If you don't want alpha/beta...

General Discussion
Then make sure you're not signed up for it. There's plenty of people who want to see the new content early that won't get the chance because, for some reason, people who don't want alpha are getting it.
Man when I was a kid in LA there was a grocery store named Alphabeta.

Flashbacks.
03/17/2018 04:25 PMPosted by Finnoldoran

Flashbacks.
lol.
03/17/2018 04:23 PMPosted by Felryn
Then make sure you're not signed up for it.

How do I make sure I hadn't in the past?
03/17/2018 04:27 PMPosted by Autai

You travel back in time and kill your past self before you check the options in your Blizzard account.
03/17/2018 04:28 PMPosted by Averyx

You travel back in time and kill your past self before you check the options in your Blizzard account.
But then that creates a paradox
03/17/2018 04:28 PMPosted by Averyx

I always knew I was my biggest threat...
Then make sure you're not signed up for it.

You can always disable it. Ik I went back and disabled alpha/beta invited from a few Blizzard games.

Can do so by going into your settings and clicking "Beta Profile Settings" a bit under "Add a Game Key."
03/17/2018 04:30 PMPosted by Felryn

You can always disable it. Ik I went back and disabled alpha/beta invited from a few Blizzard games.

Can do so by going into your settings and clicking "Beta Profile Settings" a bit under "Add a Game Key."

Awesome, confirmed I never signed up to begin with. Thanks bruh.
03/17/2018 04:25 PMPosted by Finnoldoran

Flashbacks.

Oh yes! I remember shopping at Alpha Beta. Oh the memories that brings back! lol

I don't really enjoy playing on development servers. I prefer to play the game once the bugs have been worked out (or at least mostly worked out.) I'm just not one to go looking for bugs and problems. I prefer to actually just play and have it work. lol

So if/when I do receive invitations I do not accept them.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

If you kill your past self in a different universe and then stay there, that eliminates the paradox. Your loved ones in this universe will wonder what happened to you though.
Oh, how I wish I had Alpha access. I'd be providing Blizzard so much feedback right now.
03/17/2018 04:29 PMPosted by Chiju

Only if you don't believe hard enough.

03/17/2018 04:30 PMPosted by Autai
I always knew I was my biggest threat...

Trust Nobody, Not Even Yourself.
Then make sure you're not signed up for it. There's plenty of people who want to see the new content early that won't get the chance because, for some reason, people who don't want alpha are getting it.

The content isn't there as an early preview. It's a test environment to make sure everything is working (or at least mostly working) by the time it goes live.
There's plenty of people who want to see the new content early

you do know that's not the point of alpha/beta, right?
I'm wondering who these people are who are getting access but don't want it because I haven't seen anyone complain.

Then again, outside of the forums I haven't seen anyone say they have alpha access.
03/17/2018 04:46 PMPosted by Annastasi

SSSSSHHHH, don't tell him that :)
03/17/2018 04:46 PMPosted by Annastasi

You do know those people are the ones willing to test

R I G H T ?

edit:
Everyone knows alpha/beta isn't an early preview, but if no one wanted to see a glimpse of the content early, who would be there to test? It's such a dumb statement, honestly.
My interest would be specifically providing feedback. Particularly after hearing how some things aren't looking too good, and are starting to sound like a sad retread of Cataclysm. Rather than lament those things from secondhand knowledge, I'd prefer to be in the Alpha, scoping things out myself, and providing Blizzard specific feedback on how different things could be fixed or improved.

Well, you have to be signed up for the beta to then get in the alpha. There isn't a "sign up for as early as the alpha, or only the beta", button.

I would prefer more of a finished phase, but if I got in now I'd also test it (of course.)

Actually, the OP is correct and the other poster is not:

That is EXACTLY the point of the alpha/beta, on this professional scale (the one that Blizzard runs it at.) Very, very, very little bug finding/testing is out of house; All of that is in house.

The only real reason for beta phase 3, 4 and the open beta of Vanilla (which I was in), was stress testing the servers. Sure, some stuff is found but it was mainly stress testing servers and login servers (probably the later one, a lot.) This was because though they had testers in house, they did not have thousands of them they could just unleash. Wow has moved far beyond that point now, of needing to stress test the servers (Blizzard knows what they are doing, more than anyone.)

This is also why streamers are getting in now; They probably don't think of streamers as great game testers, who will find problems. They are there to get the word out.

Raiding testing is basically the last thing the general public is testing, in these betas anymore. This is because no matter how much testing Blizzard does, general people raiding will still find exploits/problems with raids. That is why guilds are wooed to betas like this.

Often the in house testers are even on a different phase, than the one the public is on at this point. Then that one is the one pushed to the public next.