Do not level in Nagrand (Outlands mixed bag)

General Discussion
03/26/2018 04:01 PMPosted by Tiridan
Outland? What's that? Me and a friend just boosted our characters through Hellfire Ramparts! got to 80 in a day!

Didn't know this was a thing.
03/26/2018 04:02 PMPosted by Crojak
outland itfelf,etc. It still doesn't take long even after 7.3.5 imo.

Its gone from a few hours to 2 days.

Yeah... that's pretty long.
*facepalm* You aren't getting the point. Are you? I'm stating things as of 7.3.5 not the past. If you do the quests only in outland it should take you 1-2 days to get up 20 levels. Not hard nor is it long. It's more on the PLAYER themselves. As of 7.3.5 1-2 days isn't long. Now yes before 7.3.5 was faster however that is the PAST. Get with the days will ya. If OP is struggling on leveling in a zone then they should go to the other one or find what they are doing wrong which is making it slow for them.
03/26/2018 03:57 PMPosted by Ltwhiskers
03/26/2018 03:52 PMPosted by Vikaanu
Eastern kingdoms to 60>Northrend to 80>Pandaria to 90>Draenor to 98> Right tolegion and finish quick with broken isles invasion points and bonus objectives.

Worked twice already and both characters were just under 5 days /played so for what it worth that what I did to level.

Anyone know a faster route I’m all ears, I love good suggestions!

I am at 1 day 8 hours played. level 73 at this point. I feel like the pace has been okay except for outlands. I queued for random bc dungeons as much as I could and that has eased the leveling process in the 60-70 range.

Farm Kara trash mobs. Clear the floors, don't kill the bosses. Clear them and then reset.

You're welcome.
Outland is amazing. The trick is to level in dungeons. There are soooo many dungeons. You only need to do each one ONCE and most of them have at least 2 quests. By the time I was done I was 73.
03/26/2018 04:06 PMPosted by Ebris
I'm stating things as of 7.3.5 not the past. If you do the quests only in outland it should take you 1-2 days to get up 20 levels. Not hard nor is it long.

And you aren't getting it.

2 days is long, and yes we are going to be using the old system as a reference point because people were happy with the older rate of exp and no one asked for this increase. Deal with it.

So park that attitude of yours or I'm going to start throwing your own snark right back at you.

And trust me, you won't like me when I get going.
03/26/2018 04:02 PMPosted by Crojak

Its gone from a few hours to 2 days.

Yeah... that's pretty long.
*facepalm* You aren't getting the point. Are you? I'm stating things as of 7.3.5 not the past. If you do the quests only in outland it should take you 1-2 days to get up 20 levels. Not hard nor is it long. It's more on the PLAYER themselves. As of 7.3.5 1-2 days isn't long. Now yes before 7.3.5 was faster however that is the PAST. Get with the days will ya. If OP is struggling on leveling in a zone then they should go to the other one or find what they are doing wrong which is making it slow for them.

My issue isn't with the length, I am at 1 day 8 hours played and level 73. My issue is with how tedious it feels, how you have to fight tooth and nail for spawns, wait over 5 minutes per mini boss and still fight horde for the tag (no idea why it's not shared). It's the experience being tedious and a wish that they would change a couple of things to make leveling there more fun for everybody (mainly flight whilst dead and faster re-spawns). Specifically Nagrand where you are fighting with people farming rep for the quests you need. These max levels one shot everything. I've learned my lesson, I am not going to be going to Nagrand anymore but man, it has been tedious to learn.
03/26/2018 04:06 PMPosted by Autai
Farm Kara trash mobs. Clear the floors, don't kill the bosses. Clear them and then reset.

I think doing TBC Heroics ares better since you also get the Quests in each as well as the XP from Trash and Bosses.

Just wait until 72 and you can hit 80 in no time.
But yes, those little changes would make it faster but still keep with the core of what they said they were trying to do (have people experience old content in a slower way). I am not really sure why people want to keep things around that just make things less convenient and less fun for everybody.
03/26/2018 03:49 PMPosted by Crojak
03/26/2018 03:27 PMPosted by Ltwhiskers
TL;DR The spawn timers on mobs are way too low, the quests are spread apart few and far between, you have to read every quest in it's entirety because it's confusing as all hell, no flying once you die and there are like 2 graveyards so good luck.

And this is 'vanilla WoW lite', BC is the more streamlined version of classic.

So all those hooting about classic servers, that is what you have to look forward to. Think of BC questing, but much MUCH more tedious.

