Straw Poll, what class are you?

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
04/18/2018 07:11 PMPosted by Snowfire
No need to the Poll since it will always be this one.

what? is that english?
04/18/2018 04:27 PMPosted by Vhok
shaman at the very bottom, unexpected

The 5 least played classes in Vanilla (and all the private servers) always end up being (in no particular order)

Shaman
Paladin
Priest
Druid
Warlock

That's the 4 "hybrids" (which where more or less only viable as heals) and Warlocks..... (which I've never really understood the low population for... Maybe it's because they're the "evil" class... or just because they are less mechanically straight forward than other classes...)

Another factor with Shaman/Paladin in this poll is it's hypothetically across the entire game instead of a per faction survey, so you would expect their population numbers to be about half of what you'd see for a class available to both sides...... Shaman are underrepresented even among Horde only polls... Paladins if memory serves, do a bit better on alliance only polls.

As for the OP, since I didn't actually answer the question in my first post....

I will be playing Warlock/dagger Rogue/ Enhance, with either the rogue or lock being the "main"
Probably going with Shaman. I'll be happy to have windfury back.
My 1st character to 60 will be a lock for easy farming; after that I'm going to level a priest as my main......mmm can't wait to relive the joys of a warrior tank in all imperial plate armor pulling 3 trash mobs by rattlegore at once and trying to heal through their bad pull once again.....
Current plan is Hunter, but I might swap to Mage. It depends on if I think I'll enjoy it or not... and how good Hunter is against Warrior/Mage/Rogue.
First issue is faction for me. Then any healer but Shaman. I hated totems. We have a long way to go before we decide so I imagine we will be changing our minds often before then.
04/19/2018 07:50 AMPosted by Vik
First issue is faction for me. Then any healer but Shaman. I hated totems. We have a long way to go before we decide so I imagine we will be changing our minds often before then.
If totems are raid wide I don’t mind them. If totems are party only. Bleh, no thanks
Warrior and Warlock, cause using rested xp requires 2 toons.
04/13/2018 07:22 PMPosted by Lagspike
04/13/2018 07:15 PMPosted by Pintero
There's going be like 50% warrior in this vote, and i bet most of them don't even get to the whirlwind axe before dropping the class, haha.

Everyone wants to BE a warrior, but no one wants to suffer through the agonizing leveling experience.

I very much look forward to doing it again. I take pleasure in the grind.
I actually think the poll make sense except for druid ranking. It will be lower than priest but higher than hunter on alliance and about the bottom with shaman on Horde. I think Hunters are going to take a hit this time around. Locks will be the easier pet class in Vanilla. Its one of the reasons I had it as my Alliance main.

I bet Horde generally has a harder time with finding healers than Alliance and Alliance has a harder time with tanks thank Horde. I also believe it will be on average 55/45 Alliance:Horde.
Votes are coming in much closer than expected... glad to see everyone is choosing the class they want to play!
04/19/2018 06:30 PMPosted by Vik
I actually think the poll make sense except for druid ranking. It will be lower than priest but higher than hunter on alliance and about the bottom with shaman on Horde. I think Hunters are going to take a hit this time around. Locks will be the easier pet class in Vanilla. Its one of the reasons I had it as my Alliance main.
People need to prepare for the fact that voidwalker is a garbage tank in Vanilla. Hunter pets are a little bit better, but you will still pull aggro. Warlocks even moreso. At least hunters can feign. And remember neither have aoe taunts, though hunters can get gorillas who have an aoe ability on like...a minute cooldown.

Anyway, point being pets/minions were very unrefined in Vanilla. Not a criticism, since I vastly preferred both classes (hunter especially) compared to how they are now.
04/19/2018 07:04 PMPosted by Mogar
People need to prepare for the fact that voidwalker is a garbage tank in Vanilla. Hunter pets are a little bit better, but you will still pull aggro. Warlocks even moreso. At least hunters can feign. And remember neither have aoe taunts, though hunters can get gorillas who have an aoe ability on like...a minute cooldown.

Depends a bit on how you level for Lock... You can subspec demo and boost the VW pretty substantially to not be useless with the late vanilla talents.... Early vanilla, however the VW was pretty useless by 20ish though, and entirely obsolete by 30s since the Felhunter had a bug/exploit where you could spam click the paranoia buff that would generate a small amount of threat (and basically generate more threat than even a raid geared tank over time)

Another thing to mention is that leveling specs are often atrocious for PvP too...

Level as affliction>demo with a VW and you are gonna get dumpstered by basically anyone that wants you dead because you are gonna suck hard at anything but solo questing.
never expected hunter to be so low. they were number 1 in vanilla
04/20/2018 02:47 PMPosted by Vhok
never expected hunter to be so low. they were number 1 in vanilla

People buy into the "good raids only bring 2 hunters for pulling" story...

Then there's the "huntard" meme and the nuisance of ammo and pet upkeep.

There were a lot of bad hunters in vanilla plus a small number that kept getting them nerfed...
i was a hunter in vanilla, i loved using fein death during mc bosses and pulling my pet back for a second to get out of combat and start drinking haha
04/14/2018 12:39 AMPosted by Gornoqt
I can't wait to feel that warrior leveling pain again!

Yeah you say that now lol. Just wait till everyone is lvl 60 and you’re lvl 40, heading back to the AH to buy more health potions, broke, and hoping with the health pot you can at least kill a mob out of 4 camp spawns before fearing them and running away, after using your pot.
04/21/2018 07:31 PMPosted by Mordegast
04/14/2018 12:39 AMPosted by Gornoqt
I can't wait to feel that warrior leveling pain again!

Yeah you say that now lol. Just wait till everyone is lvl 60 and you’re lvl 40, heading back to the AH to buy more health potions, broke, and hoping with the health pot you can at least kill a mob out of 4 camp spawns before fearing them and running away, after using your pot.

This reminded me of when I didn't even have enough money to fly. I had to walk. WALK! All the way from wherever back to some far off city or wherever I had to go.

I did not have a Mount. I couldn't afford one.
How to level as a warrior.

Hamstring.

Pull mob with face or bow/gun.

run towards mob, hamstring it and keep running.

wait for your weapon auto attack timer to reset turn around melee and apply rend. keep running. wait for the timer and then turn and apply hamstring and auto attack and keep running.

This method allows you to only get hit once for every time you go into attack and conserves your health a lot and the kill speed remains nearly the same as you only engage when your attack timer resets.

This method is annoying and feels really slow and boring but its very steady and makes levelling a warrior quite easy for anyone.
I like the enthusiasm in the poll for leveling a warrior main, but the percentage of those peeps who actually make it to cap with their warrior will be a small slice.