Could they release brown orcs early?

General Discussion
I'm dying to play as one lol. It's obvious from the data mining that Blizzard is working on them so they're definitely at least gonna be here by pre patch at best or the actual launch at worst and honestly, I don't see any reason not to release them soon with Dark Iron Dwarfs.
Both of the races are just reskinns and seemly have nothing to do with the BFA plot and Blizz only stands to keep subs during the drought period if they release them early.
Could they ? Yes. Wiil they? No.
I imagine they'll be released part-way through BFA alongside some Alliance equivalent (Kul Tiras humans, maybe?). They aren't advertised on the BFA site with Zandalari/Dark Iron so I don't see them being released at the start of the expansion.
I wonder why they would add so much data for them in the alpha builds if they weren't planning on adding them at least by launch. They already have their jokes, flirts, mount, heritage armor, female customization, and even some npc lines and the beta hasn't even come out yet. All they gotta do now is add their racial's and male customization.
i hope you read these post Blizzard and consider releaseing them early for the pre purchase buyers cause there's literally no reason not to and it would be a smart business decision.
03/05/2018 08:02 PMPosted by Ertdor
there's literally no reason not to and it would be a smart business decision.

You have no knowledge of Blizzard's business methods. You have no idea what "reasons" there are.

You are correct that there is "literally" no reason that YOU have thought of. That doesn't mean much, unless you work for Blizzard or a rival MMO company.

But (speaking stricly as a player) I like the idea.
I hope so, that is what I really want to play.

Cannot wait for my Garrosh look alike =P
I imagine they will not be released until after Dark Iron and Zandalari are, and certainly not before their alliance counterpart is ready. Considering we don't even have confirmation as to what the alliance counterpart is, I wouldn't expect to see them for... several months.
They seem pretty ready to go. Meanwhile Alliance doesn't even have an official allied race to counter it lol.
I think the concept of allied races is a !@#$ty one.

I was hoping for more customizations for existing races, not to have to pay for a race change or level a toon from scratch.

This whole patch is about the "new player experience".

First experience starts at character selection and WoW's feels severely dated. It's felt dated for over 10 years now.
03/05/2018 09:06 PMPosted by Alaeis
They seem pretty ready to go. Meanwhile Alliance doesn't even have an official allied race to counter it lol.

My money is on Dark Irons being the counter to mag'har. I bet KT humans with the large and thin body types are gonna release with the zandalari. It only makes sense that the races from the new continents release with the new rep grinds and quests.

I bet what they did was threw the Dark Irons in early for Blizzcon because if they'd shown Highmountain, Zandalari and Nightborne on horde then followed that immediately with Void Elves, Lightforged, big humans and skinny humans, there would have been immediate "why does horde get 3 new races and alliance gets 4!?" outrage and QQ.

It makes no sense for Dark Irons to release well into an xpac that they're not really a big part of and probably have no zone quests and rep grind. They're an old race just like the Mag'har and make more sense as the orcs counter parts. I'm calling KT humans and Zandalari being paired, not Zandalari and Dark Iron as Blizz stated. Remember they also stated Zandalari definitely did not get dino druid forms aside from travel. Probably for the same reason, to avoid negative press at Blizzcon killing BfA hype and to prevent streamers and whatnot from immediately screaming "unfair, faction favoritism" which would have hurt preorders.
03/05/2018 07:46 PMPosted by Ertdor
I'm dying to play as one lol. It's obvious from the data mining that Blizzard is working on them so they're definitely at ***** gonna be here by pre patch at **** or the actual launch at ***** and ********, I don't see any reason not to release them soon with Dark Iron Dwarfs.
Both of the races are **** reskinns and seemly have nothing to do with the BFA plot and Blizz only ****** to keep subs during the drought period if they release them early.

I'd like to buy a vowel.
The Q & A video Ion stated that the 4 we have now as allied races are the only 4 we will have prior to the official BfA release.

So,no we will not see any other allied races until the new expansion comes along and no idea the process with which we'll need to unlock those races when it does.
03/05/2018 09:16 PMPosted by Andrea
I'm dying to play as one lol. It's obvious from the data mining that Blizzard is working on them so they're definitely at ***** gonna be here by pre patch at **** or the actual launch at ***** and ********, I don't see any reason not to release them soon with Dark Iron Dwarfs.
Both of the races are **** reskinns and seemly have nothing to do with the BFA plot and Blizz only ****** to keep subs during the drought period if they release them early.

I'd like to buy a vowel.

lmao! Very funny comment.
03/05/2018 09:16 PMPosted by Andrea

I'd like to buy a vowel.

Oops my profanity filter lol. I'll use my I pad for now on lol
I'm about 99.9% sure the fat humans will be an allied race and it would make more sense for them to be released with the upright Trolls. The Orcs and and dwarves on the other hand should be released early for the reasons I stated above.
I might even become one though I am attached to my greenery
03/05/2018 09:06 PMPosted by Alaeis

And how can you know this? We only know whats been leaked through the alpha and datamining.