Alliance High Elves as a Playable Race

General Discussion
Prev 1 22 23 24 26 Next
04/16/2018 08:33 AMPosted by Alamara
New lore? What lore? Void elves have zero lore.

Because you're not giving them a chance to develop. You're stuck in the WC2 setting.

But you know what?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxY89F5oU-I
04/16/2018 08:26 AMPosted by Input
04/16/2018 08:20 AMPosted by Niroshi
Doesn't the existence of this thread say that it does matter?

No, because if the major RP servers wanted it and could get behind it from a lore stand point they would be and they are not. Legit all these Helf posts could just be a massive trolling attempt from a group of friends.

I don't really understand why you're twisting things so much into conspiracy. The simplest answer here is that people just want High Elves on the Alliance, any attempt to take it further than that is more effort than is needed to arrive at a logical conclusion.

Beyond that you're talking about a request the Alliance has had since Vanilla WoW. There has always been a push for this race, and there always will be. It isn't some sudden thing, and it certainly isn't a small group of people.

It also isn't an RP exclusive request, if you're a lore nerd you should already understand why the Alliance is asking for High Elves and what specifically they're asking for.
You know, I look at the Sethrak thread chain, and I just see how well everyone in there gets along with noone in there declaring that they shouldn't be allowed to request or discuss them, or that they should settle for supporting another race instead or any of that nonsense, and noone gets called a cultist for supporting Sethrak, and it's just so...nice.

Like, the brief intervals we get where we're actually able to discuss ideas here are awesome, but so much of the thread gets bogged down with trying to justify our position for the millionth time, and I'm just so damn tired of it.

The community within this thread has an idea that they'd like added to the game. We've explained and justified it a million times. We're obviously not going to change our position. That's fine. You disagree. You're obviously not going to change your position.That's fine too.

But going around in circles and rehashing the same arguments over and over again is just the definition of insanity.
04/16/2018 08:36 AMPosted by Niroshi
I don't really understand why you're twisting things so much into conspiracy. The simplest answer here is that people just want High Elves on the Alliance, any attempt to take it further than that is more effort than is needed to arrive at a logical conclusion.

But High Elves are a Horde addition now. The pale-skinned, blonde beauty contestors decided to ally themselves with sweaty orcs and trolls. I think High Elves have a troll fetish.
04/16/2018 08:31 AMPosted by Xenophontes
jokes on you. I have no friends. Also if we cant have helfs then you guys cant have upright orcs or uncorrupted orcs or other highly requested things horde have asked for a very long time. Oh? you dont like that trade? Well that's what you are literally telling all of us right now.

I dont want to play horde. I dont want green eyed (or golden eyed) elves. I and probably all the other pro Helf people just want our high elves. You horde get what you want but we dont? the bias is showing.

Honestly I don't care about the new allied races until after BFA launches. Cause I am not someone who preorders without proof the expansion is good. Hey sorry you dont like the majority of Helfs accepted the name change to Belfs and went to the Horde when the Alliance refused to help them. I personally care more about the races personal lore not what faction they are on. Also would you accept green eyed Helfs on Alliance with darker skin? As they couldnt leave Silvermoon right away to not get some passive effect changes? Or are you only caring about pale skin and hair with blue eyes?
04/16/2018 08:36 AMPosted by PlayerSYTCMM
Because you're not giving them a chance to develop.

Blizzard utterly failed to give the race any attention. We won't accept it blindly just because maybe some day between six months to a few years from now they perhaps get some development.

That tends to happen when BFA isnt even out yet and people play a Allied race that is basically equal to beta testing. After BFA release come back and maybe then your point is valid.
04/16/2018 08:38 AMPosted by Nindraine
You know, I look at the Sethrak thread chain, and I just see how well everyone in there gets along with noone in there declaring that they shouldn't be allowed to request or discuss them, or that they should settle for supporting another race instead or any of that nonsense, and noone gets called a cultist for supporting Sethrak, and it's just so...nice.

Maybe because Sethrak is new fresh stuff, and not yet another belf copy model that takes up a race spot?
Blizzard utterly failed to give the race any attention. It's not us that need accept it blindly just because maybe some day between six months to a few years from now they perhaps get some development.

BfA hasn't even started yet, it's not even finished, and you're already acting like you know what's to come.
04/16/2018 08:40 AMPosted by Input

That tends to happen when BFA isnt even out yet and people play a Allied race that is basically equal to beta testing. After BFA release come back and maybe then your point is valid.

Blizzard outright said that the four currently-available allied races won't get much attention in BfA, since they were explored in Legion already.

And BfA alpha is out. All six zones are available. There's zero void elf lore in any of them.
One gets to be a flightmaster! Such WoW, much development.

Because its cultural appropriation. The majority of the Helf culture stayed with the Belfs. As it was just a name change. You are basically trying to take a small section of that culture saying they have more right to it then then the majority. While insulting them at the same time. If anything Belfs should get Helf everything. If one state left the union it would not give them to right to say they are the only real Americans.
04/16/2018 08:43 AMPosted by Alamara
And BfA alpha is out. All six zones are available. There's zero void elf lore in any of them.