Do you like doing a single quest that sends you clear across the other side of the planet then abandons you in the middle of nowhere with no follow up quests? Then classic is for you, baby!

Rofl this.
03/26/2018 04:10 PMPosted by Crojak
03/26/2018 04:06 PMPosted by Ebris
I'm stating things as of 7.3.5 not the past. If you do the quests only in outland it should take you 1-2 days to get up 20 levels. Not hard nor is it long.

And you aren't getting it.

2 days is long, and yes we are going to be using the old system as a reference point because people were happy with the older rate of exp and no one asked for this increase. Deal with it.

So park that attitude of yours or I'm going to start throwing your own snark right back at you.

And trust me, you won't like me when I get going.
Are you a child? 1-2 days isn't. Stop being in the past. If you can't then you'll level like a slug. No we ARE NOT using the old system as it's not the current system. Get with the times. The past is the past. Can't handle it then why even bother. 1-2 days IS FAST as of 7.3.5 WHICH is the CURRENT SYSTEM. The old one is pointless and not something to use with how leveling is today. So it's stupid to even use it as of now.
I had the exact opposite experience.

I prefer outlands because the questing is not linear.

I can go to a zone, pick up all the quests available and knock out 10-15 quests at a time. when the questing in a zone slows down? nbd, just move on to another zone.

whereas northrend...nope. you will follow the zone story 2 quests a time. no thanks.
... *facepalm* You aren't getting the point. Are you? I'm stating things as of 7.3.5 not the past. If you do the quests only in outland it should take you 1-2 days to get up 20 levels. Not hard nor is it long. It's more on the PLAYER themselves. As of 7.3.5 1-2 days isn't long. Now yes before 7.3.5 was faster however that is the PAST. Get with the days will ya. If OP is struggling on leveling in a zone then they should go to the other one or find what they are doing wrong which is making it slow for them.

My issue isn't with the length, I am at 1 day 8 hours played and level 73. My issue is with how tedious it feels, how you have to fight tooth and nail for spawns, wait over 5 minutes per mini boss and still fight horde for the tag (no idea why it's not shared). It's the experience being tedious and a wish that they would change a couple of things to make leveling there more fun for everybody (mainly flight whilst dead and faster re-spawns). Specifically Nagrand where you are fighting with people farming rep for the quests you need. These max levels one shot everything. I've learned my lesson, I am not going to be going to Nagrand anymore but man, it has been tedious to learn.
Then Northrend probably would have been better as one difference is you don't go from one end to other back and forth like outland. Which is a plus when it comes to Northrend. But yea if you struggle with a zone for whatever reason I would move to another if I were one. I did that on my ally toon I'm leveling was trying to do one quest but I got aggravated and just ended up moving to another which was such a smart move. Otherwise I'd be still at it.
03/26/2018 04:17 PMPosted by Ebris

Then Northrend probably would have been better as one difference is you don't go from one end to other back and forth like outland. Which is a plus when it comes to Northrend. But yea if you struggle with a zone for whatever reason I would move to another if I were one. I did that on my ally toon I'm leveling was trying to do one quest but I got aggravated and just ended up moving to another which was such a smart move. Otherwise I'd be still at it.

Yeah, next time around I am going to try Terokkar or Zanga as I hear good things about those two.
Of the 2 choice yea Outland would take longer than northrend, but both of them compare to everything else have poor paceing.

You can spend along time to level cuz of the fact you have to do alot of traveling and grinding mobs for items can take awhile. This is what I useally have in my head when everyone said 60-80 takes forever, which to me said yea it would the paceing and quest location are all over the place it would slow you down.

Unless your want to level like the good old days yea go the northrend. It not much better but it should go faster.
Outland questing sucks. It was particularly bad when I went to do my Loremaster and got quite a few Exalted reps done there. BEM is one of the worst in every sense.
... Then Northrend probably would have been better as one difference is you don't go from one end to other back and forth like outland. Which is a plus when it comes to Northrend. But yea if you struggle with a zone for whatever reason I would move to another if I were one. I did that on my ally toon I'm leveling was trying to do one quest but I got aggravated and just ended up moving to another which was such a smart move. Otherwise I'd be still at it.

Yeah, next time around I am going to try Terokkar or Zanga as I hear good things about those two.
Yea those two are good when it comes to outland content. Nothing like Nagrand at all..
I did Nagrand fine when I leveled through it earlier in the month. Yeah, I had to wait on respawns in a few areas but it wasn't that bad. There's often multiple areas you can go to to do a quest. Like the one to kill the rock elementals. If you follow the zone map, they only show in like two areas and there's only 5 or so that spawn. The big elemental rock guy at Throne of Elements gives you a map to where they are, though. You look at that and they're in a LOT more areas than what the zone map shows. So I always get amused watching people fight over mobs. I just move to another area and finish often without anyone else in sight. Goes to show you shouldn't always follow the map blindly.

