Do not level in Nagrand (Outlands mixed bag)

General Discussion
My experience in the zone leveling my allied race has been simply terrible. Quest bosses take 5+ minutes to re spawn and you are competing constantly for quest items and mob tags. It feels tedious (when leveling 60-80 is already such a grind with the new changes) and not fun at all.

Example: I was on a quest where you had to loot 7 ogre heads (Nagrand) to summon a boss up on a hill to kill. Firstly, the quest directions are abysmally confusing. Secondly, all the ogres are gone because everyone farms them. I was finally able to get the items I needed to summon him, it used them up and he appeared. As I was killing him, he knocked me backward off the mountain, thus killing me from fall damage. I am now back to having to kill ogres that don't exist. But here is the worst part of this entire experience. Even though you can fly in the zone, you CANNOT fly when you are dead so good luck getting back to your corpse among the mountains.

This is just ONE example of my time. I hate that the solution is to completely skip leveling in the Outlands, but there you have it.

TL;DR The spawn timers on mobs are way too low, the quests are spread apart few and far between, you have to read every quest in it's entirety because it's confusing as all hell, no flying once you die and there are like 2 graveyards so good luck.

Edit: Updated thread title. Outlands not all bad apparently but would avoid Nagrand at least.
03/26/2018 03:27 PMPosted by Ltwhiskers
TL;DR The spawn timers on mobs are way too low, the quests are spread apart few and far between, you have to read every quest in it's entirety because it's confusing as all hell, no flying once you die and there are like 2 graveyards so good luck.

Lol.. so nothing has changed then?
Outland's leveling is from a very different time in WoW's history, which is quite incompatible with current day WoW. The difference between WotLK and BC's leveling is night and day in terms of QoL.

That isn't to say BC's leveling is all bad. It's my go to for mindless grind-style leveling when I want to listen to something and just zone out and hit things. Since it's not as engaging as much of the rest of the leveling experience, you just have to go into it with something to listen to or someone to talk to.
03/26/2018 03:33 PMPosted by Kelstrath

Lol.. so nothing has changed then?

Apparently. Was hoping that at least the re spawn was higher since the release of allied races. I mean they knew we were going to be going back to those zones, thought some love would have been put back into them.
Outlands has been a dumpster fire in terms of questing since Cataclysm updated EK and Kalimdor. Still, I hear it's faster than Northrend due to quest density, so people are going to put up with it either way.

And this is 'vanilla WoW lite', BC is the more streamlined version of classic.

So all those hooting about classic servers, that is what you have to look forward to. Think of BC questing, but much MUCH more tedious.

Do you like doing a single quest that sends you clear across the other side of the planet then abandons you in the middle of nowhere with no follow up quests? Then classic is for you, baby!
lmao, here's how I level in outlands - I get slow, slow flying and I go around uncovering the map and flight points while queued for bgs and Wrath dungeons. Usually, I get one to two levels for each zone before I get the uncover achievement. Don't need to do any quests.
Eastern kingdoms to 60>Northrend to 80>Pandaria to 90>Draenor to 98> Right tolegion and finish quick with broken isles invasion points and bonus objectives.

Worked twice already and both characters were just under 5 days /played so for what it worth that what I did to level.

Anyone know a faster route I’m all ears, I love good suggestions!
But then I can't quest in Blade's Edge or Netherstorm. :(
Not sure what the heck you are talking about, Outlands is the most quest-dense xpac and can easily get you 61-80 (don't go there until 61, for sure!). Don't even bother with rares, just do the quests and keep moving on if things dry up. It is true that 71-80 is by far the worst of the entire run, though, that's just a fact and because WoTK is really horrible - it won't help you, it will actually slow you down vs just staying in Outlands (yes, I've timed it).

I've gotten to 110 a few times now in 80 to 90 hours total. Other than a slog towards 80, the rest is all done well now. I never dungeon or PvP or anything else - its just questing.
Not sure what the heck you are talking about, Outlands is the most quest-dense xpac and can easily get you 61-80 without skipping a beat. Don't even bother with rares, just do the quests and then boom, you are done.

If you go to WoTK it will take you twice as long - I've timed it, just how it is.

Hmm, maybe I’ll take this LFD over there and test the theory. Thanks!
03/26/2018 03:52 PMPosted by Vikaanu
Eastern kingdoms to 60>Northrend to 80>Pandaria to 90>Draenor to 98> Right tolegion and finish quick with broken isles invasion points and bonus objectives.

Worked twice already and both characters were just under 5 days /played so for what it worth that what I did to level.

Anyone know a faster route I’m all ears, I love good suggestions!

I am at 1 day 8 hours played. level 73 at this point. I feel like the pace has been okay except for outlands. I queued for random bc dungeons as much as I could and that has eased the leveling process in the 60-70 range.
Sounds like a you problem. I was able to go from 58-66 in 2 days without any problems on an alt.

Could have even gained more levels those two days but I was busy with stuff in the afternoon.
03/26/2018 03:58 PMPosted by Ebris
Sounds like a you problem. I was able to go from 58-66 in 2 days without any problems on an alt.

You could do that in a few hours with the old leveling system...
03/26/2018 03:55 PMPosted by Fixilocks
Not sure what the heck you are talking about, Outlands is the most quest-dense xpac and can easily get you 61-80 (don't go there until 61, for sure!). Don't even bother with rares, just do the quests and keep moving on if things dry up. It is true that 71-80 is by far the worst of the entire run, though, that's just a fact and because WoTK is really horrible - it won't help you, it will actually slow you down vs just staying in Outlands (yes, I've timed it).

I've gotten to 110 a few times now in 80 to 90 hours total. Other than a slog towards 80, the rest is all done well now.

When you are doing Outlands, what zones do you quest in? I have heard good things about Terokkar and Zangarmarsh but haven't tried it this time round. I fully finished Hellfire and Nagrand and severely hated both (Nagrand more than anything). I only chose Nagrand because I had fond memories of how beautiful it was when I played way back when.
Oh man! I gotta be doing something wrong people keep saying three days or so but I can’t even break four day lol
03/26/2018 03:59 PMPosted by Crojak
03/26/2018 03:58 PMPosted by Ebris

You could do that in a few hours with the old leveling system...
Well duh. I'm replying to OP's post on complaining about the spawn timers, outland itself,etc. It still doesn't take long even after 7.3.5 imo.
Outland? What's that? Me and a friend just boosted our characters through Hellfire Ramparts! got to 80 in a day!
outland itfelf,etc. It still doesn't take long even after 7.3.5 imo.

Its gone from a few hours to 2 days.

Yeah... that's pretty long.
I haven't found it to be bad. The only thing I found somewhat hair pulling so far was doing the Lakeshire Bravo Unit quests on my arcane mage nub, but I still got it done.

*grumbles* ...use chloroform on the Orcs. Haha, that's so cute.