Blackwing Lair is bugged...

Bug Report
Happened to me too. I tried to just use brute force and died instantly. I respawned inside the instance but was locked out of the gate after I came back to life. I ran out and then was unable to use the orb to get back in because the encounter was in progress.

Came back about an hour later and was able to get in and kill the boss and loot.
06/11/2018 12:52 PMPosted by Rigel
Happened to me too. I tried to just use brute force and died instantly. I respawned inside the instance but was locked out of the gate after I came back to life. I ran out and then was unable to use the orb to get back in because the encounter was in progress.

Came back about an hour later and was able to get in and kill the boss and loot.

"It" happened because you did the encounter wrong. If you just run in and kill Razorgore then YOU die too. They may have simplified it in the extreme but you still do have to follow the base mechanic of the fight: take control of Razorgore and use him to destroy all the eggs... THEN kill him.
*Facepalm*
Ok, I'm going to try to explain as simple as I can.

To those of you saying they did the encounter wrong, yup, they sure did. They know this. That is not the main problem.

The main problem is that it can take up to a hour for everything to reset so you can go back in. I have done this myself. I got curious as to what would happen if you just nuked the first boss without doing the mechanics and got locked out for a hour.

It just seems that at this point the boss encounter would reset much quicker since the boss is dead, and the solo player is dead. That's all.

*Cue the trolls saying I did the mechanics wrong and I reap what I sow*
If you do the mechanics wrong you shouldn't be punished for upwards of an hour. That may not be a bug, but it is supremely poor game design on Blizzard's part.
05/29/2018 06:40 PMPosted by Kungfumoomoo
How does anyone not know how to do this encounter now? They even changed it so Razorgore destroys the eggs faster, you don't even need to put him into the wall in the beginning to draw the adds off him.... just start in on the eggs and ignore the adds. Takes maybe a minute and he's still at high health for you to then kill.
06/23/2018 04:16 PMPosted by Faloestril
If you do the mechanics wrong you shouldn't be punished for upwards of an hour. That may not be a bug, but it is supremely poor game design on Blizzard's part.
In prioritizing developer resources, a reported bug caused entirely and preventably by human error will usually get a lower priority than unavoidable bugs.

This bug is completely avoidable
lol I can't believe this is still a bug.

And yes it is a Bug.

Just got locked out by killing the dude.

Googled it and found the Bug.

I bet this was left in intentionally to troll players getting the Ret Paladin skin who have never been in BWL before or so long ago they forgot the mechanics.
My BG queue popped as i was possessing razorgore, when the BG was over i got zoned outside, next to the orb that zones you in, and it states the encounter is still in progress, so still bugged, and reset all instances did not do anything
07/03/2018 08:53 AMPosted by Dalthel
06/23/2018 04:16 PMPosted by Faloestril
In prioritizing developer resources, a reported bug caused entirely and preventably by human error will usually get a lower priority than unavoidable bugs.

This bug is completely avoidable

True. All bugs in the game are completely avoidable if you remove the human error of logging into a game with bugs. Solid logic.
I think they lowered the cast time on the egg popping spell. The fight is SO much easier to solo now. It's either that, or it's rolling the haste % from my character. Either way, it's quick.
This encounter has been broken for me for over ten years. Every other toon I have can do it, but my Warlock isn't allowed to click the orb to control the dragon. No matter how many times I have tried I am not allowed to get past the first boss because the game will not allow me to click the orb! I know the fight, I know what I'm supposed to do. Blizzard has never fixed this for me. You basically have to have someone who it's not bugged for, to do it for you. Or waste thousands of gold in repairs like I have hoping Blizzard has fixed it. They have never even answered my ticket, they just delete it and I gave up trying to ask Blizzard over 5 years ago.
So many people in this thread that lack any semblance of reading comprehension it's pathetic. There is a BUG where the encounter doesn't reset properly.

Yes you are supposed to die if you kill Razorgore right after you enter. That's not what OP is talking about.

After you die, the encounter should reset so you can try again. It doesn't. That is the BUG. You get locked out of a BUGGED encounter forever in progress so you can't re-enter the instance. It doesn't matter if you did it WRONG and killed Razorgore first, you ARE supposed to die, you ARE NOT supposed to be locked out for the week.

It's so, so easy to understand, if you don't get it don't waste everyone's time with your idiocy.
10/18/2018 03:27 AMPosted by Moriguu
Every other toon I have can do it, but my Warlock isn't allowed to click the orb to control the dragon.
You need to dismiss your pet.

10/22/2018 04:21 PMPosted by Conyers
It doesn't matter if you did it WRONG and killed Razorgore first, you ARE supposed to die, you ARE NOT supposed to be locked out for the week.
You do not get locked out for the week. The instance will eventually reset, and allow you to do it.