What is "lag 7?" - An educational post

Battlegrounds
02/20/2018 11:22 AMPosted by Miadra
Worst part is that the streamer obviously knew they were about to do it. He is just as culpable in my opinion.

And blizz wonders why rated participation isn't higher...

Yeah he def knew

I do think the anti-cheating is a lot better in Legion compared to MOP/WOD. I see a lot less botters, and hardly anyone gets DDOS'd anymore. Blizz seems to be handing out bans pretty frequently which seems to be deterring a lot of the cheaters. Several of the most popular "Bot Providers" have gone out of business as well.

There's still the occasional cheater, but they're very few and far between.

I think the lack of Rated Participation is due to a lack of beneficial PVP Rewards.
02/21/2018 10:15 AMPosted by Squeektoy
02/21/2018 10:09 AMPosted by Xjd

Decapitated gnomes.

Not surprising. If you can't win on your own and need to cheat, the "best" way to do that is to get rid of the gnomes since they are the greatest obstacle (not biggest, greatest) in the way of you and "glory". Hole lot of people would agree ;)

I am struggling to make a rebuttal and all I can think of is a willriker maturity post so I am just going to say you win. Leftovers for lunch can take a toll on me.

/nap.
02/21/2018 09:21 AMPosted by Kuwenta
02/20/2018 04:17 PMPosted by Hotdogdots
Actually I didn't know he was about to do it, I was looking to see who was going GM as usually a DH goes there with a mistweaver. Ashido will be banned don't worry ladies and gents.

you taking your eyes off the path towards the objective to look and "see" whos going to mines can be easily solved by looking at the minimap....you say a dh and a mw "usually" go down there?...easy.....a purple dot and a lime green dot will be moving towards the mines.....not sure who they are?,....move your cursor over the dots and their names will appear....see,no more taking your eyes off whats in front of you at apparently "just (after) the right moment" to avoid any video implications of a teammate(s) doing naughty things......

Kathorist said "ask ashido"....... he/she didnt say...... "that was ashido"

why would you say that ashido will be banned (in reference to this video) as myself and im sure others cannot make out the names either in the nameplates or in mr target or similar addon thats visible left side?

You are seriously telling me how to play? ... Jesus man. Thanks for the mini map tip!

I'm telling you it was ashido, because it was ashido who cheated. If any of you knew who I was, you wouldn't be saying I'm suspicious. Honestly if I didn't want my 'teammates' caught on camera, why in the world would I stream lol. Use your logic.
02/21/2018 10:18 AMPosted by Frostchi
Worst part is that the streamer obviously knew they were about to do it. He is just as culpable in my opinion.

Yeah he def knew

I do think the anti-cheating is a lot better in Legion compared to MOP/WOD. I see a lot less botters, and hardly anyone gets DDOS'd anymore. Blizz seems to be handing out bans pretty frequently which seems to be deterring a lot of the cheaters. Several of the most popular "Bot Providers" have gone out of business as well.

There's still the occasional cheater, but they're very few and far between.

I think the lack of Rated Participation is due to a lack of beneficial PVP Rewards.

You are probably on point about the rewards, but the cheating definitely doesn't help.

As for bots, I seriously just saw the first one this xpac that I knew had to be a bot the other day in AV. When you start attacking a lock and instead of returning fire, he starts dropping a soulwell, odds are he isn't really there lol.
02/21/2018 10:44 AMPosted by Hotdogdots
You are seriously telling me how to play?

No....I am not telling you or anyone else how to play...

just my observations and others may share it...
you took the time to feed this so the public could ooo and ahh at the killer moves of a particular team,fair enough,so I take on the impression that you are somewhat serious about bg's and thats fine as well...

I simply asked why one would pan the camera out of view of your running direction to look for teamates that are supposed to be somewhere when a simpler,less suspicious and quicker method could have been used,with a mere glance at your minimap.....all at the time that everyone who seen the clip seen the individual magically gain 100 yards in a blink of the eye..

I imply nothing......but the evidence does look damning.
02/21/2018 01:02 PMPosted by Kuwenta
02/21/2018 10:44 AMPosted by Hotdogdots
You are seriously telling me how to play?

you took the time to feed this so the public could ooo and ahh at the killer moves of a particular team,fair enough,so I take on the impression that you are somewhat serious about bg's and thats fine as well...

I simply asked why one would pan the camera out of view of your running direction to look for teamates that are supposed to be somewhere when a simpler,less suspicious and quicker method could have been used,with a mere glance at your minimap.....all at the time that everyone who seen the clip seen the individual magically gain 100 yards in a blink of the eye..

I do not use my mini map. I'll hit M if I need to see where people are out side of my view.
I missed 5 sequels to lag!?
02/21/2018 08:38 PMPosted by Liquorishe
I missed 5 sequels to lag!?

No they are starting with season 7 and doing prequels every year.
02/21/2018 04:00 PMPosted by Hotdogdots
02/21/2018 01:02 PMPosted by Kuwenta

I do not use my mini map. I'll hit M if I need to see where people are out side of my view.
Or you don't use the mini map cause people would see the friendly dots jumping around and you wouldn't want that.
02/22/2018 05:21 AMPosted by Scizor
02/21/2018 04:00 PMPosted by Hotdogdots

Or you don't use the mini map cause people would see the friendly dots jumping around and you wouldn't want that.

Lol, good point.
02/20/2018 04:17 PMPosted by Hotdogdots

Actually I didn't know he was about to do it, I was looking to see who was going GM as usually a DH goes there with a mistweaver. Ashido will be banned don't worry ladies and gents. Blizzard will take appropriate actions against the botters and lag7 players. Report/submit this video and blizz will see it in their logs. Good work on the catch Kasper. Cheers
Why is your minimap covered on your stream?
To prevent Dodgers and snipers from seeing the team is in que.
02/20/2018 12:58 PMPosted by Shadowy
The good thing is is there seems to be way less cheating, scripting, etc going on this expansion than last. This forum was filled with that in WoD

like fly hacks were a huge problem but i haven't seen a thread about that in all of Legion

Almost every DH I fight uses fly hacks!!! :D
11/14/2018 06:02 AMPosted by Hotdogdots
To prevent Dodgers and snipers from seeing the team is in que.

Did you seriously necro a 9 month old post to answer a question?