The Reason Why WoW is Dying (How To MWGA)

General Discussion
1 2 3 14 Next
Heres the thing, im not gonna sugar coat it.

WoW is dead ... people are done with the same uninspired boring gameplay.

How did it come to this? Why is Final Fantasy MMO Now competing with WoW as most played mmo?

The Devs are in tunnel vision because they've been successful for too long.

They dont even know what people want

They dont even know why their own game is dying.

To Dissect this we need to dig through 'what makes or breaks the gameplay' in WoW

Theres only 3 types of gamplay in WoW.

1.) is PvP (Player vs Player)
2.) is PvE Progression (Player vs Scripted Raid)
3.) is Miscellaneous Grinding that the game provides such as Gold Making, Item Collecting.

What they need to do is to emphasize gameplay that is truly engaging such as mixing 'Treasure Hunting' with PvP. Like they did in the past.

Easter Egg collecting, People go crazy over that. Discovering Secrets all around the game world.

That'l keep a completionist for days.

Devs are just getting stupid.

Theres so many ways to make a game more exciting, but they chose not to, so ...

But lets not forget, The most fascinating feature that WoW had that the rest didnt have was 'Faction Loyalty' towards your chosen Faction, which Led to All Out Server Wars that went personal. Even the forums were full of vitriol at one point due to this fabricated 'Faction Identity'

Those were the good old days ... when every corner of the game world was not safe due to these 'faction' wars ...

Going Outside meant your gonna expose yourself to griefers, and you have to fight back and bring out your team. Its been dead for a long time since they weren't emphasizing this amazing feature.

Instead they just pump out more PvE Raids to do as a means of Content. But you can really sense the lack of inspiration when PvP Aspect gets neglected for so long.

I myself just deleted all my characters expect for two. my main and my banker.

Theres no point anymore

Since PvP is dead, the community is dead, and the root of this is because there is no more faction rivalry ... nor there are any incentives to do so.
How you know wow isn't dead: There are still people around to declare wow is dead.
WoW has died so many times I've lost count.

I still remember that time when swtor killed wow, then walked three steps before succumbing to its venom and becoming free 2 play.

Or that time when they added pandas and it killed wow with high cholesterol.
Since when is FF competing with WoW? LOL
02/24/2018 01:40 AMPosted by Solidusblarg

I still remember that time when swtor killed wow, then walked three steps before succumbing to its venom and becoming free 2 play.

If people are content with a game that has gone stale for far too long, then it doesnt need reinvention & renovation ...

i rest my case.
02/24/2018 01:30 AMPosted by Nessaz

If I rememebr correctly, Legion is one of the fastest selling PC games in history. That doesn't sound like a game that is dead to me, but what the hell do I know?

I see tons of people in every questing zone I've been in today. I see tons of people active on my friends list. I see tons of people every where. The game world has been booming with more activity lately than I've seen in almost five years.

But okay, sure, it's dead.

See you in five years when another version of you spills the same generic garbage.
02/24/2018 01:41 AMPosted by Maeleterix
Since when is FF competing with WoW? LOL

FF has beaten WoW over Subscriber Numbers Already. get out of your Man Hole.

Blizz are refusing to show Subscriber Numbers for a while now ...
02/24/2018 01:43 AMPosted by Nessaz
02/24/2018 01:40 AMPosted by Solidusblarg

If people are content with a game that has gone stale for far too long, then it doesnt need reinvention & renovation ...

i rest my case.

What? You mean to tell me you shouldn't fix what ant broken? Shocking.

Also on ff14 numbers, citation needed.
02/24/2018 01:45 AMPosted by Nessaz
FF has beaten WoW over Subscriber Numbers Already. get out of your Man Hole.

No, they haven't.
Players claimed battlegrounds kill WoW in Classic.

Blood Elves killed WoW in TBC. So did flying.

Deathknights killed WoW in WoTLK.

The old world revamp and difficult heroics killed WoW in Cata.

Dailies killed WoW in MoP.

Time travel killed WoW in WoD.

WoW is still going.
02/24/2018 01:45 AMPosted by Glaivedancer

If I rememebr correctly, Legion is one of the fastest selling PC games in history. That doesn't sound like a game that is dead to me, but what the hell do I know?

I see tons of people in every questing zone I've been in today. I see tons of people active on my friends list. I see tons of people every where. The game world has been booming with more activity lately than I've seen in almost five years.

See you in five years when another version of you spills the same generic garbage.

You are seeing the effects of 'Server Merge' In action. All of you delusional Fanboys are easily debunkable.
I still love this game. I guess I always will. Spent too many hours with it I guess. So, I'll just keep pluggin along. Warts and all.
"Theres only 3 types of gamplay in WoW. "

Wrong. Ever heard of RP? There are many minority groups in WoW that are not as vocal but do play the game. I myself enjoy exploring the game and taking awesome screenshots and that to me is a legitimate form of game play.
Truthfully they lost most of the real creative talent for WoW long ago and we've been dealing with the B team ever since. That's why they keep looking to the past or other games instead of finding new things to do.

MoP started to get things right again, then WoD took a huge step in the wrong direction and hasn't recovered.
Heres the thing, im not gonna sugar coat it.

I've been reading that for 14 years now. So it is more than likely that you are incorrect.

This is the most successful Western, Premium Monthly Subscription, Massively Multiplayer, Roleplaying Game EVER. I can't think of another that is even in the running.
02/24/2018 01:46 AMPosted by Nessaz
You are seeing the effects of 'Server Merge' In action. All of you delusional Fanboys are easily debunkable.

You're posting on here, so that means:

A. You used a token to be active
B. Used cash to be active

either way, you're supporting a, "dead" game.

Yet, I'm the delusional one?

K.
02/24/2018 01:45 AMPosted by Glaivedancer

So debunkable that you won't show where ff14 is more popular.
02/24/2018 01:49 AMPosted by Glaivedancer

You're posting on here, so that means:

A. You used a token to be active
B. Used cash to be active

either way, you're supporting a, "dead" game.

Yet, I'm the delusional one?

K.
Saved me the trouble of pointing that out, thanks!
Oh this is fun!

/popcorn