How to reduce WoW token price

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 Next
04/14/2018 12:35 PMPosted by Elissa
Here's hoping WoW nerfs the heck out of mission tables soon, and that the "war tables" can't be used in the same way going forward.

I am not sure this will ever actually happen. Tokens have been quite profitable for Blizzard and I don't know that it would be wise to do anything to end that.
04/14/2018 06:48 AMPosted by Leprechaùn
good hopefully the price can get to 300 or 400k
I'm holding out for 500k myself.
04/14/2018 07:07 AMPosted by Kolkol
All what they need to do is sperate the WoW balance.. from the Monthly game time..

So there should be 2 options.. first option is buy a 1 month game time with token, second buy a WoW Balance token..

Game times shouldn't cost 200k.. the price is not even worth it for 1month.. i will pay 15$ all day...

"then pay" i'm, but the system really needs a huge tweak or change or something i hope in the future.... sometimes i just wanna play the game and afk i don't wanna play seriously ... even if i have gold cap.. i still won't pay 200k for 1 month.. it's like buying 20x stacks of ore for 20k.. not worth it.

So you'd pay $15/month for the privilege of being gold capped on virtual gold? vs letting the gold let you keep that $15 in your pocket? It's not spending 200k to get a bunch of ore and afk in game, it's spending 200k to get a supreme papa john's pizza in real life by freeing up rl cash for said pizza. :) Or a carne asada pizza if you have a cpk nearby.
04/14/2018 11:40 AMPosted by Empathetic
04/14/2018 11:35 AMPosted by Ziryus

Sure and purely cosmetic gold sinks will appeal to some people, they won't appeal to everyone hording gold.

Well there isn't a thing that appeals to absolutely everyone, but if there's a really nice mount and you are gold capped you might buy it because why not.

There have been gold mounts available for along time, you do understand that WoW tokens convert to blizzard balance which is used for a lot more than just buying cosmetics in WoW now?

For example I could go buy a couple tokens and convert my preorder into a BFA collectors edtion? Which includes some RL things?
The token was never meant to allow everyone who wanted to play without paying money to do so. It is not a problem if tokens become too pricey for you.
04/14/2018 06:58 AMPosted by Empathetic
04/14/2018 06:48 AMPosted by Leprechaùn
good hopefully the price can get to 300 or 400k

Hell no. The price is already high af! Currently, even if u play 7 days a week you need to make 8000g a day to buy a token. But that's unrealistic, u will probably not play 1 or 2 days a week, that means u'll have to make 10,000g a day just to buy a token!

You want someone else to pay their sub + your sub + $5. It's got to be worth it.
04/14/2018 10:04 AMPosted by Phunpolice
04/14/2018 09:56 AMPosted by Rastlin
The price is FIXED by Blizzard, in SECRET, behind the scenes.

If its such a secret then how do you know about it?

04/14/2018 09:58 AMPosted by Empathetic
Everyone underdtands it's supply and demand.

Not everyone does - but I get your idea although I don't think its necessary since the token isn't necessarily expensive. If it's still selling then it hasn't reached its max price yet. We might find out that at 400k people are still buying it and 200k was cheap.

Because I have a LOGICAL brain.

I am CORRECT.
04/14/2018 06:35 AMPosted by Empathetic
So tokens are 200k on my server now. Like 2 months ago they were 160k. The'll probably be like 250k by the time expansion hits. The price is starting to bite. So I have a suggestion to Blizzard on how to make people buy more tokens to sell for gold.

Make some beautiful cosmetic items and mounts/pets and make them expensive, like really expensive. And make the randomly spawning Dalaran gnome sell them, to make them even more coveted. That way, people will buy tokens to sell for gold to get those items.

Tl;dr it's time for another Spider mount, only less ugly and not a spider.
Nah. I think their is a new spider mount coming but with a mailbox, I ain’t too sure tho. it looks like it’s going on the up and up. The economy is player controlled, I think that’s what use to or still does interest a lot of students learning economics to see a fake world being player controlled.
04/14/2018 10:04 AMPosted by Phunpolice
04/14/2018 09:56 AMPosted by Rastlin
The price is FIXED by Blizzard, in SECRET, behind the scenes.

If its such a secret then how do you know about it?

04/14/2018 09:58 AMPosted by Empathetic
Everyone underdtands it's supply and demand.

Not everyone does - but I get your idea although I don't think its necessary since the token isn't necessarily expensive. If it's still selling then it hasn't reached its max price yet. We might find out that at 400k people are still buying it and 200k was cheap.

People are still sitting on millions from garrisons, look on the AH there are a few names that pop up selling a little bit of everything. They dominate the markets, but Blizzard keeps finding ways to pump more and more gold into the game.

