Alliance High Elves as a Playable Race

General Discussion
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 Next
04/16/2018 08:42 AMPosted by PlayerSYTCMM
BfA hasn't even started yet, it's not even finished, and you're already acting like you know what's to come.

The Void Elf situation is outrageous. Every other allied race at least had some screen time (Lightforged Draenei having minimal) but Void Elves weren't part of Legion at all.

Can you name me a race that blizzard released with absolutely no background/lore/quests other than Void Elves?
I support Alliance Getting High Elves, void Elves feel like a compromise and something that was just made up on the spot to fill a role.

I would honestly rather have the Nightborne on the Alliance than Void Elves. We actually did things with them for an entire expansion, void elves feel cheap.
04/16/2018 08:46 AMPosted by Input
Maybe because they dont want to spoil things. Like how they put fake text to be datamined.

Lol. Blizzard must be hiding an entire unannounced zone of them, just to make us think they won't get development!

Oh, wait, no. Vulpera already have more lore than void elves, and BfA isn't even out yet. My bad.
Void Elves come with the addition of void powers, which is proven when Alleria opens a rift to summon Mekkatorque to the battle with his machines.

Wow, so much power. We did what any mage could do. Thanks for this amazing lore development, Blizz.
People just want to play a fantasy race that exists on their faction. The fact this rustles so many jimmies is what's truly hilarious.

That exact race is on the Horde. Blizzard regret the cross-faction play with the Pandaren, and they aren't likely to repeat it with Blood Elves.

04/16/2018 08:53 AMPosted by Dhumah
Yeah we really need to stop, Input and PLAYER whatever are just using circular arguments again. They're well known trolls, Input trying to be more subtle than the other.

But simply they are just a few who don't want High Elves vs the many that actually would like them added. There doesn't need to be justification anymore for why they should get added, only when and how and where.

And the reason for them being circular is because you don't answer them. If we give Alliance a Horde model and all its features to the Alliance, might as well do so with the rest of the races.

04/16/2018 08:53 AMPosted by Dhumah
But simply they are just a few who don't want High Elves vs the many that actually would like them added. There doesn't need to be justification anymore for why they should get added, only when and how and where.

Except there is, and Blizzard have pretty much made that clear over the 14 years that have passed. You're not close to reality of you think they just realised High Elves were demanded by some players. There are many requested races, and one that would re-use the blood elf model for a second time, is probably last on that list.
04/16/2018 08:53 AMPosted by Xenophontes
No. I dont want anything to do with blood elves whats so ever. I want High elves. Full stop. Period. The end.

Its not a matter of we dont want purple skinned blood elves. We DONT WANT BLOOD ELVES. We asked for high elves. We have been asking for high elves since forever. You guys get what you want but we get shafted as always.

Except biologically they are the same. They have only had a name difference for less then what 20 years? Blood Elf was a name change not a biological change to honor those who died during the assault on their homeland. It would be like renaming the United States the Veteran States in honor of soldiers who died. Your statement comes off as a little bit prejudice and not understand civil conflicts.
04/16/2018 08:58 AMPosted by Azsula
Wow, so much power. We did what any mage could do. Thanks for this amazing lore development, Blizz.

That's not what "any" mage can do. Jaina excells at portal magic, and she's pretty buff at what she's doing. Teleporting constructions and resources is another level. Alleria pretty much transported the gnome machinery to the battle field to turn the tide.

I'd like to see the High Elves do something better.
04/16/2018 08:54 AMPosted by Daenirr
Every other allied race at least had some screen time (Lightforged Draenei having minimal) but Void Elves weren't part of Legion at all.

Pretty much this.

Highmountain Tauren got, well...Highmountain.
Nightborne have Suramar and far more
Lightforged got a bit here and there on Argus, it was kindof lacking.
And VE has the napkin that someone wrote on after one too many.
04/16/2018 09:01 AMPosted by Garuroth

And therefore let's scrap them and never care about them again, and at their expense instead invent another belf model race.
04/16/2018 08:58 AMPosted by PlayerSYTCMM
Except there is, and Blizzard have pretty much made that clear over the 14 years that have passed. You're not close to reality of you think they just realised High Elves were demanded by some players. There are many requested races, and one that would re-use the blood elf model for a second time, is probably last on that list.

The issue with this is that we don't actually know that. Yes we've been asking for High Elves for 14 years, but we haven't had Allied Races for 14 years. Allied Races are specifically designed so that similarities to other races don't matter. As a result the door for High Elves has never been open wider, and they are very aware of the demand for them.

I think you're letting your bias cloud your judgement if you think Blizzard isn't seriously considering them. Even if we get cynical and say that it's all about the money for them, they stand to make a ton of money by adding them. There are very few reasons not to add them under this new system, and most of them are just Horde players angry about a model.
Can you name me a race that blizzard released with absolutely no background/lore/quests other than Void Elves?

Draenei's, but Metzen and Blizzard apologized for that snafu and promised that they would do a better job of establishing a race first before making them playable.
I used to be completely against high elves being playable. But the Taeisn video kind of changed my mind. Now I'm just sort of neutral because I really don't care if they become playable or not. The problem I can see is 2 belf models being Alliance which will throw Blood elves into a huge temper tantrum. And if they do make High elves playable just leave it at that and don't make anymore race swaps to the factions. Just my 2 cents :)
04/16/2018 09:03 AMPosted by PlayerSYTCMM
And therefore let's scrap them and never care about them again, and at their expense instead invent another belf model race.

They don't need to invent another belf model race. High elves already exist, dude.

