Alliance High Elves as a Playable Race

General Discussion
Prev 1 125 126 127 151 Next
Are we capped now? O-o
04/18/2018 06:02 PMPosted by Dhumah
Are we capped now? O-o

Not anymore!
AHHH A BLUE RUN GUYS RUN! Oh wait, blues are good. Rad.

Also, hi again.
04/19/2018 02:20 PMPosted by Ythisens
Are we capped now? O-o

Not anymore!

/gasp

Thank you, Ythisens!

Here are links to the two threads we had started in the meantime:
1 - https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20762307650?page=1 (capped)
2 - https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20762267706?page=1 (latest)
FOR QUEL'DOREI!!!

Are we capped now? O-o

Not anymore!

Thank you!
Here there be High Elves.
Thanks guys, sorry we fill it all up too fast.
Are we capped now? O-o

Not anymore!

Thank you guys again!

(Also som troll threads sprung up if you want to deal with those)
woohoo! thanks. harry pops open the letter....what does it say, what does it say
HOLY HANNAH WE ARE BACK! Gonna quote some of my previous musings.

04/19/2018 02:09 PMPosted by Talendrion
I think that I legitimacy don't get the feeling behind Blood Elf players that feel like they would "loose faction identity" or downright feeling robbed if High Elves were playable.

No matter how I try to frame it, even by putting every race in a situation where they would have a cross faction counterpart, I can't really bring myself to care. Draenei? sure give the Horde Sargerei/Eredar, Humans? Alterac humans or human like undead, sure? Worgen? sure, there can be a way to make the worgen curse jump species, maybe into a nightborne?

As long as there is a strong lore reason why this group would cross to the other faction, I am game.

Is it because I play both factions and every development is a win for me? Maybe. I still remember so many alliance players being so pissed about Nightbrone, and I was all "cool"

Void Elves in this manner are nothing alike. I would have been okay if they had been made of high elves tho. The problem with them is that their background lore was simply weak and rushed.

So really I just don't get it. I undertsand it seems to be important to many belf players, but I don't get the whole notion something is being taken from them, that reparations should be made to even entertain the idea. But I know it seems to be a widespread feeling, so regardless of my own feelings, I do think Blizz would choose to address it somehow.

I guess that's why I think the Nightborne treatment would be the way to go for High Elves. The lore behind HE is what is first priority, that's why I think they should be playable on the alliance. Honestly if someone only cares about having the exact same Blood Elf model on the alliance, it's not something I can really get behind. If the model itself is the priority, yeah, just play a Blood Elf.

For me it has never been, that's why my High Elf "characters" have never used the Blood Elf model. So if Blizzard thinks they have to change the HE AR a la NB to make them a thing, i'm 100% on board. Not because I agree that Blood Elf players that consider this an issue have a point, but because it is a widespread notion that could cause backlash. I guess that is a compromise.

But no need to step in anyone else toes when there's a viable option I guess. At the end of the day, a "compromise" is not for us to decide, merely accept, and if Blizzard feels they have to minimize Belf player backlash somehow, so be it.

Also, I feel it's important I say this as a person who mains Horde and whos favorite AR is Zandalari -Yah, even over High Elves, Zandadaddy's were my Horde dream, and HE are my alliance dream. And well... I main Horde so...) Also, I really wish Void Elves had been horde lol, it would have been perfect for my Dark Ranger themed hunter hehehe)
It might say... "Hello, here's some High Elves for the Alliance! Welcome to WoW academy, Quel'dorei."

You can be Griffindor, San'layn can be Slytherin.
Not anymore!
I'm your fan. You have a nice place besides Ornyx on my hearth.
Are we capped now? O-o

Not anymore!

Much appreciated, thank you Ythisens.

I wish I could ask your opinion about something related to this discussion but I imagine that's not something you're at liberty to discuss, unfortunately. Besides, we don't need to be taking things out of context. So, thanks for extending the cap to continue the discussion here. Hope things are going well over at Blizzard.
04/19/2018 02:25 PMPosted by Drede

Wow.
Lol I just realized I hadn't +1 OP, I wonder how many of us have forgot that.
Are we capped now? O-o

Not anymore!

<3
Not anymore!

Thank you guys again!

You tell people to create their own threads because you don't want their opinions in this thread, now you want them banned when they made their own threads?
Blue's be praised!
Are we capped now? O-o

Not anymore!
woo! thanks Ythisens!

Thank you guys again!

I don't particularly see how people making "I don't want this feature" threads is trolling, as long as they have actual arguments that don't equate to "Up yours, got mine."

Whether or not they're actually doing that is up for debate.