Don't Take My Vultures!

General Discussion
02/28/2018 01:28 AMPosted by Aliandrin
02/28/2018 01:24 AMPosted by Woruul
The old models are hideous.

The old models are really undertextured. Their look, however, is fantastic.

The new models are the reverse. They look cruddy but are done well.

You must be the same people who said old race models were done well. There is no reasoning with nostalgia.
02/28/2018 02:13 AMPosted by Sithïs
02/28/2018 01:28 AMPosted by Aliandrin

The old models are really undertextured. Their look, however, is fantastic.

The new models are the reverse. They look cruddy but are done well.

You must be the same people who said old race models were done well. There is no reasoning with nostalgia.

Yes, I am multiple people. That, at least, we can confirm.

And they did ruin human and gnome females with the updates. I agree most races got a boost, but not gnome females or human females. Their faces look awful now.
02/28/2018 02:01 AMPosted by Aliandrin
I just really liked the small head. They look fiercer. The new ones look derpy.

The old one has eyes so big the head is 90% eyes.
Im in love with the new hyena models. I need to tame one
02/28/2018 02:16 AMPosted by Blackheart
02/28/2018 02:01 AMPosted by Aliandrin
I just really liked the small head. They look fiercer. The new ones look derpy.

Birds actually have large eyes.

Here is a turkey vulture.

http://stmedia.startribune.com/images/ows_144492697629876.jpg

Its head is small.

The new ones aren't vultures anymore - they're condors with their great big bulbous heads.

I like vultures. Turkey vultures, black vultures, and griffin vultures all have smallish heads that are sort of streamlined with their necks.
Neither vulture model looks too hot. The new hyenas though...yes please.
02/28/2018 02:23 AMPosted by Aliandrin
02/28/2018 02:16 AMPosted by Blackheart

Birds actually have large eyes.

Here is a turkey vulture.

http://stmedia.startribune.com/images/ows_144492697629876.jpg

Its head is small.

The new ones aren't vultures anymore - they're condors with their great big bulbous heads.

I like vultures. Turkey vultures, black vultures, and griffin vultures all have smallish heads that are sort of streamlined with their necks.

You like vultures but see nothing wrong with comically large eyes that are extremly far from actual vultures ?

Ehm what ?
Oh god, the tarantulas...
02/28/2018 01:49 AMPosted by Exo
It's unfortunate you don't like them, but to me they're waaaaay better than the old ones in concept and quality.

^

Every one of them that I looked at was a vast improvement over the original.

Not one of them looked worse.
I think all the new ones are absolutely fantastic

Although, those spiders are pretty horrifying to me.
02/28/2018 02:10 AMPosted by Kurogasa
Eh some are good updates, some not so much. Not really a fan of the whole dull and rounded look for all the crabs and the robot chicken - I like the older shinier pointier versions a bit more. Not really a fan of the new hyenas either - they look too clean and stylized compared to the older ones. I mean, I kinda expect a wild hyena to be a bit dirty and what not.

You expect a wild hyena to be dirt and what not? What about that neon-colored porygon (not even porygon2) expresses being "a bit dirty." The old stuff (and especially the hyena model) don't have enough detail to even express what they're supposed to be, let alone being "a bit dirty."

Most of the old models have bright colors to offset their general lack of detail and as a design to distract the eye from noticing. Bright colors are not necessary on more detailed models (many, many more polygons), and in-fact would cause some of those detailed textures to lose clarity.
I'm going to miss the look of the white vulture from the Badlands - Zaricotl, I think his name is? With the red eyes, something about that bird looked rather literally insane. Hopefully, he'll get to keep his unique coloration in BFA, even if we have to get used to a new look about him.
When are hunters going to get those snail pets?
I've always wanted to be able to tame a Barrens Giraffe.

Make it happen Blizz!

As for Vultures I don't think I have ever seen a hunter with one. Most hunter pets I see out there are cats,dinos and wolves and core hounds. When a new expack comes along people all go after the new added pets but then go back to the old faithfuls.

I know I do on my hunters.

My habits with pets may have to change come BfA with not being able to change my pets current talent.
But Vultures are ugly to begin with.
The GEM to STONE is a worse change.
The new ones look so much better!
:(

I dislike the color changes on the white vulture
Some are good. The overall dulling is a sad thing. They really lost some brightness. I have that gem crab just because it's so unique looking and I get comments on it when I have it out. The new one is nothing like the old.
i enjoy the new model updates for the pets

02/28/2018 02:10 AMPosted by Kurogasa
Not really a fan of the new hyenas either - they look too clean and stylized compared to the older ones. I mean, I kinda expect a wild hyena to be a bit dirty and what not.
i'm hoping that they add more skin tones for them, and all other pets too, so that there are just generally more options for some of the families of pets. like wolves have what, 7 different versions and like 5+ colors each while something like crabs only has 2 models and 4 colors each. also i wish they'd add some of the newer models of pets (like the Draenor wolf model for example) to older zones, leveling a new hunter atm sucks imo because if i want a good modeled pet i have to keep the mana saber from starting out as a NB or i wait till a higher level to tame the good looking ones