Alliance High Elves as a Playable Race

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 26 Next
As usual, tossing in my support for this 110%.

On the eye color discussion, I'm very much in the camp that wants the non-glowy variety of eyes, basically the "human" treatment with different colors tied to the various faces. Ideally with the power glow optional for those who want it, but if it had to be one or the other I'd pick without. One of the things I like most about some of the High Elf models currently in game is actually being able to see their pupils.
04/25/2018 08:55 PMPosted by Tabasa

On the eye color discussion, I'm very much in the camp that wants the non-glowy variety of eyes, basically the "human" treatment with different colors tied to the various faces. Ideally with the power glow optional for those who want it, but if it had to be one or the other I'd pick without. One of the things I like most about some of the High Elf models currently in game is actually being able to see their pupils.

Yeah their eyes seem pure and real, High Elf females have the most beautiful eyes in game right now IMO.
04/25/2018 08:57 PMPosted by Velanara

Yeah their eyes seem pure and real, High Elf females have the most beautiful eyes in game right now IMO.

*blasts you with moonbeam eye lasers*
04/25/2018 08:57 PMPosted by Velanara
04/25/2018 08:55 PMPosted by Tabasa

It's cuz they big anime eyes.

But for real, they are pretty, and I love that Thalassian eyes have a white pupil, it's a nice touch.
04/25/2018 08:55 PMPosted by Talendrion
04/25/2018 08:37 PMPosted by Monadris

Haha, all the better! It also makes me hope they get to play shaman so they can get their bending on.

BTW, per your other post, have you considered making a multiple eye color mockup?

I have! busy this week tho -I shouldn't be procrastinating in here ahhh- but It's something I hope to do soon.

Awesome, can't wait!
04/25/2018 08:52 PMPosted by Velanara
human genetic interference.
High Elves.
Do not.
Have.
Human.
Blood.

Those would be half-elves and there is less than 10 half elves in existence.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Half-elf
04/25/2018 09:08 PMPosted by Yaoling
04/25/2018 08:52 PMPosted by Velanara
human genetic interference.
High Elves.
Do not.
Have.
Human.
Blood.

Those would be half-elves and there is less than 10 half elves in existence.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Half-elf

Yes they do. Elisande said as much.
04/25/2018 09:11 PMPosted by Monadris
No... she didn't. "Diluted blood lines" =/= all of you have mixed genetic makeup. She was referring to Vareesa's children (who are half elves) This interpretation is totally off-base and everyone is running with it and pushing around misinformation.
04/25/2018 09:13 PMPosted by Yaoling
No... she didn't. "Diluted blood lines" =/= all of you have mixed genetic makeup. She was referring to Vareesa's children (who are half elves) This interpretation is totally off-base and everyone is running with it and pushing around misinformation.

Sorry bud, you are the misinformed one. Or rather, you just can't handle the truth.
04/25/2018 09:13 PMPosted by Yaoling

Is a possibility dude! Dear lord fine if you disagree but get a hold of yourself.
Half Elves are another flavor of High Elves and are pretty much High Elves tbqfh
04/25/2018 09:26 PMPosted by Mythlos
Half Elves are another flavor of High Elves and are pretty much High Elves tbqfh

I don't want Half-Elves by any means, they're just Humans with blue eyes and long ears.

I want the real High Elf model with perhaps some human alteration options if people desire it. But I do not want Blizzard to make it so they're just half-elves.
04/25/2018 09:17 PMPosted by Monadris
Sorry bud, you are the misinformed one. Or rather, you just can't handle the truth.
Wow great argument.

Fact: Any elf that has ANY human blood at all is a half-elf
Fact: there is a tiny tiny amount of half-elves in ALL OF RECORDED WOW HISTORY
Fact: You don't know what blood lines means
04/25/2018 09:18 PMPosted by Talendrion
Is a possibility dude! Dear lord fine if you disagree but get a hold of yourself.
No it isn't a possibility. It is blatantly wrong. You want Blizzard to re-write things, say that. You want half-elves, say that. I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH EITHER OF THOSE THINGS. But all the people running around acting like High Elves and Half-elves are one in the same are really getting annoying. You can't just will your opinion over the facts of the game that define the terms you're misusing.

As lore CURRENTLY stands the idea that all or even a large portion of high elves have human blood is horribly misguided and provably wrong. And idk why everyone gets all angry and defensive when I try to tell people that their wishes don't line up with the facts? Why do you get mad at being educated? Why do you assume that I'm mad because I'm correcting you?

