Alliance High Elves as a Playable Race

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 151 Next
04/16/2018 11:29 AMPosted by Drede
04/16/2018 11:24 AMPosted by Galärad
I liked the concept, probably this will be my next fight, after High Elves.

High Elves, Mag'Har, Undead Elves, Dark Iron Dwarves, and Wildhammer Dwarves are things I've been fighting for.

I guess I'm halfway there?

pretty good, I'm all for "nathanos" forsaken, Forest Trolls and Ogres.

04/16/2018 11:31 AMPosted by Ralyrn
(The Alliance needs a magic race dammit)

don't forget the gnomes lol
Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and feedback on this topic over the (numerous!) threads that have come and gone since BlizzCon last year.

As we do with all feedback, we've sent this along to the Development Team, and we will continue to monitor this discussion going forward.

I've gone ahead and upped the cap of this thread pretty significantly, and we'll try to consolidate discussions on this as we can so we can track this more easily. We'll probably pop back in as the thread gets larger to guide folks into a new space to prevent slow load times and such.
Thanks Ornyx
04/16/2018 11:20 AMPosted by Input
04/16/2018 11:18 AMPosted by Alamara
Most likely unavailable: Warlock

https://wow.gamepedia.com/High_elf

Actually they have Warlocks. They would also be Helfs with green eyes depending how long they have been Warlocks.

There's literally one single HE warlock, and he's a class trainer in an area where all class trainers are High Elves. He's there for gameplay reasons.

Playable HE won't have warlock.
04/16/2018 11:41 AMPosted by Ornyx
Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and feedback on this topic over the (numerous!) threads that have come and gone since BlizzCon last year.

As we do with all feedback, we've sent this along to the Development Team, and we will continue to monitor this discussion going forward.

I've gone ahead and upped the cap of this thread pretty significantly, and we'll try to consolidate discussions on this as we can so we can track this more easily. We'll probably pop back in as the thread gets larger to guide folks into a new space to prevent slow load times and such.

Thank you for letting us know you noticed!

And thanks for letting us know you upped the cap!
04/16/2018 11:39 AMPosted by Input
04/16/2018 11:34 AMPosted by Nagchompa
Don't high elves lean toward arcane magic not fel like the blood elves? I mean that's what I've been hearing in these threads that make High elves different from blood elves. High Elf with green eyes is a blood elf? What would distinguish them besides racials and maybe hair color and tattoos?

Up until recent they were the same. After Arthas attacked the majority changed its name to honor the dead. They technically share the same everything except for a small time Belfs could mana tap and not even all used it. But that has been gone for a long time now. The only real difference is population size and political reasons. Class wise they would be the same. For exception of demon hunter which came later.
The Alliance would get blood elves, then the blood elves would scream bloody murder. That'swhy if high elves became playable they probably should have class restrictions.
thank you kindly ornyx

Thank you very much, Ornyx *hugs*

Great to hear! Thanks for the cap increase!
04/16/2018 11:43 AMPosted by Allurien
There's literally one single HE warlock, and he's a class trainer in an area where all class trainers are High Elves. He's there for gameplay reasons.

So is your only High Elf Paladin, therefore you shouldn't get High Elf Paladins. They were never a thing. High Elf Paladin is a Blood Elf thing.
Nice this got a blue to post.
04/16/2018 11:38 AMPosted by PlayerSYTCMM
They aren't and should not be Paladins.

Arator and Rulen Lightsreap say hi.
And the highvale elves are canonically studying the Light with the Draenei.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:Quel%27Danil_Lodge

"We have settled with the high elves of the Quel'Danil Lodge, to the east, to train in the ways of the Light and enjoy the peaceful beauty of this land."

There were no highmountain druids in Legion, and yet they can be druids.
There was never any mention of human druids before, but kul tirans can be druids.

High elves can be paladins because there's nothing in lore preventing them to be.

Sorry about all the mess, Ornyx. Thanks for increasing the cap!
04/16/2018 11:45 AMPosted by PlayerSYTCMM
04/16/2018 11:43 AMPosted by Allurien

So is your only High Elf Paladin, therefore you shouldn't get High Elf Paladins. They were never a thing. High Elf Paladin is a Blood Elf thing.

There are numerous High Elf paladins, actually. I think @Alurna had a pretty nice list saved up somewhere?

Thank you very much, Ornyx. This means a lot to us! :)
04/16/2018 11:46 AMPosted by Allurien
There are numerous High Elf paladins, actually. I think @Alurna had a pretty nice list saved up somewhere?

Except there aren't. There are some paladins in the Paladin Order Hall, but those are Blood Elf SIlver Hand applicants, which is proven by their human skin color, blond hair and green glow on the eyes.

Stop spreading headcanon.

TY for your communication on the matter, while I could care less for high elves, it is nice to see some of our more passionate lore hawks get some input on the game as we know it.
Bah, phone is gonna die I'll check back later :)
04/16/2018 11:14 AMPosted by Nagchompa
What would the class restrictions be? I have a hard time thinking High Elves would be Deathknights, Warlocks, or Demon Hunters.

Honestly the basics of Hunter, Rogue, Mage, Priest and Ideally Paladin plus Monk would be ideally suited to the race.

I've seen some talk that Druid or Shaman could be added for uniqueness and to give the alliance more of those but the 6 I named seem good enough.

You shouldn't be.

If you follow these threads you can see that it's only bumped and maintained by the same people, who me and some other people have delivered compelling arguments. It's a common strategy to simulate what the majority wants, but necessarily does not.

So when you show them these threads, also tell them to read all posts.