Alliance High Elves as a Playable Race

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 151 Next
04/16/2018 10:38 AMPosted by PlayerSYTCMM
A compromise means you give something in return, so what will you give?

Money in character race changes. And, indirectly, subscription money by keeping us hooked up in the game with renewed faith in the company.

Don't push your customers alway thinking they'll always come back. They eventually won't.

I'm this close to stop playing. I had never skipped a single month in WoW, until this year. I've ready skipped play for 5 weeks, and payed the months I did play with WoW Tokens rather than real money.
4:12am, woke up getting ready for work, love seeing how this thread still alive and going, and hope it never ends, showing my support for playable High Elves!

Edit: If we do get Alliance High Elves, I’d prob spend close to 300ish AUD in Race changes and Faction Changes, so they would make a mint on just me alone... plus I’d have to level one from 1-110 for heritage armour and then I’d undoubted sub forever! Lol so they would make money.
What would the class restrictions be? I have a hard time thinking High Elves would be Deathknights, Warlocks, or Demon Hunters.
04/16/2018 11:14 AMPosted by Nagchompa
What would the class restrictions be? I have a hard time thinking High Elves would be Deathknights, Warlocks, or Demon Hunters.

Sure classes: Warrior, Rogue, Mage, Paladin, Priest, Hunter

Likely: Monk

Proposed but controvertial and unlikely: Druid (learned from nelves), Shaman (learned from wildhammer)

Most likely unavailable: Warlock

No way in hell: Death Knight, Demon Hunter
Continuing to refine these, input would be great.

Things to discern High Elves from Blood Elves
Likely alterations/additions-
-Tattoos/Warpaint like Alleria.
-Different Hair/Facial hair styles with Blue/White hair colors and no red hair color.
-Blue Eyes. (Duh!)

Possible Additions/Alterations-
-Different idle stances. Like between Female Night Elves/Nightborne.
-Slightly different physique. Possibly buffer/metier than the average Blood Elf because they mostly live in the forest and/or highly Militarised. About as different as Nightborne males from Night Elf males or less so.
-More practical building designs. Like altered versions of the Lodges.
-Celtic themes to tie it all together.

Recruitment Concept
With the war in full force and the fate of Azeroth in the balance, Valeria seeks to reunite her people under the banner of the Silver Covenant. She ask your help in traveling to the various High Elven settlements to help win them over to her cause as full fledged members of the Alliance.

Also Undead Elves/San'Layn/Dark Ranger because they contrast well with High Elves.

Things to discern Undead Elves from Blood Elves
Likely alterations/additions-
-Black marks under their eyes like Sylvanas.
-Darker more muted hair colors. With White/Grey hair options.
-Grey/Black/White skin.
-Red Eyes.

Possible Additions/Alterations-
-Bandages to hide rot because they are more vain than other undead.
-Slightly skinnier because they are dead. Ribs showing etc.
-Sylvanas's "Banshee" form as a racial. Possibly Vampiric Racials as well?
-Gothic themes to tie it all together.

Recruitment Concept
A small group of San'Layn survived Ice Crown and returned to their homeland to live out their "lives" in peace. They live with other undead elves and have taught them the use of Blood Magic and the powers of Vampirism. Sylvans wants to use their powers to augment her Dark Rangers and tries to get them to join the Horde.

Any additional thoughts?
04/16/2018 11:18 AMPosted by Alamara
04/16/2018 11:14 AMPosted by Nagchompa

Likely: Monk

Proposed but controvertial and unlikely: Druid (learned from nelves), Shaman (learned from wildhammer)

No way in hell: Death Knight, Demon Hunter
Ok that sounds about right and reasonable.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/High_elf

Actually they have Warlocks. They would also be Helfs with green eyes depending how long they have been Warlocks.
04/16/2018 11:10 AMPosted by Alamara
Money in character race changes. And, indirectly, subscription money by keeping us hooked up in the game with renewed faith in the company.

Don't push your customers alway thinking they'll always come back. They eventually won't.

I'm this close to stop playing. I had never skipped a single month in WoW, until this year. I've ready skipped play for 5 weeks, and payed the months I did play with WoW Tokens rather than real money.

