Alliance High Elves as a Playable Race

General Discussion
Prev 1 14 15 16 26 Next
04/25/2018 11:35 PMPosted by Yaoling
04/25/2018 11:25 PMPosted by Talendrion
3k years of possble High Elf passing Half elves. 3k years of human genome "possibly" making it's way into the Dalaran High Elf gene pool. Which again, it only means the "interbreeding population."
And like I said. It's possible. It is perfectly possible there is a giant population of half-elves running around we don't know about. But according to our CURRENT lore, that isn't the case. And for people to keep saying "as we know high elves have human blood" is just ignorance.

I am merely discussing the possibility.

Either way, I have failed to make my point come across to you, as I cannot make you understand what I mean when I say "Dalaran High Elf genepool." As such, there is little I can do to further explain my point.

I tried. I really did.
04/25/2018 11:46 PMPosted by Talendrion
I am merely discussing the possibility.

Either way, I have failed to make my point come across to you, as I cannot make you understand what I mean when I say "Dalaran High Elf genepool." As such, there is little I can do to further explain my point.

I tried. I really did.
Pretty sure I understand what you said perfectly. However I'm pretty poor at making others understand what *IM* saying so I'm not gonna try and prove that I understand what you're saying. Know what I'm saying?

My comment about there being a giant population of high elves was a side point and used as a more extreme version of what you were suggesting. I know that isn't what you were suggesting. But it is in fact possible that that is something that could be written into lore in the future despite what is currently written.

Either way, you want to talk about what could happen? Then I'm more than happy to speculate with you. And I don't disagree with any of your speculations about future lore. But if we're talking about the CURRENT lore... then don't try to say that the High Elves are all (or there are a lot of) half-elves. Please?
Anyways I'm gonna stop now. I've been arguing for about 3 hours or more now and I think I've actually exhausted myself. But hey that's 3 hours of bumping this thread. Can't say I didn't do my part!
1 last High Elf support for the night
I'm going to bed, it was a really busy day to me.

We should gather our strenghts for the tomorrow Q&A, cross your fingers guys, and be prepared for ANYTHING.

For the Quel'dorei!

I love you guys! S2

My best wishes to everyone who's with us!
High Elves consistently generate the most hype of any potential Allied Race. Void Elves obviously didn't cut it for a lot of players; so, will we see regular/Silver Covenant High Elves playable on the Alliance?
I think with Void Elves, anyone who likes them or is pleased with them don't really have anything to say or talk about. I posted a thread about improving their story, but I also get how that's not something that a lot of players are actually really passionate about compared to more customization and character models. Plus I think with Battle for Lordaeron and potential Void Elf involvement in the war campaign, people might be waiting in anticipation for that and just trusting Blizzard will use them later on afterwards.
I really hope that you guys get good answer from Q&A. But if things go wrong and they give answer you didn't want, please be try to civil as possible.

Hope for the best and prepare for the worst
04/26/2018 01:31 AMPosted by Dawnsong
I really hope that you guys get good answer from Q&A. But if things go wrong and they give answer you didn't want, please be try to civil as possible.

Hope for the best and prepare for the worst

Thank you, Dawnsong. :)

I've said this in the High Elf discord, but if we get a concrete 'No', I'd of course be extremely disappointed, but also a bit relieved at the same time. I can finally accept then that there is nothing for me to look forward to in BfA regarding Allied Races.

I would still play through the expansion of course, it's looking nice so far (barring the controversial gcd changes), but probably not as much as right now in Legion.

That said, I would still continue to fight for Alliance High Elves whenever they're brought up in the future.
I don't understand why anyone engages with any of the trolls who come to this thread. They just pollute the thread and eat up post count that would be better served with things supporting High Elves.

Put them on ignore. The more you engage them the more they'll post. When you stop feeding the trolls... they starve and move on.

Quoting them just spreads the pollution. Let's be "environmentally friendly" and not spread the pollution or feed the trolls. Our thread doesn't need any kind of negativity. Let the trolls do that in the "no" thread.
i tried to present concise reasons for why i wanted high elves on the alliance, as a wow player. the first reason was that i prefered the aesthetic of the alliance, but to be even more precise, i couldn't stomach things like sylvannas creating new undead, which is apparently not a good thing for the person thus raised, and undercity, which is a really creepy place, with canals filled with liquified humans, abominations guarding the entrances and exits, and body parts hanging from meat hooks. i dont enjoy horror movies. my adrenal glands are tired enough, thank you.

further, as many horde players have commented, their leaders are super villians, eight times out of ten, a state many dont like. i'm not a fan of their story. i remember trying to do the quests for garrosh out in thousand needles i do believe it was, and thinking... this just aint for me.