Maybe because they dont want to spoil things. Like how they put fake text to be datamined.
seriously just listening to these anti Helf arguments is just sad. They are all so bad and can be debunked easily.

1. Helfs are few in number.

Oh but the void elves aren't? https://imgur.com/6ayMvdT that chart basically debunks that argument right there. The Velfs are suppose to be a small and i mean very small group of Belfs who wanted to practice void.

2. They are too similar to Belfs and only have eye color as a difference.

Pandaren say hi btw :) .

3. They have no home anymore. no established zone.

you mean like the void elves in their little rift with no society or anything? that rift world is about as much of a home world as Dalaran is to Helfs.

4. Velfs bring something new

Except they dont? opening portals? woohoo? I'm a mage I can do that too.

5. their lore is more relevant

Except it isn't? like many others and I have said they literally came out of nowhere and nobody asked for them. they were literally written last second as a balance for when horde got Nightborne. Helfs have had so much more lore than some of the main established Alliance races let alone the lore-less Velfs.

in fact and i have brought this point up multiple times in my other posts. If you read Umbrics' journals while you are looking for him he had full intentions to return and defend Silvermoon once they unlocked the powers of the void. They might have been upset for being exiled but they never planned to betray the horde or Silvermoon (apparently going full 180 on that when Alleria shows up).

You guys have weak arguments and it just seems like you guys would just be spiteful if Alliance gets to have something they have wanted for a very very very long time. Let us have our things and you guys can keep your upright or uncorrupted orcs for all I care.
04/16/2018 08:12 AMPosted by Tabasa
04/16/2018 07:59 AMPosted by Lilbabyaidy
Here to show my support for high elves!

If high elves were to become playable, I think it would be cool to have Alleria, not Vereesa, be the leader of both the high elves AND void elves.

Would be interesting from a story perspective to have Alleria attempt to unify all of the non-horde Thalassian elves. Part of their intro scenario could involve her attempting to convince the arcane using high elves of Dalaran, the non-magic using ranger high elves from all of the different lodges across the EK, and the void elves to put their differences aside and work towards establishing their own nation.

As much as I like Alleria and that idea, I'm skeptical that she's going to wind up in a prominent leadership role for any group, if only because I think it's been a clearly established part of her character that she doesn't want it and will hand off those opportunities to others if they're available. She ducked the Ranger General responsibility that should have gone to her and left it to Sylvanas, she appears to be more than happy to let Umbric remain the "leader" of the Void Elves, and I'm pretty sure even if the offer came forward for her to lead the disparate High Elves, she'd probably push Vereesa forward as the alternative. She's much more comfortable going solo.

Not to mention I'm also not particularly confident she's surviving for too much longer, given hints dropped about how she lines up with a certain eyeball tree's prophecies...

I couldn't agree more. I believe they need a Monarch. The only person who has the power to name who the Monarch is would be Anduin and by naming Alleria, he assures that the kingdom of high Elves further integrate with the humans and remains loyal via Taralyan. Varessa leading the Silver covenant can be a great general.
04/16/2018 08:41 AMPosted by PlayerSYTCMM

Maybe because Sethrak is new fresh stuff, and not yet another belf copy model that takes up a race spot?

I think Sethrak are a stupid idea for a playable race, but I’m not about to spam that thread and tell others who want to play them that they can’t and shouldn’t want to.
04/16/2018 08:38 AMPosted by Input
Also would you accept green eyed Helfs on Alliance with darker skin? As they couldnt leave Silvermoon right away to not get some passive effect changes? Or are you only caring about pale skin and hair with blue eyes?

No. I dont want anything to do with blood elves whats so ever. I want High elves. Full stop. Period. The end.

Its not a matter of we dont want purple skinned blood elves. We DONT WANT BLOOD ELVES. We asked for high elves. We have been asking for high elves since forever. You guys get what you want but we get shafted as always.
04/16/2018 08:45 AMPosted by Input
Because its cultural appropriation.
LMAO okay nice troll.

People just want to play a fantasy race that exists on their faction. The fact this rustles so many jimmies is what's truly hilarious.
The community within this thread has an idea that they'd like added to the game. We've explained and justified it a million times. We're obviously not going to change our position. That's fine. You disagree. You're obviously not going to change your position.That's fine too.

But going around in circles and rehashing the same arguments over and over again is just the definition of insanity.
Yeah we really need to stop, Input and PLAYER whatever are just using circular arguments again. They're well known trolls, Input trying to be more subtle than the other.

But simply they are just a few who don't want High Elves vs the many that actually would like them added. There doesn't need to be justification anymore for why they should get added, only when and how and where.
04/16/2018 08:45 AMPosted by Input

Because its cultural appropriation. The majority of the Helf culture stayed with the Belfs. As it was just a name change. You are basically trying to take a small section of that culture saying they have more right to it then then the majority. While insulting them at the same time. If anything Belfs should get Helf everything. If one state left the union it would not give them to right to say they are the only real Americans.

This is actually just entirely wrong. There is nothing to stop any of this from happening because vague ideas like culture and legacy do not have a greater authority to manage them. That's why like 5 countries all think they inherited the legacy of the Roman empire.

Also I promise you if a state broke away from the Union they would 100% claim they were the real Americans.