Honor Explanation?

Battlegrounds
Someone please explaim how honor is figured? Recently ive noticed my stats are better all the way across the board, and people still get more honor even though in every category i beat them in. Why is that? Why is it the person who does the least receives the most?
First win of the day gives you more Honor.
Certain BGs, like AB, give you more Honor if you defend a base.
03/01/2018 08:33 AMPosted by Jugajr

Are you sure about the very last bit? I'm pretty sure objective honor is raid -wide and the variances in honor points are honorable kills divided among number of allies present for the elimination.
Yes, after a few seconds defending a node, you'll get a visible buff: defender.
03/01/2018 11:03 AMPosted by Aggnicia
03/01/2018 08:33 AMPosted by Jugajr

Are you sure about the very last bit? I'm pretty sure objective honor is raid -wide and the variances in honor points are honorable kills divided among number of allies present for the elimination.

No, I'm not. But there was a time you got more honor defending, say, bs because you got hks and defending a node DID give you more honor
You do get more Honor if you defend a node. You still need to get HK's but if you get HK's while defending a flag you get 50% more honor. So fight on flags.
03/01/2018 07:46 AMPosted by Shroud
Someone please explaim how honor is figured? Recently ive noticed my stats are better all the way across the board, and people still get more honor even though in every category i beat them in. Why is that? Why is it the person who does the least receives the most?

I understand what yall are saying. But what your missing is that overall the board my stats are better than others and they still get more honor. I understand it might be there first BG for extra Honor, but it consistently has been happening.
03/02/2018 08:37 AMPosted by Shroud

I understand what yall are saying. But what your missing is that overall the board my stats are better than others and they still get more honor. I understand it might be there first BG for extra Honor, but it consistently has been happening.

It's like giving the homeless man cleaning your windshield twenty bucks and then he drops his soggy newspaper and runs across the road, hops in a brand new Lincoln and drives off.
03/02/2018 08:37 AMPosted by Shroud

I have wondered the same thing, say in AV I Defend or assault a GFY or Tower, kill more die less and others get way more honor then I do. I figure it's Blizz way of what ever.
03/02/2018 10:12 AMPosted by Lifetakerr
others get way more honor then I do.

Means it's their first random win of the day. You get 300 extra Honor for 1st win (assuming you queue random)
When I'm defending a Tower in AV, I get messages that I have earned 15 Honor... are those points added into my total for that BG (so the point total at the end are completely all I have earned) or are those earned aside from the final BG honor total?
I’m AV you need to be near where kills happen. Otherwise you only get those +15 points when resources tick.
That only contributes to big mid farm fest with no objetives in mind.
People with higher honour where farming kills in the right place at the right time. Even if them didn’t hit the enemy player (healers get honor kills too, ofc)
If you do World Quests where you 1 shot NPC's in a PvE experience you'll get more honor than those pleb PvP'ers who q for PvP and do PvP stuff.