Mag'har Orcs: Unlock Requirements

General Discussion
My guess is some sort of questline, which we all must do.

Some of the other posters in this very thread, will be back, complaining about it.

:)
03/06/2018 01:28 PMPosted by Nusku
My guess is some sort of questline, which we all must do.

Some of the other posters in this very thread, will be back, complaining about it.

:)
Not me. I'd prefer that to a long, tedious rep grind.
02/25/2018 10:32 AMPosted by Caldoverde
You have to go back and redo WoD 4 times to unlock them. Bwahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!! >:)~

You are a mean mean person. Lol
I don’t care as long as I get upright orcs.

Whether original or Mag’har flavor.
03/06/2018 01:12 PMPosted by Velindrana
03/06/2018 12:21 PMPosted by Sifu
Technically, Legion will also be in the past, and you'd still have to do quests and get exalted with 4 Legion factions in order to unlock the Allied race there.

Well, unless the speculation that those requirements will be removed when BFA goes live turns out to be accurate. Then you'll just have to do their scenarios.

I’ve been thinking that might make sense. Or even a reduced honored/revered. Exhalted in old content for races might be crossing the line. Races are more than cosmetic.

Is the speculation based on anything concrete?

If they do remove it everyone who got it prior to the removal should get unique titles for each race/rep.
02/25/2018 10:29 AMPosted by Shadôws
By now it's been made clear (for the most part) that Mag'har Orcs will be throwing their lot in with the Horde at some point in BfA. However, what I have NOT seen is any speculation in regards to their potential unlock requirements.

Will they be locked behind reputation requirements like the others? Will they be more like the Zandalari Trolls and join the Horde through a questline or scenario?

What do you all think? I for one am looking forward to them, and will do whatever it takes to welcome them to the Horde!

And by now it's been made clear that you don't know what you're talking about.

Ion confirmed that the Orcs the horde is getting are from AU Warlords of Draenor, not Outlands. Therefore they are NOT Mag'har.
02/25/2018 10:42 AMPosted by Caldoverde
But to answer your question seriously, I'm not sure what kind of requirements they could ask since, for better or for worse, WoD is in the past ... unless there's something about BfA they haven't revealed yet. Personally, I hope they don't go the rep grind route with every single allied race. I'd go nuts! Or more likely, I wouldn't bother.

I have a feeling that there won't be any RIDICULOUS gates like the Argussian Reach gate. There would be 8 months of "content drought" for players to gripe and moan about if they didn't have to grind something from a new zone in such miniscule amounts that if you don't have good RNG on the mission tables, it'll take a month or two to get the rep for.

I'm thinking THAT particular aspect was a filler... although it makes no sense for the Highmountain/Nightborne to have the exalted gate slapped on, since we solved all of their problems for them in the story component... we shouldn't have needed to be "exalted", but that's a logical thought, and I'm not a dev, so what do I know.
03/06/2018 02:53 PMPosted by Corvusrath
03/06/2018 01:12 PMPosted by Velindrana
Well, unless the speculation that those requirements will be removed when BFA goes live turns out to be accurate. Then you'll just have to do their scenarios.

I’ve been thinking that might make sense. Or even a reduced honored/revered. Exhalted in old content for races might be crossing the line. Races are more than cosmetic.

Is the speculation based on anything concrete?

If they do remove it everyone who got it prior to the removal should get unique titles for each race/rep.

The speculation may be concrete, since there would be an 8 month "content drought" for players that don't give a dam to go back and farm old content or level an alt, or something.
Likely something rather simple. Don't expect to be forced to grind WoD reputations. The reason Blizzard had you grinding Legion reputations was to keep people playing; those requirements will be gone once BfA actually releases.

Mag'har quest chains, well... there are too many to simply pin down. They might not have such a requirement, even, or it could be a specific scenario in Zandalar/Kul Tiras, similar to how you 'help' the Dark Iron on Kul Tiras rather than having an arbitrary quest chain to complete in, say, the Searing Gorge.
You have to go back and redo WoD 4 times to unlock them. Bwahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!! >:)~

I'd do it. I liked WoD and I like this new allied race.
03/06/2018 03:33 PMPosted by Kerguelen

I'd do it. I liked WoD and I like this new allied race.

