Story Forum
In Zuldazar, Volduun and Nazmir you fight or work beside:

Trolls
Tortollan
Mogu
Naga
Vulpera
Sethrakk

All very different themes and motivations.

In a Kul Tiras you have:

Humans
Human witches
Human pirates
Human ancient barbarians

There will be Naga most likely in Stormsong Valley but I don’t think I’ve seen any Naga in the 2 zones. There are sirens but I don’t think we’ve seen a Naga connection yet with them.
Because Horde Bias...

Or we have no clue idk. Let the "alliance is just human plus friends" memes commense.

And again idk blizz mightve put more thought into Zandalar
Because humans killed all the other species that lived on their continent to take their land.
Because it's a human kingdom, that's not currently affiliated with the Alliance; which is what you're trying to change?
They are giving the players what they want. Most Alliance play Humans. Most Alliance content posts demand more Humans. When is the last time you saw a post demanding more Alliance Pandas? "Where's my tushy?"
oh, i don't know probably because it's a human kingdom?
I have heard that Stormsong has Quilboars supposedly.
03/13/2018 10:25 PMPosted by Cassima
Because it's a human kingdom, that's not currently affiliated with the Alliance; which is what you're trying to change?

Same applies to Zandalar but they made it work. 5 of the 6 races I listed for Zandalar are not playable. And Tortollan, Vulpera, and Sethrakk are essentially brand new.

And as a setting, which btw I do genuinely love, I would not consider house Waycrest in Drustvar a “kingdom” by any measure. It’s scarcely populated by small villages. It’s definitely more untamed than the rest of Kul Tiras.

They very, very, easily could’ve fit a Tortollan storyline in. Who btw are amazing.
03/13/2018 10:27 PMPosted by Threeslotbag
They are giving the players what they want. Most Alliance play Humans. Most Alliance content posts demand more Humans. When is the last time you saw a post demanding more Alliance Pandas? "Where's my tushy?"

This. Alliance fans love them some humans.
03/13/2018 10:19 PMPosted by Ninqjinq
In a Kul Tiras you have:

Humans
Human witches
Human pirates
Human ancient barbarians
And Drust, and Naga, and Quillboar, and...
03/13/2018 10:59 PMPosted by Threeslotbag
03/13/2018 10:19 PMPosted by Ninqjinq
In a Kul Tiras you have:

Humans
Human witches
Human pirates
Human ancient barbarians
And Drust, and Naga, and Quillboar, and...

Drust are humans. (Hence ancient barbrians). And there’s only 1.

I don’t recall a Naga questline in Tiragarde Sound? I’m sure they’ll be in Stormsong Valley but don’t think I’ve seen them so far.

While my whole list is essentially subjective, I don’t feel like Quillboar fit as they aren’t really at our intelligence level. They are barely a civilization.
03/13/2018 11:03 PMPosted by Ninqjinq
<span class="truncated">...</span>And Drust, and Naga, and Quillboar, and...

Drust are humans. (Hence ancient barbrians). And there’s only 1.

I don’t recall a Naga questline in Tiragarde Sound? I’m sure they’ll be in Stormsong Valley but don’t think I’ve seen them so far.

Drust dont seem to be human, they are rather huge so if anything they are (or were) an off-shoot of Vrykul

So full list, in Kul Tiras you fight or work beside:

Naga
Quillboar
Troggs
evil old god tentacle monsters
Old god tentacle cultists
giant evil death-druidic wicker monstrosities
ancient drust stone constructs
Kul Tirans
Pirates
Evil witches
Drust
Wildhammer led Gryphon riders
Tortollans
Vulpera
Sirens
Sea Giants

So stop trying to act like there are zero races besides humans in Kul Tiras. Do humans have a center role? Sure, its a human kingdoms. But there are TONS of other races, but friends and enemies. Arguably more than Zandalar

*mic drop*
theres never enough fem dwarf content
It is a problem with the questing on the Alliance side that you are basically sent to this Island with Jania and with in the first 5 minutes shes gone for the rest of the content.

Where on the horde side you have Rohkan there as a staple horde character and have Goblin and undead also start showing up. which helps drive the narrative because on the Alliance side you feel lost as your dealing with random Kultiras humans and it almost feels like your doing Elwynn forest again. Even then that zone had more different enemies and races involved.

They need to revamp the Alliance content to have some known Alliance characters come along. I think Crowley would be a good one instead of the random Joe we break out of prison with. Maybe have Broll Bearmantle with a night elf force come with as well to be a drive for the Night elves looking for new lands to settle, they could also interact with the harvest witches.

Kul tiras also needs something more interesting going on than just the Drust. Maybe have it be an old site of the Black empire. Have it tie into the old god theme that just being generic human Isle.
Because we've seen two primarily human centered zones. Stormsong Valley has naga, and old god spawn, and quilboar, and bees. Tiragarde also has tortollans and vulpera so. Replace trolls with humans, mogu with quilboar, and sethrak with old gods, we basically have equal diverse enemies and allies.
Besides simple lore justifications, I think the major reason is the vibe that each continent is going for. Zandalar is going for high fantasy, with gods, magic, monsters, etc all over the place and heavily integrated into society. Kul Tiras is going more low fantasy, with simple farmers and sailors just trying to get by. Some Dwarves or Gnomes helping out here or there doesn't break that, nor do the common mongrel races such as Quilboar and Troggs. Try to throw in dinosaurs, loa, or an ancient empire of snake people? Now you have something that clashes with the vibe of the zone.
Because that's how Alliance questing almost always is.
03/13/2018 11:39 PMPosted by Urók
Besides simple lore justifications, I think the major reason is the vibe that each continent is going for. Zandalar is going for high fantasy, with gods, magic, monsters, etc all over the place and heavily integrated into society. Kul Tiras is going more low fantasy, with simple farmers and sailors just trying to get by. Some Dwarves or Gnomes helping out here or there doesn't break that, nor do the common mongrel races such as Quilboar and Troggs. Try to throw in dinosaurs, loa, or an ancient empire of snake people? Now you have something that clashes with the vibe of the zone.
But Warcraft is such high fantasy that we bounce back and forth between time travel and space travel regularly. What they're trying to do requires ignoring the majority of the setting. Hell, Kul Tiras was introduced in the same game as Deathwing, Sargeras, and Draenor.

It also seems at odds with the fact that Stormsong is supposed to be the Alliance-side thread to conquering snake Atlantis.
03/14/2018 12:29 AMPosted by Lena
Because that's how Alliance questing almost always is.
You have to go back to Wrath for that to be true.
I'm really looking forward to learning more about this new and different human culture. Humans look interesting for once.