And if it takes you 5 minutes to kill a quest mob ... either your gear or DPS sucks. I'm a terrible DPS but it still doesn't take me 5 minutes to kill a simple quest mob.

With the ogre area where you collect the skulls:
1.) You can get up there without a mount. There's a path up on the left side of the area. If you ran ran around as much as you claim to find something that didn't exist (ogres), then you should have found that path. You clearly were not looking hard enough if you didn't see it.
2.) Ogres are all over the place. They're on the path up to the area. They're in all 3 caves (the smaller cave on the left of the area, the larger pass through cave, and the larger cave behind the pass through one. Unless there's like 10 players around, there's always ogres up somewhere.
3.) Most people learn the hard way that the mob you summon knocks back. A trip to WoWhead probably could have saved you the irritation. I honestly find it rather funny every time I do it and watch others die. First time I did it, I got knocked back onto the path but didn't die but ever since I learned not to stand anywhere where I could die when knocked back.
03/26/2018 04:36 PMPosted by Dyra
I did Nagrand fine when I leveled through it earlier in the month. Yeah, I had to wait on respawns in a few areas but it wasn't that bad. There's often multiple areas you can go to to do a quest. Like the one to kill the rock elementals. If you follow the zone map, they only show in like two areas and there's only 5 or so that spawn. The big elemental rock guy at Throne of Elements gives you a map to where they are, though. You look at that and they're in a LOT more areas than what the zone map shows. So I always get amused watching people fight over mobs. I just move to another area and finish often without anyone else in sight. Goes to show you shouldn't always follow the map blindly.

And if it takes you 5 minutes to kill a quest mob ... either your gear or DPS sucks. I'm a terrible DPS but it still doesn't take me 5 minutes to kill a simple quest mob.

With the ogre area where you collect the skulls:
1.) You can get up there without a mount. There's a path up on the left side of the area. If you ran ran around as much as you claim to find something that didn't exist (ogres), then you should have found that path. You clearly were not looking hard enough if you didn't see it.
2.) Ogres are all over the place. They're on the path up to the area. They're in all 3 caves (the smaller cave on the left of the area, the larger pass through cave, and the larger cave behind the pass through one. Unless there's like 10 players around, there's always ogres up somewhere.
3.) Most people learn the hard way that the mob you summon knocks back. A trip to WoWhead probably could have saved you the irritation. I honestly find it rather funny every time I do it and watch others die. First time I did it, I got knocked back onto the path but didn't die but ever since I learned not to stand anywhere where I could die when knocked back.

It doesn't take me 5 minutes to kill them, it takes over 5 minutes for them to SPAWN. The water boss at the bottom of the lake is one example (also faction specific tagged) so when there are 4 horde and me waiting and they get the tag, I have to wait again and pray I can beat them to it the next time round.

Another example is murkblood invaders. At least 5 minute spawn time for that one traveling pack and I am trying to beat horde for a tag. I can't even sit there and wait it out, I have to actively be staring at my screen ready to hit it. I am on Stormrage which is highly populated, not sure if that makes a difference in all of this. I know the ogres are everywhere but each area has at least 3 max level players one shotting them all for reputation who for some reason won't even let me group with them for 2 minutes so I can finish the quest (I ask very nicely).
Also, I shouldn't have to look up every quest in Nagrand on wowhead but it has been what I have had to do because the quest directions are terrible! Corki questline is an example of this.

The Hungerer and big rhino quest boss is another example of this. Have to look up their route and in my case again, wait, wait and wait then try and tag (this time it wasn't faction specific which made it a little better). I have no idea how real newcomers get through it. I would be very disheartened if I didn't know the rest of the game was much better.
03/26/2018 03:35 PMPosted by Stayinmylos
Outland's leveling is from a very different time in WoW's history, which is quite incompatible with current day WoW. The difference between WotLK and BC's leveling is night and day in terms of QoL.

That isn't to say BC's leveling is all bad. It's my go to for mindless grind-style leveling when I want to listen to something and just zone out and hit things. Since it's not as engaging as much of the rest of the leveling experience, you just have to go into it with something to listen to or someone to talk to.

The thing I find crazy is I remember first going into BC content off vanilla and being AMAZED at how much better the questing was compared

What a long road its been