Can you imagine the horror....

General Discussion
If Disney-Blizzard merger appealed to WoW fans as they do to super hero fans this game would skyrocket in subs.

Maybe someday there will be passion in the development of this game again.
03/15/2018 06:18 PMPosted by Dirona
If Disney decides to buy Activison-Blizzard just like they bought marvel, star wars, and now fox?

This would be very unrelated to those. Marvel was making very successful movies, Star Wars was a successful franchise in movies, etc.

The Warcraft movie was made by Universal, rather than being made by Activision-Blizzard studios. Universal is owned by Comcast. They'd be more likely to buy that, but that would not let them own the "World of Warcraft" license, or Activision-Blizzard.
I bet they would get rid of CRZ, multiboxing, forced personal loot, LFR and mission tables while finishing putting out legacy servers and including raider.io scores (or similar) into the game.
03/15/2018 06:29 PMPosted by Alurna
I guess Jaina would become a Disney Princess.

And we'd all be looking for those "special Disney" easter eggs like you can find in the Little Mermaid.
If Disney decides to buy Activison-Blizzard just like they bought marvel, star wars, and now fox? What could they do to our beloved WC, SC, Diablo, CoD and other universes we all hold dear? "shudders"

Can't be any worse than what Activision-Blizzard has been doing for the last 3-4 years.
Next expac confirmed: World of warcraft Wrath of the mic-key
Maybe they'll make everything cuter.
Than WoW will become like an asian MMO, full of animal races.
At least we'd likely be rid of watcher and his lying self.
We'd get better stories other then game of thrones knock offs.
Maybe get real devs rather than lawyers.
Maybe we'd get some better writing. More interesting stories. More community interaction. More requested features such as more customisation options. The list of possibilities is endless.
If Disney decides to buy Activison-Blizzard just like they bought marvel, star wars, and now fox? What could they do to our beloved WC, SC, Diablo, CoD and other universes we all hold dear? "shudders"

make it awsome having stan lee telling the story's i say hurry up and buy
On the one hand, I really can't stand the monopoly that the house of mouse has become and the low quality stuff it seems to be putting out of late.

...on the other hand, if it would lead to some housecleaning on the current dev team. Then replacing them with people who were game designers first and foremost who were actually interested in making quality content like the pre wod days instead of thinking primarily of how to pad the metrics before anything else, I might approve.

A buyout and subsequent housecleaning is probably the only way to trim the fat and get some fresh thinking to reinvigorate wow from it current sad state of affairs.
03/15/2018 06:40 PMPosted by Whiteknight
I guess Anduin would become a Disney Princess.
fixed

The plot armor would cause the scouter to explode measuring it.
I would love to play Diablo as "Goofy" swinging a giant key as a weapon!
I wasn't happy when they picked up Star Wars.

But then I saw what they did with Marvel, and thought they did a great job.

And then I started to see what they did with Star Wars, and they did an awesome job.

So if Disney picked up Blizzard, I wouldn't be too worried.

At least maybe then we would get an Animated Warcraft Movie instead of them trying to push Live Action.

Come on, give us those awesome cinematics but as a full length movie.
It would be interesting, but in the same time though I think there will be some drawbacks as SW and Marvel have been added to the disney multiverse, such as adding characters from those shows in special episodes in phineas and ferb (which were cringeworthy to begin with) I could imagine the horror to see major characters from WoW making appearances in P&F.
Oh gawd, my brain hurts imaging Thrall in his Green Jesus attire drawn as a cartoon from the P&F verse and interacting with P&F in the most cringeworthy way possible. I know P&F is no longer running, but just imagine
The quality would probably degrade dramatically.

Fixed.
03/15/2018 06:43 PMPosted by Metôx
They don't have passion. Only products.

Because Activision is the go-to example when it comes to being passionate about your creations.