Do you guys find Warlocks fun?

General Discussion
<span class="truncated">...</span>tedious.
Because every time you..hang on...(casts Demonic Empowerment) want to cast a timely spell...wait a sec...(casts Demonic Empowerment)...you have to recast Demonic Empowerment to make....doh!...(casts Demonic Empowerment) it effective.

i wish they'd go back a step for Demo. i mean, cool, keep Meta out of their repertoire, but at least change it back to a less stupid "rotation" lol
What's wrong with getting meta back? I mean mages, shaman, and warlocks all cast fireballs so why can't demonology warlocks go meta like demon hunters? Playing demo in MoP was the most fun I've ever had with any spec and that was when destruction was also amazing.
What's wrong with getting meta back? I mean mages, shaman, and warlocks all cast fireballs so why can't demonology warlocks go meta like demon hunters? Playing meta in MoP was the most fun I've ever had with any spec and that was when destruction was also amazing.

Well, the reason why Meta was so fun is it took an interesting design mechanic.

You built up a resource to transform your weaker spells into stronger ones, instead of just building up resources to launch a singular powerful spell.

Shadow Priest currently is a shadow of Demo's former glory in that only one spell transforms.

They could easily accomplish this again with Demo without even giving Meta form back by making spells whose sole purpose is to transform into bigger ones.

Or, they could introduce tiers of demons that gets upgraded based on how many stacks of x spells casted. Like, you could start off with all imps. The imps get upgraded to hounds. Hounds get upgraded to Felguards, etc.

The reason why Meta was popular is you could feel yourself getting more powerful as you cast its rotation.
I recently switched to aff and I love it. A dk tried to attack me when I was doing a WQ.. I just kept dotting him and running around; the dots kept me healed and eventually killed him! I usually roll destro, which I never did well against dk’s in that spec.
Destruction is stronger in the end than people give it credit for, and that's probably because affliction has been strong and no one's been playing anything else. If you don't believe me, look up Kronklez-Mal'Ganis whose gear is only slightly better than mine. I'm pretty sure his guild is an offshoot of Easy.
I've mained my warlock for so long that I'm more than likely biased towards this class. I think its safe for me to say, most warlocks who played before WoD consider both Wrath and MoP to be the two best expansions for us when it came to class design. I personally liked MoP the most.

I'd have to say that while I don't like having abilities removed and added to the talent tree, or removed completely, I do enjoy playing Affliction. It could quite possibly be because I've devoted so much effort into this class over the years that I'm very emotionally attached to it.

What constitutes fun is always going to lead to a subjective response. If you're not finding the spec fun now, then try again the next expansion. I personally think the most important thing about MMORPGs is playing the character you enjoy the most.
Sometimes we just click with one class more than another. I personally had a hard time getting into warlocks until MoP. My Lock had leveled through Cata mostly by picking herbs and archaeology and was my lowest geared character by far. But she just blasted her way through and I really started enjoying the class.

I now have two maxed warlocks, one on my horde realm and one on my ally realm. I've had no problems at all in Legion. For some of us the race and such doesn't matter much, for me it does. Has to be the right combination. Mine are gnome and orc, both females.

But for Legion my unexpected favorite is my frost mage, another class that I've always had but never been thrilled with. Some days I have a lot of problems and die a lot, but other days I just breeze through. Still trying to figure out what is different day to day... the point is though, I just enjoy playing her.
I did one as Horde, boosted it, don't like it... I knew I wouldn't like it cause it was hard for me to get into it but for some reason I boosted it.. lol
I began playing in Vanilla and my second character was a warlock. All these years later, and he's stuck at...64, I think? Maybe 65. I've tried over the years, but I just can't get into the class.
My main is an undead lock. I played him when he was a free HK in the earliest days. I'll play him till I put this game down for good.
I used to find Lock fun before Legion. Demo was my main spec before Legion. Now Lock is just my main because it's my most beneficial for my guild. Blizz did a great job of dismantling us.
My advice is to keep at it. This girl has been with me since BC and despite the tweaks they've made, the lock is still my main and always will be. I have tried out affliction (not a fan of demon) and although the damage is great, destro gives me the greatest satisfaction. Lower level locks can be a little boring, but you will find it gets better!
I just boosted this lock a few days ago and I'm having so much fun with it. Couldn't get into Affliction or Demonology, but Destruction spec has been great. I think I'm going to make this my main in BfA.
02/19/2018 03:09 PMPosted by Ebonymoon
I used to find Lock fun before Legion. Demo was my main spec before Legion. Now Lock is just my main because it's my most beneficial for my guild. Blizz did a great job of dismantling us.

BUT OUR DAMAGE IS SO HIGH WE CAN SOLO RAID BOSSES!
Warlock is a very hard class to get into...

For some odd reason a lot of Warlocks love the Affliction spec... personally I don’t see the appeal of the spec... it’s awkward to play and high maintenance...

Demonology has been going on a journey of self discovery for several expansions now... some of the iterations had great ideas that should have been kept... but all of them had a lot of terrible ideas that stuck around longer than they should have... the current version is by far the worst... it is the only version that actually made me change spec...

Destruction is pretty straight forward... it’s damage isn’t quite as good as either of the other specs, but it is flexible.

If you can manage to get through the slot to level a Warlock then you might be able to find something to like about the class... but be warned... anything and everything could change at any moment... Warlock is the one class that Blizzard just can’t help but completely redesigning every expansion.
I have 3 range characters. Hunter / Warlock / Mage.

Now my Hunter has always been my favourite(Marksman) but my Warlock is certainly a close 2nd. Mage for me is way, way behind. I can't stand playing Mage. Mage is boring.
once upon a time they were , by far and away, my favorite class in the game. That time is not Legion. But I still play one from time to time.

I'm hoping that BfA brings some of the fun back to the class for me as I really dig the whole theme and "idea" of the warlock class in this game.
02/19/2018 03:16 PMPosted by Omgimblind
02/19/2018 03:09 PMPosted by Ebonymoon

Go solo Guldan you DH filth
I've enjoyed Destro a lot, Afflic I found ok but outside of questing/PVP I don't use it much, and Demo just felt clunky to me so I rarely use it.
02/19/2018 01:02 PMPosted by Cailliase
I mean I can melt some face at low lvls but it's just mehhh....missing something imo.

It is missing lots of somethings.

Affliction is boring af and the only reason I ever played lock.
02/19/2018 03:20 PMPosted by Ebonymoon
02/19/2018 03:16 PMPosted by Omgimblind

Go solo Guldan you DH filth

Oh, right I'm not on my warlock. I assure you my warlock is also a soloing machine
https://i.imgur.com/3aFRkxn.jpg