Just stop saying High-elves are part human. They're not. That's physically impossible. Half-elves cannot be high elves because they're half-elves. High Elves cannot be half-elves because they're elves. Those two terms are mutually exclusive and it is the same way in every single fantasy game/book/movie that has elves and half-elves.
04/25/2018 09:29 PMPosted by Velanara

I don't want Half-Elves by any means, they're just Humans with blue eyes and long ears.

I want the real High Elf model with perhaps some human alteration options if people desire it. But I do not want Blizzard to make it so they're just half-elves.

That's cool. Trust me when I say our opinions in implementation are just that. Opinions. Blizzard will do what Blizzard wants.

What's important is to let them know that there is significant Alliance High Elf demand.
CAN WE NOT GET INTO THIS AGAIN, PLEASE?

Okay, we have different opinions, no need to go into 2-page arguments every single time the words "half elves" are mentioned D:

It's one possible customization option we've proposed for High Elves, out of dozens of suggestions we've made, that's it.

Probably won't happen. If it does - no need to use it. It's not a big deal if some people don't like it. It's not the end of the world.
04/25/2018 09:29 PMPosted by Velanara

Totally agree. Gives both the High Elf purists their 12 years in the making race. Then it adds "Halfling" to the fold as a free bonus. So much flavor to the story that is yet to be unlocked for them.

Win win.

Elisande is a retcon.
04/25/2018 09:33 PMPosted by Yaoling
04/25/2018 09:18 PMPosted by Talendrion
No it isn't a possibility. It is blatantly wrong. You want Blizzard to re-write things, say that. You want half-elves, say that. I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH EITHER OF THOSE THINGS. But all the people running around acting like High Elves and Half-elves are one in the same are really getting annoying. You can't just will your opinion over the facts of the game that define the terms you're misusing.

As lore CURRENTLY stands the idea that all or even a large portion of high elves have human blood is horribly misguided and provably wrong. And idk why everyone gets all angry and defensive when I try to tell people that their wishes don't line up with the facts? Why do you get mad at being educated? Why do you assume that I'm mad because I'm correcting you?

Just stop saying High-elves are part human. They're not. That's physically impossible. Half-elves cannot be high elves because they're half-elves. High Elves cannot be half-elves because they're elves. Those two terms are mutually exclusive and it is the same way in every single fantasy game/book/movie that has elves and half-elves.

Boy I have one big surprise for you, you see, it's a little fantasy book called Lord of the Rings...
04/25/2018 09:36 PMPosted by Wiccan
CAN WE NOT GET INTO THIS AGAIN, PLEASE?

Okay, we have different opinions, no need to go into 2-page arguments every single time the words "half elves" are mentioned D:

It's one possible customization option we've proposed for High Elves, out of dozens of suggestions we've made, that's it.
Stop arguing with me when you're wrong then. You try to claim your opinion is fact then I will tell you that you are wrong and try to educate everyone that would believe you. I feel like English might not be your first language with the amount of misunderstandings we have.

Nothing I said is in any way my opinion. I am relaying you the info that is in the game. If you don't like the info that's your thing. But it doesn't mean that you can just say "it's my opinion! leave me alone" and I'm just supposed to let you continue telling people things that aren't true.

To reiterate: you want playable half-elves? That's FINE. I don't care one way or another and I even LIKE the idea of half-elves. AS I SAID BEFORE. You want Blizzard to write in that there's a huge population of half-elves among the High Elves? Go for it! I wouldn't care about that either. But you get so up and arms that you view it as some sort of assault on your person when I try to tell people the reality of the lore in question.

I don't care if you WANT half-elves to be playable. What I do care about is you and anyone else trying to say that CURRENTLY High Elves are actually all half-elves or that there's hundreds of half-elves running around. This simply isn't the case according to the lore available and I don't know why you would get mad at me for telling you the truth.
Its not going to happen.

The developers have been adamant that High Elves won't be playable ever since Blood Elves were introduced.
The mass swarms of complaining resulted in a compromise, Void Elves.

Honestly at this point it would be better if Blizzard killed off the remaining High Elves, turn them into martyrs to fuel the faction conflict, with Vereesa dying at Sylvanas' hands to have a proper reason and grudge for Alleria to hate Sylvanas and deepen her rage against the Horde.

It would have been better if Blizzard had made the Silver Covenant and the remaining High Elves into the Void Elves instead of a break away faction of Blood Elves (so that the compromise would have settled this "argument" once and for all) but what is done is done and can't be changed.