04/16/2018 09:01 AMPosted by Garuroth
Every other allied race at least had some screen time (Lightforged Draenei having minimal) but Void Elves weren't part of Legion at all.

Pretty much this.

Highmountain Tauren got, well...Highmountain.
Nightborne have Suramar and far more
Lightforged got a bit here and there on Argus, it was kindof lacking.

This sums it up pretty well.

And I add:
Mag'har orcs had the entire WoD expansion.
Dark Irons have been around since vanilla.
Kul Tirans and Zandalari will be the main focus of 8.0 entirely.

Void elves still don't have a single quest dedicated to them in BfA. There's only four void elf NPCs in the entirety of BfA. One is a flight master. The other three form an enemy team for Horde to fight on Island Expeditions.

04/16/2018 09:04 AMPosted by Nagchompa
I used to be completely against high elves being playable. But the Taeisn video kind of changed my mind. Now I'm just sort of neutral because I really don't care if they become playable or not. The problem I can see is 2 belf models being Alliance which will throw Blood elves into a huge temper tantrum. And if they do make High elves playable just leave it at that and don't make anymore race swaps to the factions. Just my 2 cents :)

Truth be told, I'm also with Taliesin's conclusion that high elves will probably not be playable, at least for now or in the near future.

But we won't stop asking. Blizzard made a huge mistake with the void elves, and we will make it damn sure to remind them of that.

04/16/2018 09:03 AMPosted by Murdra

Draenei's, but Metzen and Blizzard apologized for that snafu and promised that they would do a better job of establishing a race first before making them playable.

Draenei at least had lore in their two starting zones and all over Outland. Not good lore, as TBC storytelling was pretty bad, but at least they got some attention immediately upon being available.
04/16/2018 08:58 AMPosted by PlayerSYTCMM
I think you're the one not close to reality if you think the next chance that Alliance have to get Elves added won't include High Elves being the one.

No other race on either side of the factions has the following and support granted by High Elves. It's pretty crystal clear that most of the Alliance (and hell even some Horde members throwing their votes in) want High Elves to be their next Elf race. And anyone that thinks they won't add other Elf races to the game is delusional.

Even in this thread alone you can see that some Void Elf players are not 100% satisfied with Void Elves and still aren't satisfied by what they're seeing being uncovered about Void Elf roles in BfA.
04/16/2018 08:38 AMPosted by Input
Also would you accept green eyed Helfs on Alliance with darker skin? As they couldnt leave Silvermoon right away to not get some passive effect changes? Or are you only caring about pale skin and hair with blue eyes?

From the OP

Art by Talendrion:
https://i.imgur.com/OiquvZE.png

From the MMO-C thread:

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w73/Dulafen/High_Elf_Skin_Tone%20v1.png

We have plenty of concepts for darker skin.

I wish the anti-HE crowd would at least bother to read our opinions in the OP before repeating the same tired insinuations for the upteenth time...
04/16/2018 09:04 AMPosted by Nagchompa
The problem I can see is 2 belf models being Alliance which will throw Blood elves into a huge temper tantrum. And if they do make High elves playable just leave it at that and don't make anymore race swaps to the factions.
Valid, and most are okay with say Nathanos style undead going to Horde, or even Undead Elves. What do you think would be equivalent?
04/16/2018 09:03 AMPosted by Niroshi
The issue with this is that we don't actually know that. Yes we've been asking for High Elves for 14 years, but we haven't had Allied Races for 14 years. Allied Races are specifically designed so that similarities to other races don't matter. As a result the door for High Elves has never been open wider, and they are very aware of the demand for them.

I think you're letting your bias cloud your judgement if you think Blizzard isn't seriously considering them. Even if we get cynical and say that it's all about the money for them, they stand to make a ton of money by adding them. There are very few reasons not to add them under this new system, and most of them are just Horde players angry about a model.

Except it's pretty clear that difference in appearence does matter. It's pretty clear Blizzard don't wanna repeat the Pandaren cross-faction idea, which they regret. Hence why they made Void Elves purple/blue with different hair colors. With the addition of Void Elves, your chances of getting High Elves has never been this low.

Another reason is to not turn this game into World of Elfcraft(which is mostly the case on Horde anyway) with elves running around everywhere played by everyone. But given your passion, I doubt you care the slightest about diversity.
04/16/2018 08:57 AMPosted by Alamara
Lol. Blizzard must be hiding an entire unannounced zone of them, just to make us think they won't get development!

Oh, wait, no. Vulpera already have more lore than void elves, and BfA isn't even out yet. My bad.

Truth right there.
04/16/2018 08:59 AMPosted by Input
Except biologically they are the same.

And literally not one Allied Race is different biologically to their main one.

Different models also don't require different biology - Kul Tirans, Zandalari, hell even Blood Elves all had entirely different models before they became playable.

High Elves can always get an entirely separate model.
04/16/2018 09:06 AMPosted by Dhumah
I think you're the one not close to reality if you think the next chance that Alliance have to get Elves added won't include High Elves being the one.

No other race on either side of the factions has the following and support granted by High Elves. It's pretty crystal clear that most of the Alliance (and hell even some Horde members throwing their votes in) want High Elves to be their next Elf race. And anyone that thinks they won't add other Elf races to the game is delusional.

Even in this thread alone you can see that some Void Elf players are not 100% satisfied with Void Elves and still aren't satisfied by what they're seeing being uncovered about Void Elf roles in BfA.

It's not my nor Blizzards problem that you and some other players can't get yourself over to Horde and play the real High Elves, that you for some reason need to have it on the Alliance side to be able to play it.

Most people don't have that problem, otherwise Blood Elves wouldn't be #1 Horde race.

Don't try to make this bigger than it really is.