless dead classic forum that gets 0 attention.

From what I've seen they've been getting feedback and suggestions for the past 5 months. From the players without any interruptions.

Once they do post again, they'll get another 5 months of feedback, and more players will be interested by that time
03/14/2018 12:36 PMPosted by Zuggit
From what I've seen they've been getting feedback and suggestions for the past 5 months. From the players without any interruptions.

Once they do post again, they'll get another 5 months of feedback, and more players will be interested by that time
more like people will be sick and tired of Blizzards lack of communication and go play private servers.
How is Blizzard foolish? Doesn't anyone understand what kind of massive undertaking this project is?

And they're doing it FOR YOU.

Christ, some of you are ungrateful.
03/14/2018 01:00 PMPosted by Starman
How is Blizzard foolish? Doesn't anyone understand what kind of massive undertaking this project is?

No... They are doing it for themselfs.

how fn hard is it to come into the forum and say hi to all the fans waiting here patiently.
03/14/2018 01:06 PMPosted by Koochom

how fn hard is it to come into the forum and say hi to all the fans waiting here patiently,crappy service is what we are getting.

Starman is an omnipresent troll. Pay him no heed.

No one is saying this is easy. People just want updates. Is that so hard for you to understand, strawman?

how fn hard is it to come into the forum and say hi to all the fans waiting here patiently,crappy service is what we are getting.

Well maybe they think people understand how monumental of a task this is. You don't see me begging for an update because I'm a software engineer so I already put this at least 12 months out, probably more.
03/14/2018 01:16 PMPosted by Anitharia

No one is saying this is easy. People just want updates. Is that so hard for you to understand, strawman?

Do we need four damn threads every damn day? Have the maturity to understand how childish these threads are.
Welcome to the Classic Forums!
We are not dead, we just progress at a slower pace.

A pace that was meant to be.
03/14/2018 01:13 PMPosted by Brokenwind
...how fn hard is it to come into the forum and say hi to all the fans waiting here patiently,crappy service is what we are getting.

Starman is an omnipresent troll. Pay him no heed.

Woot! Another member of my fan club! Welcome!
Because the intelligence of a crowd is inversely proportional to the number of members.
03/14/2018 01:17 PMPosted by Starman

Do we need four damn threads every damn day? Have the maturity to understand how childish these threads are.

People really want an update. Any kind of update. I've said this multiple times now, but it'll only get worse as time goes on. I don't know why anyone would expect otherwise.
03/14/2018 01:51 PMPosted by Anitharia

People really want an update. Any kind of update. I've said this multiple times now, but it'll only get worse as time goes on. I don't know why anyone would expect otherwise.

Ok let's put it this way - forums generally don't like duplicate posts. Happens on every forum I'm on. Why is it accepted here?

Do you do anything on these forums except come in and try to chastise everyone? Haven't seen one post where you aren't acting like some white knight or asking for terrible changes

People expect it to be like ordering Dominos. "Order received!/we're making your pie!/it's in the oven!/ out for Delivery!"

"We made plans to bring back Classic/Assembling a team!/Acquiring hardware!/mocking up some test builds!/etc etc..."

This is more like ordering Chinese. "Confirmation email. 30 minutes to an hour and a half later there's a knock on your door!"

"Confirmation that Classic is under construction. 2 years later we might have something in beta!"

This should surprise no one. Blizzard has never really been all about fan service and communicating every step and critical decision along the way.
03/14/2018 01:57 PMPosted by Starman
03/14/2018 01:51 PMPosted by Anitharia

Ok let's put it this way - forums generally don't like duplicate posts. Happens on every forum I'm on. Why is it accepted here?

It's accepted here because everyone really wants an update on Classic. It's no different than how the flying threads spam were accepted back in WoD.
03/14/2018 02:24 PMPosted by Anitharia
03/14/2018 01:57 PMPosted by Starman

It's accepted here because everyone really wants an update on Classic. It's no different than how the flying threads spam were accepted back in WoD.

You're comparing apples to oranges. Flying was an ADDED feature people wanted. CLASSIC is a brand new project which everyone should know takes months to even get to a point where anyone at Blizzard can talk about it.

Anyone should be able to see that.
“Brand new project”

I laughed XD