About time wowhead is bought and optimized

General Discussion
its a total drain on my system...and I have a new system
can't tell if serious

If you don't have a scriptblocker, you're screwed, dude. Get uBlock Origin and run a few scans.
Yeah, you need ad/script blockers.

I only use adblocker, it's kept the viruses away, but I never leave wowhead up while I'm playing. Even with adblocker, it starts hogging both my computer and Internet.

CCleaner is your friend, as well.
what does "new system" have to do with not having adblock/ublock?
Agreed with previous posts, just get an ad blocker. There are a lot of sites nowadays that will bog down your system otherwise, Wowhead is just one of them.
Adblocker helps, but still WoWhead is a trash heap of a site and considering its the defacto website for information on WoW stuff I think its a bad look.

Blizzard should buy it and clean it up, run just a small banner ad on the top and thats it.
While i didn't have an adblocker installed yet, now I do (thanks). My message was that maybe Blizzard can buy it since it is the site most commonly used for anything wow related, its atrocious in its current form..
04/14/2018 07:23 AMPosted by Lghtbringer
While i didn't have an adblocker installed yet, now I do (thanks). My message was that maybe Blizzard can buy it since it is the site most commonly used for anything wow related, its atrocious in its current form..

Wowhead is owned by Zam, a large company in their own rights. Blizzard would have to spend an enormous amount of money to purchase and maintain it. Our subs definitely would not cover it. So adblockers is the best way to go.
04/14/2018 07:01 AMPosted by Lghtbringer
its a total drain on my system...and I have a new system

Learn to uBlock Origin, my friend. But whatever you do, don't break down and pay for a "premium" membership. Extortion is not a thing to be encouraged.
I wouldnt know as I refuse to use that site. Once one of their ads
tried to infect my PC with something. I just quit going to it.
They know their ads have that crap in them. But instead of
cleaning their site up. They work in trying to break the programs
that block their ads. They are a bunch of idiots who do not
deserve my time.
04/14/2018 08:44 AMPosted by Eyrinjia
don't break down and pay for a "premium" membership. Extortion is not a thing to be encouraged.

Best advise ^
Just use AdBlock and NoScript.

WoWhead loads up just fine on even my older computers.

Honestly considering how terrible the forums are and in the idea of free press I really dont want Blizzard taking over WoWhead.

WoWhead, the site, is a terrible wasteland of malicious ads and thats on WoWhead to fix or continue to lose profits because they are unwilling to reign it in enough people unblock it.

But its still a place I can go to without Blizzard directly censoring discussion or information and I dont want the silent overlord blues getting reigns over all information outlets.
04/14/2018 09:25 AMPosted by Sincubus

Honestly considering how terrible the forums are and in the idea of free press I really dont want Blizzard taking over WoWhead.

WoWhead, the site, is a terrible wasteland of malicious ads and thats on WoWhead to fix or continue to lose profits because they are unwilling to reign it in enough people unblock it.

But its still a place I can go to without Blizzard directly censoring discussion or information and I dont want the silent overlord blues getting reigns over all information outlets.

The blizzard needs to stop directly endorsing wowhead and directing people there.
wowhead got too popular and sold out to advertisers and crypto mining...

We need allakhazam back!