Except you already disproved that to be a lie with the fact that you're still here. You already had a race change, and fairly many people already did to the various allied races. And frankly, Blizzard does care a little more about their game than you think, not just about money. The cross-faction race concept is something they regret, and likely won't repeat with blue eyed Blood Elves.

This game has done well in 14 years without the High Elf saviours, and will likely do well without them the coming years.
04/16/2018 11:20 AMPosted by Input

https://wow.gamepedia.com/High_elf

Actually they have Warlocks. They would also be Helfs with green eyes depending how long they have been Warlocks.
That wouldn't make sense considering the fel distinguishes High elves from Blood Elves, hence the green eyes for blood elves.
04/16/2018 11:19 AMPosted by Drede
-Slightly different physique. Possibly buffer/metier than the average Blood Elf because they mostly live in the forest and/or highly Militarised. About as different as Nightborne males from Night Elf males or less so.

Can you please stop spreading these lies. I can accept Half-Elves to be buffed since they are half steroid humans, but High Elves aren't more buff in any way than Blood Elves, especially since they've fought less wars.

Also Undead Elves/San'Layn/Dark Ranger because they contrast well with High Elves.

I'm beginning to fear this evolves into an elf fetish.
A small group of San'Layn survived Ice Crown and returned to their homeland to live out their "lives" in peace. They live with other undead elves and have taught them the use of Blood Magic and the powers of Vampirism. Sylvans wants to use their powers to augment her Dark Rangers and tries to get them to join the Horde.

I liked the concept, probably this will be my next fight, after High Elves.
@ Cannibal

Ion: "Blood elves are pretty much high elves. Void elves are also pretty much another flavor of high elves."

"Are there any major high elf hubs left?"

Ion: "I don't think so. They've basically been assimilated into other cultures."

He’s the Game Director of World of Warcraft.

Your post ^

I understand where you're coming from but there's one large pothole with this post. I wonder how much of this game people actually play and per the people who are against the idea and throw out the above comments or use numbers brings me to believe that you haven't played much of it.

Ion made comments that I'm sorry don't support the source material that is in game. Number one he wasn't always game director so a lot has happened before be became one. However, that doesn't matter. From beginning to end High Elves are involved and for such a "small number" they seem to pop out of nowhere and they're not all the same High Elves. I could show you pics there's so many at the Argent Tournament Grounds vendors, Silver Covenant. There's many in Kirin Tor. Camps all throughout Azeroth. If they were not important or not a race that can stand on it's own, they wouldn't be there aiding the Alliance and playing vital roles to Alliance victories.

Ion is asked:

"Are there any major High Elf Hubs left?

Ion: "I don't think so. They've basically been assimilated into other cultures."

This response alone is sad because in the game there's a spot that is almost a High Elf Hub. Argent Tournament shows a large number of Silver Covenants ( all high elves ) This small encampment is a hub for a military made up of High Elves. Other encampments that are solely filled with High Elves would be considered hubs where they are not "assimilated" into other cultures.

If you have played this game fully which I'm beginning to come to the conclusion that many of you high elf haters haven't based on your comments....If High Elves were not race by themselves, then why would the "Game Director" allow for a scene that separates 3 different Elf races, where all 3 elves are identified as a race of their own be put into the game. By your logic and everyone else's if the High Elves were not a race of their own, then there would be no reason whatsoever to have all three races standing there and spoken to as an individual race of their own.

I believe Ion said comments in interviews where he didn't have the proper information with him going into the interviews and I don't think and I truly believes that he knows now he answered them falsely.

You and others want proof of their numbers, that they're a race of their own, and that they fit the criteria to stand as an allied race ( there's a video on youtube find it, it states their case on criteria) However, everything else is right there in the game. The problem is you and the others have:

A: Overlooked what was right in front of you, ignoring the story and the quest to breeze through your level
B: Don't care about story and that last part just level to level and miss everything sitting right in plains sight.

1. They Have the numbers.
2. They have the leadership.
3. They have the hubs several hubs throughout Azeroth. Might have made a couple off world.
4. Every turn I take a High Elf is there throughout the story.

Can't we stop the hate? ( not directed at you Cannibal ) Stop the insults? Allow the people that want this to just continue to fight for what they believe in without the animosity? And that last one goes for both sides. All if applies to both.