That being said, majority of people might have a couple of million between all their characters, so if the token price was because of inflation then it would have a problem since the launch of legion, but it wasn't.

The only thing that has changed from 180k to 200k is less people playing, and more people buying AotC.
Less demand, more supply.
Blizzard could put a price cap on the tokens but that would remove precious MAU hours from their metrics!
04/14/2018 03:27 PMPosted by Peonpaul
Blizzard could put a price cap on the tokens but that would remove precious MAU hours from their metrics!

Alternatively, they could put a price cap on tokens and people would stop buying them and you people would not be able to play at all. Would you prefer that?

At this point I almost wish they would do away with the token-for-sub just so people who haven't the faintest idea how tokens work would go away.
04/14/2018 03:35 PMPosted by Meritha
At this point I almost wish they would do away with the token-for-sub just so people who haven't the faintest idea how tokens work would go away.

I like you. LOL. +1
04/14/2018 03:35 PMPosted by Meritha
04/14/2018 03:27 PMPosted by Peonpaul

Alternatively, they could put a price cap on tokens and people would stop buying them and you people would not be able to play at all. Would you prefer that?

What do you mean "You people?"

I pay with a sub lol but while token prices are determined by basic supply and demand.. Gold was inflated tremendously in WoD by the broken garrison gold farming, they should take that into account and take action when the price gets to absurd.
The token price now stays near 200 K. That seems to be where it settles now.

It won't go up to 250 K in BFA. People always say stuff like that.

It is actually 191 K.

It won't go down for the reason you state. If they put in more expensive mounts, I'd not be paying 20 bucks for less than 200 K gold; That would not seem worth it to me. For example, I'm not going to go nuts and buy 10 of them to get the spider mount since 200 bucks is kind of steep.

If right now, they put in some mounts that were 200 K gold, then the token went down to 100 K gold, I'd not get them. If it stayed at 200 K gold, I would. So your logic is flawed. I'm spoiled, so it has to be at least around 200 K gold for me to think it is worth my 20 bucks.

------------

If blizzard "took action" when the price gets too absurd, then people would not find it worth it to buy them at 20 bucks a pop.
04/14/2018 06:35 AMPosted by Empathetic
So tokens are 200k on my server now. Like 2 months ago they were 160k. The'll probably be like 250k by the time expansion hits. The price is starting to bite. So I have a suggestion to Blizzard on how to make people buy more tokens to sell for gold.

Make some beautiful cosmetic items and mounts/pets and make them expensive, like really expensive. And make the randomly spawning Dalaran gnome sell them, to make them even more coveted. That way, people will buy tokens to sell for gold to get those items.

Tl;dr it's time for another Spider mount, only less ugly and not a spider.

except if ppl knew the market would go up theyd buy em, hold on to em, wait for price increase, then sell em.

the ONLY way prices will drop are when ppl start needing $ and ppl arent greedy sobs and buy as many as they can afford for awhile.
Aren't WoW tokens a region-wide thing? Isn't the price the same on every server? Also, if you stop buying them, the price will go down.
04/14/2018 07:02 AMPosted by Jalanilí
I keep saying, loudly and often into the empty air, that there need to be significantly more gold sinks in the game or the gold inflation thing is going to keep being a problem, potentially tanking the market and losing Blizzard a lot of extra revenue, since every gold token transaction nets them an extra $5 over cash.

WoW Gold is the only thing you can buy with a token, limiting its use severely. Every other Blizzard game inexplicably has its own separate cash-for-currency but a token bought with WoW gold can be used on any other Activision/Blizzard title or service. That sets up a ridiculous imbalance.

Unless the goal is to migrate people out of WoW and into their other games, which it may well be, they either need to keep riding the inflation wave which is what they've been doing so far, putting more and more and more ways to earn nonsense amounts of gold into WoW to balance it a little, or on the other end they need to have significantly more midrange repeatable gold sinks in WoW itself.

I'm not quite sure why they haven't looked at doing the latter, but maybe we'll see something surface in BfA.

And more importantly, there need to be more gold sinks that DONT affect normal players. The items must be things that are nice to have, but provide absolutely no gain outside of cosmetic use. As not to alienate a majority of the player-base.
Yet another post suggesting solutions to a problem that does not exist.

WHO actually NEEDS to use gamegold-bought-tokens? People so poor they can't afford 50c per day for the sub -- and yet have high-speed internet (which costs me $80/mo without TV) that you need that to play the game.

So maybe it is 1% of the players. Any player who NEEDS to save $15/mo is willing to put in a half-hour a day to make the 200k/mo gold. There is no problem.
04/14/2018 06:42 AMPosted by Wasbelf
Not only are they expensive, they are not selling either.

So I guess that is the answer, get more people to play.

I doubt there not selling , If I could hold more than 10 at a time I would , I would like to see the cap raised to 50 at least .