GRAPHICSCHANGES

Classic Discussion
Keep gameplay vanilla.

Blizz would be foolish to not take advantage of technology and add some polygons to the classic world. It would be much more appealing to play.

The UI getting an update would be amazing, #noaddons.
My vote is NO.

Different games have different graphics, this game is no different.

Why then should we change the original graphics? After seeing what they blizzard art department did to the modern game, I am not inclined to promote any kind of graphical changes.
I like this idea. I'd enjoy a classic game play experience with current graphics, especially lighting and particles <3
I vote YES on a graphics toggle.

With a toggle players who want to see original graphics can see them, while those of us who want something more modern can elect to do so. It would be a personal choice that wouldn't affect anyone else.

Toggling to "New graphics mode" should give players all of the following:
  • New character models (BfA version of what was in Vanilla)
  • New character skeletons (BfA version of what was in Vanilla)
  • New character textures (BfA version of what was in vanilla)
  • New character animations (BfA version of what was in vanilla)
  • Higher rez terrain textures
  • Updated, animated and more numerous terrain clutter
  • Updated shadow and lighting effects
  • Updated water graphics
  • Updated particle effects
  • Updated spell graphics (use BfA graphic for all Vanilla spells)
  • View distance - maximum view distance should be kept the same as in Vanilla to avoid giving an unfair gameplay advantage. Also seeing less far makes the world feel bigger.

Not sure about UI updates. Change it too much and it won't feel like Vanilla.

Also I very much disagree with #noaddons. One of the best features about WoW from Day 1 of Vanilla was how players could customize the game with addons. Banning all addons would mean players are not getting the Vanilla experience.
No Changes
Eww no
no changes.
I want the old models, textures, effects, and animations.
see , just like stated in other posts lately, why are people starting to hate the nochange crowd with a passion?Someone makes a post and you people have to invade his post and yell no change.
The look of the game is as important as any other aspect. It is essential to maintain Classic's identity.
I certainly support the newer graphic changes and new updated models in Classic wow, it will be cool edition, i hope blizzard adds it :)
04/04/2018 11:22 AMPosted by Cruxey
add some polygons to the classic world

Does this translate to having a graphical design person with skill upgrading the polygon/pixel count while maintaining the original vanilla appearance?

Or does it translate to lazily import later expansion models that have higher counts but look different because the art style changed over time, and move different because the underlying skeleton was changed?
Well, SOMETHING has to be done about the graphics.

I loved Vanilla, but the graphics were inconsistent and outdated in 2005. This is a decade-long complaint that was never addressed, and 13 years later, the game looks even worse.

The thing is, if they just copy/paste current expansions graphics on Classic WoW the game will look even worse than Vanilla did. I am talking sbout borderline unplayable here. I can ignore the visual problems in Kronos III but the wrong kind of graphical update could legit kill the game.

TL/DR: updates are both needed and incredibly risky.
04/04/2018 12:43 PMPosted by Elfabulous
and 13 years later, the game looks even worse.

And here I thought it looked exactly the same; my mistake.
04/04/2018 12:47 PMPosted by GildaA9649
04/04/2018 12:43 PMPosted by Elfabulous
and 13 years later, the game looks even worse.

And here I thought it looked exactly the same; my mistake.
Nope. New graphics look better. Here's an example:

https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/258433-blizzard-announces-official-world-warcraft-classic-server-weve-got-lots-questions

Scroll down to the side-by-side comparison of the before-and-after tauren.
Just make graphics toggles client side so only the player sees it. I don't want anything changed but I just don't care if Billy in North Dakota uses modern graphics. If someone wants to use them client side it doesn't effect my gameplay whatsoever as long as I can see old graphics.
04/04/2018 01:20 PMPosted by Keeirel
Just make graphics toggles client side so only the player sees it. I don't want anything changed but I just don't care if Billy in North Dakota uses modern graphics. If someone wants to use them client side it doesn't effect my gameplay whatsoever as long as I can see old graphics.
This.
No
If I wanted to play the new game with the new graphics, I'd have an active sub.
I'll only bring that sub back up when Classic comes out, as Classic.
Keep it as a snapshot in time, for better or worse.