Talk, have discussion, but please stop the comments that we're set in our ways or unwilling to compromise. ALso the skin/eye color arguments are petty and really why are they so important? And no they're not exclusive to horde. Blood elves didn't earn their skin color as if it were a badge or heritage armor. They share a skin color with another race. That's just it. Like me. I'm Native American and I share the same skin color with 100s of tribes throughout the US, Canada, and Mexico. Eye color too and we're able to not fight about it.

High Elves happen they become an allied race...Explain to me why this affects your game play?

Oh and one last thing, can't steal a skin color that was already implemented on two Elven Races. It's also not a slap in the face.
04/16/2018 11:24 AMPosted by Galärad
I liked the concept, probably this will be my next fight, after High Elves.

High Elves, Mag'Har, Undead Elves, Dark Iron Dwarves, and Wildhammer Dwarves are things I've been fighting for.

I guess I'm halfway there?
04/16/2018 11:24 AMPosted by Nagchompa
That wouldn't make sense considering the fel distinguishes High elves from Blood Elves, hence the green eyes for blood elves.

Why not? Warlocks more so elves have always taken on what magic they consume or live around/use. Even in lore not all Belfs went green eyes as they didn't live near the city and used the ley lines. Technically both sides can have the colors. Even human locks could see these effects but elves in general change a lot faster due to magic.
It's funny how you're ripping Ion of his authority on that statement, which proves how irrational you are.

He said Blood Elves are High Elves, something many of us have told you on this topic.

He said they assimilated.

There is basically nothing you can say against him, as he's the highest authority, no matter what try to bring up.

He's saying they aren't a race of their own anymore, not even a culture, which is pretty appearant in-game.

04/16/2018 11:24 AMPosted by Ravndryn
High Elves happen they become an allied race...Explain to me why this affects your game play?

Maybe we don't wont more elves jumping and flipping around all over the place? We can play Horde for that.
In an attempt to get an actual discussion going on here, what if High Elves went in an anti-magical-abuse direction? They could ally themselves with the remnants of the blue (and maybe bronze) dragonflights in order to fight against magicians that threaten the world.

It would actually make sense too, after all, Vereesa and a large number of high elves were recently frozen in time for a lengthy period of time during the assault on the Nighthold. Additionally, we had Archmage Xylem nearly succeed in sucking all of the arcane magic out of Azeroth's leylines, only prevented at the last second by the timely intervention of the heros of Azeroth. Needlessly to say, both of these things could have turned out VERY poorly (remember that Khadgar nearly shattered the flow of time merely releasing Tyrande, who knows what could have happened had the spell gone wrong in the first place)

Forming a say, "Dragon Knights" or something (Hell, they could even still be called Spellbreakers) and having them work closely with the greatly weakened dragonflights would actually give them a very unique roll in the game while not completely discarding their magical affinity, something I'm personally quite against (The Alliance needs a magic race dammit)
04/16/2018 11:29 AMPosted by Input
04/16/2018 11:24 AMPosted by Nagchompa

Why not? Warlocks more so elves have always taken on what magic they consume or live around/use. Even in lore not all Belfs went green eyes as they didn't live near the city and used the ley lines. Technically both sides can have the colors. Even human locks could see these effects but elves in general change a lot faster due to magic.
Don't high elves lean toward arcane magic not fel like the blood elves? I mean that's what I've been hearing in these threads that make High elves different from blood elves. High Elf with green eyes is a blood elf? What would distinguish them besides racials and maybe hair color and tattoos?

They aren't and should not be Paladins.

Firsly, High Elves don't have that tradition, and since you want them to be jungle dwellers, that does not fit them at all.

And secondly, they should not get Paladin nor DK, that way they wouldn't threaten the race diversity on the Alliance.

Bit some of you seem to love the "World of Elfcraft" concept.
04/16/2018 11:34 AMPosted by Nagchompa
Don't high elves lean toward arcane magic not fel like the blood elves? I mean that's what I've been hearing in these threads that make High elves different from blood elves. High Elf with green eyes is a blood elf? What would distinguish them besides racials and maybe hair color and tattoos?

Up until recent they were the same. After Arthas attacked the majority changed its name to honor the dead. They technically share the same everything except for a small time Belfs could mana tap and not even all used it. But that has been gone for a long time now. The only real difference is population size and political reasons. Class wise they would be the same. For exception of demon hunter which came later.