Why can Kul'Tirans be Druids??

General Discussion
First off, I LOVE the new Kul'tiran models. I will probably even reroll one, and I hate alliance, that's how cool they are. But what I don't understand is why they can be druids? This is honestly the first official time in my opinion that a class/race combo makes 0 sense. If someone could inform me the lore or reasoning, I would love to hear it so I can change my opinion. I mean if Kultirans can be druids then give us that sweet troll paladin already.
We don't know all the details yet, Blizzard may have chosen to expand on their own lore and introduce a more Harvest Witch style of Druidism. Of course, the Kul Tiran Druids could also have been taught by a Wild God, perhaps a sea serpent or a whale? Something nautical.

Or they could just be really out there and have unique lore all to themselves. Much like how the Zandalari can be Druids, even though they have no known connection to the Emerald Dream.

Either way, I'm rolling a heavy once I unlock 'em! ♥
why not look at the other 10+ threads that ask this same exact question.

also it makes perfect sense if you pay attention to the lore.
04/14/2018 01:08 PMPosted by Cudlybear
First off, I LOVE the new Kul'tiran models. I will probably even reroll one, and I hate alliance, that's how cool they are. But what I don't understand is why they can be druids? This is honestly the first official time in my opinion that a class/race combo makes 0 sense. If someone could inform me the lore or reasoning, I would love to hear it so I can change my opinion. I mean if Kultirans can be druids then give us that sweet troll paladin already.

Explain to me why anyone can't be a druid if they wanted to?

If you're a tree-hugging hipster, then you are already halfway to becoming a druid anyway.
04/14/2018 01:11 PMPosted by Shadowrose
why not look at the other 10+ threads that ask this same exact question.

also it makes perfect sense if you pay attention to the lore.

Great explanation, thanks. Way to continue the reputation of the average GD commenter.
04/14/2018 01:11 PMPosted by Wiccan
We don't know all the details yet, Blizzard may have chosen to expand on their own lore and introduce a more Harvest Witch style of Druidism. Of course, the Kul Tiran Druids could also have been taught by a Wild God, perhaps a sea serpent or a whale? Something nautical.

Or they could just be really out there and have unique lore all to themselves. Much like how the Zandalari can be Druids, even though they have no known connection to the Emerald Dream.

Either way, I'm rolling a heavy once I unlock 'em! ♥

I think it is harvest since Kul'tirans came from Gilneas
04/14/2018 01:13 PMPosted by Luxiluki
If you're a tree-hugging hipster, then you are already halfway to becoming a druid anyway.
I hug all the trees!

All. The. Trees.

Watch your backyard! >:)
They're expanding Druid lore like they did Shaman & Paladin Lore in Cata.
Gilneas had (and still has) harvest witches, which are very similar to druids, and since Kul'Tiras was founded by Gilneans, it's reasonable to assume they have harvest witches as well.
* Its Head cannon time cause why not??

Maybe they had some voodoo in their rum. The zandalari thought of controlling them and poisoned their liquor. It backfired and awakened the old witch/wizard genes
Just more retcons like every other non-nelf druid. Not as bad as the trolls but still.
04/14/2018 01:16 PMPosted by Wariya
* Its Head cannon time cause why not??

Maybe they had some voodoo in their rum. The zandalari thought of controlling them and poisoned their liquor. It backfired and awakened the old witch/wizard genes

The real reason is some Kul'tiran guy had the hots for this one druid chick, so he opened a druid academy in a pathetic attempt to impress her.

So there ya have it, Kul'tirans can be druids cause some dude wanted a tall glass of purple stuff. (the druid chick was a night elf.)
04/14/2018 01:21 PMPosted by Averyx
Just more retcons like every other non-nelf druid. Not as bad as the trolls but still.

Gets us one step closer to Draenei Druids.
Because it's cool.
It could be that they're drawing on an ancient magic in the area and that they use druidism to access it thus giving them these weird forms
04/14/2018 01:29 PMPosted by Autri
04/14/2018 01:21 PMPosted by Averyx

Gets us one step closer to Draenei Druids.

Call me when Draenei Warlocks become a thing. Then we can really get this lore party started.
Being a tree hugger or a nature magic practitioner does not make you a druid.
04/14/2018 01:34 PMPosted by Rahan
... don't lie to me!
The night Ysera died magical dragon scales of druidism fell on Kul'Tiras. Fatefully the guys who watch the almanac (those witchies) were out dancing naked that night in some stone circles like real druids. BAM! Pirate Droods.
04/14/2018 01:34 PMPosted by Rahan

I don't think that is true