it's difficult apparently, for horde players to fathom why i'd feel that way, other than the ones who dont like sylvannas or who didn't like garrosh. but i think those are pretty good reasons to want a high elf on the alliance instead. it's hard to quest when you know you may be told as the player, to do disturbing things for game xp. at some point your conscience has to kick in.
Here's to hoping we hear something about High Elves in the Q&A! And hopefully good news too, I'd love to play as one.
04/26/2018 01:23 AMPosted by Grimroar
I think with Void Elves, anyone who likes them or is pleased with them don't really have anything to say or talk about. I posted a thread about improving their story, but I also get how that's not something that a lot of players are actually really passionate about compared to more customization and character models. Plus I think with Battle for Lordaeron and potential Void Elf involvement in the war campaign, people might be waiting in anticipation for that and just trusting Blizzard will use them later on afterwards.

Which is backwards logic considering what Allied Races are - a chance to obtain long time fan favorite races without the additional story effort involved. I mean does anyone honestly think the Nightborne or Highmountain Tauren are going to be vital to the story going forward? I'm sure we'll get the odd NPC of both, but they'll basically be interchangable with random Blood Elf or Tauren NPCs. Same with Lightforged Draenei - with the Draenei story now told entirely, expect both Lightforged and regular Draenei to go back to how they were represented in Wrath through Mists...that is to say, a few sporadic appearances.

Dark Irons, Mag'har, Kul'Tiras, and Zandalari all piggyback off existing Dwarf, Human, Orc, and Troll stories so they don't need special representation.

Heck, High Elves are in such demand BECAUSE the Silver Covenant has been as visible in the Alliance story as it has. Any in-coming High Elf player isn't going to feel like they aren't being represented in the content and I don't think any of us that are for High Elves are really bothered by the idea that the High Elves will continue to be a background flavor to the Alliance at best.

But Void Elves? It's all but advertised "Stay Tuned to find out more!" ... which is the wrong narrative to take with Allied Races. If they're relevant to future plot development, then you save them as a bonafide race in and of themselves (Make 'em neutral like Pandaren and share them with both sides). Also...give them some introduction. Void Elf hype probably would be a thing if we'd spent Legion and the first part of BfA bumping into mysterious pale elves that command dark powers helping us against the Legion.
04/26/2018 01:23 AMPosted by Grimroar

I think I'm the person most interested in void elves around here, lol.

It appears to me that very few people actually like void elves, and those that do do like their visuals but do not care about their lore. The rest of us is either bothered by their poor lore or do not care at all. And lots of people bashing void elves post as void elf characters, lol.

A race most people either despise or do not care at all. Good job, Blizz.
I want to throw in my support for the children of the sun as a playable race. I've spent years trying to figure out how to work them into the roster in several different scenarios and seeing most of that come from other people gives me a warm feeling in my heart. To know I'm not alone in this is truly a godsend, fel I've seen ideas I never would have thought of come from this, it's amazing.
Back again, to keep showing my suppor to High Elf Allied Race!
04/26/2018 03:50 AMPosted by Alamara

I think I'm the person most interested in void elves around here, lol.

It appears to me that very few people actually like void elves, and those that do do like their visuals but do not care about their lore. The rest of us is either bothered by their poor lore or do not care at all. And lots of people bashing void elves post as void elf characters, lol.

A race most people either despise or do not care at all. Good job, Blizz.

It's not that I don't like Void Elves or care about them...it's just that I've got zero context for them being a thing. My first hint of them was the Nightborne recruitment mission in a throw away line about a banished sect of Blood Elves. I'm still working on the rep needed to unlock them, Alliance side.

As for people who are posting on Void Elf toons...they're probably like me. If worst comes to worst and High Elves aren't in the future (for now), then we'll settle for the consolation prize.

To me that's a more damning statement about an Allied Race then anything. If it's viewed as the second best option.
+1 High Elves. Pleeeeeeaaaaasssse? :)
04/26/2018 04:23 AMPosted by Goldwing
It's not that I don't like Void Elves or care about them...it's just that I've got zero context for them being a thing. My first hint of them was the Nightborne recruitment mission in a throw away line about a banished sect of Blood Elves. I'm still working on the rep needed to unlock them, Alliance side.

That’s the thing about the void elves: you already know half their lore. They were exiled and their leader is called Umbric. The other half is that they live in a rock in space and turn purple under Ethereal meddling at the last second of their storyline. I’m not kidding.

As for people who are posting on Void Elf toons...they're probably like me. If worst comes to worst and High Elves aren't in the future (for now), then we'll settle for the consolation prize.

To me that's a more damning statement about an Allied Race then anything. If it's viewed as the second best option.

A very very distant second, to make matters worse.
Isn't the QnA today? Prepare to be really happy or really disappointed. One of those two.