And it wouldn't even be that difficult if you just needed some rep. Talk to an NPC from all the WoD factions, and blast a lil gold on Medallion of the Legion, till you get exalted. EZ
There is no reason why they are making us wait for brown orcs and dark irons. They should just roll them out now ESPECIALLY if old content is required to be farmed to obtain them.

If i have to farm Molten Core or WOD to get these races, give them to me now that I have the time to do it; NOT when I am leveling a toon to 120.
03/06/2018 03:23 PMPosted by Rhyliin
02/25/2018 10:29 AMPosted by Shadôws
By now it's been made clear (for the most part) that Mag'har Orcs will be throwing their lot in with the Horde at some point in BfA. However, what I have NOT seen is any speculation in regards to their potential unlock requirements.

Will they be locked behind reputation requirements like the others? Will they be more like the Zandalari Trolls and join the Horde through a questline or scenario?

What do you all think? I for one am looking forward to them, and will do whatever it takes to welcome them to the Horde!

And by now it's been made clear that you don't know what you're talking about.

Ion confirmed that the Orcs the horde is getting are from AU Warlords of Draenor, not Outlands. Therefore they are NOT Mag'har.
mag'har is the orc word for uncorrupted so they ARE mag'har orcs
02/25/2018 11:07 AMPosted by Truckerjim
02/25/2018 11:05 AMPosted by Kastrieren
Why would people want to play a more pathetic version of Orc? The iron horde will probably be more of a burden to the horde than a boon. They're a race of bigger losers comparable to the modern troll.

Still better than playing a boring human in a fantasy world.

Yeah! No one likes humans in fantasy settings! That's why all of the greatest works of modern fantasy starred trolls and ogres as the main characters! I'm pretty sure the whole cast of Wheel of Time are trollocs. Remember in The Lord of the Rings when Aragon was an orc? He was so interesting! I especially liked the part in A Clash of Kings were Jon Snow was a Jamaican troll.

Oh wait... They were all humans, or featured a human extremely prominently, with the exception of The Hobbit. Which starred a short, extremely provincial race of humans.
03/06/2018 12:03 PMPosted by Input
It better be the Outland rep as lore has it is falling further into the void as time passes on falling apart more and more. So they need a new home.
That makes no sense though as we're recruiting the AU orcs who have nothing to do with the Outland orcs....
Why did you necro bro? Bad elf bad!
So let me get this straight IF i was a new player and wanted the allied race I'd first have to make say an ORC get them to max LEvel then get exalted with a previous EXPac rep and then spend $ to race change my orc from green to Black. and I ASK this as someone who commonly recuits new players to the game.
07/20/2018 11:57 PMPosted by Ravên
So let me get this straight IF i was a new player and wanted the allied race I'd first have to make say an ORC get them to max LEvel then get exalted with a previous EXPac rep and then spend $ to race change my orc from green to Black. and I ASK this as someone who commonly recuits new players to the game.

Despite this being a 6 month necro post, I'll answer...

1. Get a toon to 120, horde side, any race.

2. Finish the war campaign, you will get nearly halfway through just doing the quests while leveling.

3. Get exalted with the Honorbound. Since you need this faction to unlock the quests to finish the War Campaign, and nearly half the world quests available will be for this faction, it won't be hard.

4. Do a short scenario quest to recruit the Mag'har, This is a 20 minute task, at most.

5. Enjoy your newly unlocked race and mount! New Mag'har orcs start leveling at lvl 20.
Its all about the race change profit this expac unfortunately. I think after unlocking a race you should get your first race change free, after that they can charge. But that wont happen.... slow leveling down, gate new races behind rep, that way if you want your main you just got to 120 to be that cool new thing you unlocked, you gotta fork over the cash.
<span class="truncated">...</span>Right? Whatever you may think of WoD, it still sounds better than trying to get exalted with Argussian Reach.

... *Cries bitterly*

The worst rep grind since TBC's Nether Drakes.

Still easier to get the Argus achievement and exalted rep than to get the Nightborne achievement and exalted rep from scratch.

edited for spelling errors