Imp Mother as Assassination

Rogue
Is there any way to do this challenge as Assassination?
nope

the last time i checked, outlaws had the lowest completion percentage of all mage towers

you either need to be really good, have high ilevel or the right legendaries. im not sure what those are either
No wonder I couldn't get far on her. I got both other challenge skins and tried outlaw, it really does feel like a dps check/ legendary check. Plus outlaw loves haste and I have almost zero because I've neglected the spec for the entire expansion.
Do you have the Prydaz or Valeera legendaries? Which legendaries do you have? What is your ilvl for Outlaw?
02/20/2018 04:00 PMPosted by Sillidan
nope

the last time i checked, outlaws had the lowest completion percentage of all mage towers

you either need to be really good, have high ilevel or the right legendaries. im not sure what those are either
If you're still struggling to do a mage tower challenge above 940 with 1 legendary then you're not good enough; it's really that simple. With 2 legendaries that 940 means your gear is actually worse and with any 2 legendaries you should be able to do it 100% at 940 after a few tries. It's literally just playing your class and using its abilities to the fullest. If you just MfD her, never use Gouge, and burn BTE on anything that isn't the channelers (when you know they're coming up and you should have a feeling of that even without DBM) then you're not playing the class right.

02/20/2018 08:47 PMPosted by Archvil
No wonder I couldn't get far on her. I got both other challenge skins and tried outlaw, it really does feel like a dps check/ legendary check. Plus outlaw loves haste and I have almost zero because I've neglected the spec for the entire expansion.
Cap out for your gear level (915s+ for lfr, 930s+ for Normal, if you do M+ then push at least a 10 each week) and you'll out gear it. Then you just keep MfD for the channeling Imps and keep Blade Flury up almost 100% of the time and it's an easy kill. Look up some videos on youtube for some more help; people were doing it at 910~ so once you gear up it'll be a ton easier.
02/20/2018 10:31 PMPosted by Sylithros
02/20/2018 04:00 PMPosted by Sillidan
nope

If you're still struggling to do a mage tower challenge above 940 with 1 legendary then you're not good enough; it's really that simple. With 2 legendaries that 940 means your gear is actually worse and with any 2 legendaries you should be able to do it 100% at 940 after a few tries. It's literally just playing your class and using its abilities to the fullest. If you just MfD her, never use Gouge, and burn BTE on anything that isn't the channelers (when you know they're coming up and you should have a feeling of that even without DBM) then you're not playing the class right.

02/20/2018 08:47 PMPosted by Archvil
Cap out for your gear level (915s+ for lfr, 930s+ for Normal, if you do M+ then push at least a 10 each week) and you'll out gear it. Then you just keep MfD for the channeling Imps and keep Blade Flury up almost 100% of the time and it's an easy kill. Look up some videos on youtube for some more help; people were doing it at 910~ so once you gear up it'll be a ton easier.

940 is a high ilevel for something that came out a while ago, yes

i was just stating a fact. never tried the outlaw challenge myself, i dont play the spec and the skin doesnt stand out enough for me
I did it using the talent build I have right now. (I apparently logged in mut) With Sephuz and Symbiote, so my main advice would be to switch to SnD and just learn the mechanics. It took me 20+ tries when I was learning feral, but after that I one shot it on my alt feral and this toon.
Just remember it's tuned for 920. People we're finishing it ~900 and a few sub 900 ilvl

It's rough but just comes down to knowing which adds do what and prioritizing them. Once you learn which adds to kill when then you will find it easier.

I personally had a rough time until I used the legendary belt. Helped me stay alive and pretty much 1 shot every add even at like 920ish ilvl lol.
I always died with the 1st wave of imps. The rng gods took pity on me last time and I easily one-shotted it. I think RTB leech and cd reduction rolls are important. I used the neck and a dps leggo. Watch a vid to get a feel for which imps have to go down first and you can take your time. It's not as hectic as it seems at first.

This was the one I wanted the most so ofc it took the longest to get, but looking back, I'd say Sub was a harder challenge.
I spent the whole expansion hating Will of Valeera, then left for a while and came back for void elves.

I just did all three mage tower skins and WoV has been redeemed in my eyes.
You can also use Lightblood Elixir, it does a decent amount of damage.
02/21/2018 04:46 PMPosted by Dovathuil
I spent the whole expansion hating Will of Valeera, then left for a while and came back for void elves.

I just did all three mage tower skins and WoV has been redeemed in my eyes.

Needing to use WoV for all 3 challenges.......
02/21/2018 09:22 PMPosted by Voidbutt
Needing to use WoV for all 3 challenges.......

I dunno, he lost me with

02/21/2018 04:46 PMPosted by Dovathuil
came back for void elves
What challenge are you guys talking about ? the mage tower one ? or is there a new one I missed
I haven’t done this on my rogue yet, but Feral druid is the same tower challenge. They trick is self healing and keeping Imps under control. Don’t focus on her unless there are no imps up. Self healing really helps a lot. The Cinidaria, the Symbiote legendary belt helped a ton to make short work of the imps as Feral, but Will of Valeera might be better for Sin. It’s very easy to lose focus on the imps in this fight, but they are the key to success. The tough part for Outlaw is the lack of DOTs to keep rolling on the boss.
Just did it. Survival legendaries are godly. If you have them, use them.

They let me one shot this thing, though I did have about a dozen goes in the same challenge on my fury War before this(dps legendaries on the war made it much harder even though the dps was way higher).

Past that, use lighblood elixer(about 13% of my dps was from this alone), sylvan elixer, potion of prolonged power, flask of the seventh demon, drums, and spiced falcosaur omelet. All of those consumables work here and really boost your performance in this challenge.

Kill imps as they spawn, pound imp momma when they’re down, make sure you interupt her cast after breaking the bubble, don’t get hit by rocks, and enjoy the new artifact skin.
Seeing all these tips to use stuff I didnt know existed. I got it at this ilvl and my army lego and ravenholdt ring lego. I did use dfa during the fight, tho.

Kinda boosts my pride a little. I even got Sin's skin in the same day!
If you haven't, try doing it with Slice and Dice instead of RtB. I did it on my Rogue at i930 with no set, the !@#$ty Run Through boots, and Mantle. But Mantle doesn't seem great for this anyway (and I didn't know Vanish didn't reset the fight, sooo I didn't even benefit from it anyway), and I won so easily I didn't even have to use Adrenaline Rush or Dreadblades. I meant to, I kept saving them expecting to hit a crazy moment where I'd really need the burst, but it never came and I wound up just blowing them at random to burn through the last 10%.

Just gotta blow up priority targets. At that ilvl you should be 2-shotting pretty much any imp that spawns.
I did this having never played outlaw passed level 40 and just a couple offspec relics tossed in ~920 ilvl in outlaw optized gear for Assass. Took 8 tries using legendary rings.

The fight is not about dps but about killing imps with priority. Its just run back and forth, killing adds first always. I thought it was far easier than the assassination tower was.
It really does come down to prioritizing adds and DPS on Agatha. WoV definitely helps though.