Worgen/Goblin

General Discussion
At Blizzcon they specifically said Worgen/Goblin updates were coming this xpac. It was said whole heartidly and gave a lot of faith to those who have been waiting for 6 years for them. It also I’m sure probably boosted pre order sales somewhat and made people roll a worgen/goblin to try out the new questing experience, knowing a nice shiny new model awaits them in the next xpac.

Fast forward to Pax East, during Tradechats interview with the devs.
Q: How are the Worgen and Goblin updates coming along?
A: Right now Blizzard is focused on Allied Races. Nothing on the immediate list but they want to!

They most likely haven’t even started on them, or they’re still very early in the development process. This isn’t coming this xpac, especially if it’s only 4 months away. Literally this was false advertising and it got a lot of people’s hopes up. I’d love a official statement on this. Please tell us yes or no, wishy washy nonsense is only making this worse.

Edit: I never say in my post that they promised the updates at launch, I realize it be later on, but realistically that just won’t happen if the Allied Races truly are taking up all their time. All I want is a yes or no if they are coming, so people who had their hopes up actually have an official answer.

Everyone asking for a source, here’s a panel of them talking about them
https://youtu.be/rcZhv4uHqas

Stating that they are working on them. This would have been referenced once again during the Pax interview but it wasn’t. Allied Races have taken over as the main topic.
That actually is kind of a serious flag of false advertising, which is a big deal.
They said they wouldn't be available for BFA launch, but would release within the context of the BFA expansion.

The state of the Alpha shows they still have a lot on plate priority wise, then making an already functional asset look better.

I want this too, but also know if its not being released on BFA release, then they wouldn't be in the production stages at this point. It's probably concept art at the farthest, or philosophy and discussing the desgin aesthetic they want to achieve.

I would like to see them knock it out of the park with these allied races now so there is no need to go back and edit them thus delaying the worgen updates even further.

Keep in mind, blood elves werent part of the roster for WoD originally- and we got them a few months after. If they said they will do it, they will.
04/05/2018 12:22 PMPosted by Frayta
They said they wouldn't be available for BFA launch, but would release within the context of the BFA expansion.

The state of the Alpha shows they still have a lot on plate priority wise, then making an already functional asset look better.

I want this too, but also know if its not being released on BFA release, then they wouldn't be in the production stages at this point. It's probably concept art at the farthest, or philosophy and discussing the desgin aesthetic they want to achieve.

I would like to see them knock it out of the park with these allied races now so there is no need to go back and edit them thus delaying the worgen updates even further.
Doesn’t change the fact that it’s still a lie, and was something promised on the Blizzcon floor at unveil of the expansion that they are working on them. The time when boosting hype and acquiring pre orders is most important. I get what you’re saying and I agree, but this is kind of unnaccetable. These devs are not managing their time well at all with development and finishing the stuff that’s been promised. Nor are they handling the communication well at all to their fans who they are letting down by not delivering.

BfA has been in development for years. The soon release makes sense, the omit and disregard for worgen and goblin doesn’t.
Blizzard dev's not following through with what they say is nothing new. None of us should be surprised, tbh.
04/05/2018 12:15 PMPosted by Vairais
At Blizzcon they specifically said Worgen/Goblin updates were coming this xpac.
like half the stuff they say in blizzcons never happens.

this not a surprise.
If you tell your friend that you will meet him at a certain place for dinner, then fail to show up, were you lying when you told your friend you would meet him?

If you got in a car accident on the way, which is why you did not show up, were you lying when you told him?

Sometimes changing circumstances may change what you "promised" earlier.

Development problems or schedules may have changed where the devs have to put their work time on something else. From worgen/goblin updates to something else.

Does that make their initial Blizcon comments a lie?

A lie is an intentional untruth. A statement made in good faith but that gets affected (changed) by later circumstances is not an lie.
I thought they said it would happen sometime after the release?
04/05/2018 12:21 PMPosted by Necrolynx
That actually is kind of a serious flag of false advertising, which is a big deal.

how would it be false advertising when you wouldn't need to have purchased any expansion to obtain the update

did i miss the part where i had to buy warlords for my updated undead?
They most likely haven’t even started on them. This isn’t coming this xpac, especially if it’s only 4 months away.

The consider "This XPAC" to be all versions of the game higher than an equal to 8.0 and lower than 8.99. They would release a 8.9.99232 patch the day before 9.0 comes out and it will still be considered part of this expansion. Note, they didn't say with Expansion release at any time.
Dance studio . . .
04/05/2018 12:27 PMPosted by Aarschott
If you tell your friend that you will meet him at a certain place for dinner, then fail to show up, were you lying when you told your friend you would meet him?

If you got in a car accident on the way, which is why you did not show up, were you lying when you told him?

Sometimes changing circumstances may change what you "promised" earlier.

Development problems or schedules may have changed where the devs have to put their work time on something else. From worgen/goblin updates to something else.

Does that make their initial Blizcon comments a lie?

A lie is an intentional untruth. A statement made in good faith but that gets affected (changed) by later circumstances is not an lie.
It becomes a lie and a reoccurring one when this is something that has been ignored by them for 6 years. The devs have officially created a pattern of untruthfullness when it comes to this topic, and doing it once again to that playerbase is dissapointing. Not speaking with full faith is still dishonesty and it should never be tolerated when it becomes a habit.
I was at Blizzcon and I think I watched all the VODs of things I missed live. I remember worgen and goblins being mentioned as something being worked on, but I never remember hearing anything like a date or a promise.

Do you have a source?
04/05/2018 12:28 PMPosted by Praetorian
I thought they said it would happen sometime after the release?

this

04/05/2018 12:22 PMPosted by Frayta

and this
That thread title* made me picture ma on her front porch in her long nightgown, shot gun in hand, very very angry at pa. The cheatin' scoundrel, comin' home at 3am, reekin' a moonshine and cheap perfume. Which probably belonged to Janet, that hussy down the lane just lookin' for her next hit.

.....weirdly detailed mental image from just a thread title. My kids got me sick with fever, so I'll just go with it.

As for the content of the post, Ion said during BfA. So, sometime in the next 2 years, we'll get our worgen updates. And goblins, I guess, but I don't care about them.

*Edit: Original thread title was "Blizzard you down right lied"
Lying, misinformation and lack of communication is their strongest skill set. This and the Aug 14th release is why I'm not interested at all in BFA until it is released and there is plenty of community input about its true state.
like... you don't even need to be a lawyer to argue how this situation is not false advertising in the slightest
At Blizzcon they specifically said Worgen/Goblin updates were coming this xpac.

"coming this xpac" does not mean "available at the launch of the xpac". The xpac will probably last around 2 years.

04/05/2018 12:31 PMPosted by Felryn
like... you don't even need to be a lawyer to argue how this situation is not false advertising in the slightest

You can argue any dumb point you want. But any remotely competent lawyer would laugh in your face if you tried to make a case out of this.
04/05/2018 12:28 PMPosted by Felryn
04/05/2018 12:21 PMPosted by Necrolynx

how would it be false advertising when you wouldn't need to have purchased any expansion to obtain the update

did i miss the part where i had to buy warlords for my updated undead?
No but it generates people wanting to come back and start back up their subscriptions, and if they actually want to experience the game with their friends, buying the xpac. Blizz is still making a profit by saying something like this, then not following through.
04/05/2018 12:32 PMPosted by Vairais
Blizz is still making a profit by saying something like this, then not following through.

For real, though, what did they actually say? Why can’t anyone seem to provide a quote?