Alliance High Elves as a Playable Race

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 151 Next
04/16/2018 11:41 AMPosted by Ornyx
Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and feedback on this topic over the (numerous!) threads that have come and gone since BlizzCon last year.

As we do with all feedback, we've sent this along to the Development Team, and we will continue to monitor this discussion going forward.

I've gone ahead and upped the cap of this thread pretty significantly, and we'll try to consolidate discussions on this as we can so we can track this more easily. We'll probably pop back in as the thread gets larger to guide folks into a new space to prevent slow load times and such.
The Light be blessed!

FOR THE MEMORY OF QUEL'THALAS!
04/16/2018 11:51 AMPosted by Pontifice
FOR THE MEMORY OF QUEL'THALAS!

For the memory of the nation that abandoned the humans during the Second War.

If you're asking for legacy, go play a blood elf.
Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and feedback on this topic over the (numerous!) threads that have come and gone since BlizzCon last year.

As we do with all feedback, we've sent this along to the Development Team, and we will continue to monitor this discussion going forward.

I've gone ahead and upped the cap of this thread pretty significantly, and we'll try to consolidate discussions on this as we can so we can track this more easily. We'll probably pop back in as the thread gets larger to guide folks into a new space to prevent slow load times and such.

The survivors of Arthas' Invasion of Quel'Thalas thank you!

-High Elves.

It is good to know that on some level it does filter to them eventually. Thanks for the thread cap increase.

Thank you Ornyx !
--------
So, I'll put my old Warfront concept that I mix some of my ideas with Alurna's ideas, here we go. if something is too hard to read let me know, english is not my first language, so I can make multiples mistakes.

Requirements to Unlock High Elves:

1 - *Complete the Questline The Battle of Quel'Danil (Warfront Theme)
2 - *Achivement: Champion of Quel'danil
3 - *Complete Questline of Highelves Recruitment

--------------------------

1- START QUESTLINE

QUESTLINE: With the war against the Horde beginning in earnest, Tyrande Whisperwind finds herself reflecting upon the addition of the Highborne to Kaldorei society and her recent work alongside Vereesa Windrunner. With the destruction of Teldrassil, she finds her people have more in common with the High Elves than not. At the Embassy she offers to devote resources towards seeing the High Elves united, to aid the cause of the Alliance. To this end she calls upon the Silver Covenant for aid.

From Vereesa (or whoever leads the Covenant if Vereesa is dead), Tyrande learns the intiative to unite the High Elves has been an on-going one by the Silver Covenant, with failure each time due to a single reason. Many High Elves fear to take an active part in the conflict out of anxiety that the Sin'dorei may cut them off from the power of the Sunwell, forcing the High Elves to endure the pain of withdrawal once more.

Having learned of the Arcan'dor, the Silver Covenant had been seeking out a means to recreate the miraculous cure to magical addiction that served the Nightborne. Tyrande, having learned of this, calls upon the Hero of the Alliance (PC) to aid them They travel to Mount Hyjal, to the shrine of the Guardian, Aessina, the center of the Web of Life.

At the shrine, Tyrande produces an offering to Aessina to call upon her. When the Ancient appears, Vereesa speaks her request, to which Aessina offers an alternative. She will cut out the middle man, restoring balance in the Quel'dorei between magic and nature, in exchange for creating a new shrine to her in the Eastern Kingdoms. She goes on to state she has heard the laments of the forests of those lands for too long and wishes to heal them.

Tyrande and the Silver Covenant arrive at Quel'Danil to find it under attack by the Forsaken, a Val'kyr present with a Scourge artifact to raise the fallen High Elves into the service of Sylvanas as Dark Rangers.

2 - Battle of Quel'Danil (WARFRONT)

The theme of this warfront would be Veeresa leads the Silver Covenant in to the battle to help her kin with the help of the champion and Tyrande.

3 - Recruitment Questline

After the Battle of Quel'Danil, the attack is repelled, but Quel'Danil has been blighted and is uninhabitable. The High Elves take their wounded to Seradane, where a new Shrine to Aessina is created. the Highvales elves and Silver Covenant unite themselves in a single banner and join the Alliance as a new force.

Aessina appears, pleased. She connects the High Elves to the new shrine and through it, to the Emerald Dream, so they started to learn the druid path with the help of the night elves.

The PC returns to Anduin with Tyrande, who informs him of the great honor to have High Elves in the druid path. Although surprised, Anduin thanks Tyrande for her dedication in seeing long-time friends and allies of the Alliance finally freed from their need for magic, and helping to bring them together at last.
WE HAVE BEEN ACKNOWLEDGED BY BLIZZARD!!! GLORY TO THE SILVER COVENANT!!
04/16/2018 11:50 AMPosted by PlayerSYTCMM

You shouldn't be.

If you follow these threads you can see that it's only bumped and maintained by the same people, who me and some other people have delivered compelling arguments. It's a common strategy to simulate what the majority wants, but necessarily does not.

So when you show them these threads, also tell them to read all posts.
Just because there's an argument against something, doesn't mean we don't read it or send it along to the Development Team with notes.

If I look through the threads, there are thousands of contributors over the course of the entire discussion, so your point just doesn't ring true.

I think there are obviously certain people more passionate about certain topics than others, but I personally like to err on the side of "people should be free to discuss what they want, pertaining to the game, as much as they want".

How exciting! Thank you!
04/16/2018 11:43 AMPosted by Allurien
There's literally one single HE warlock, and he's a class trainer in an area where all class trainers are High Elves. He's there for gameplay reasons.

Playable HE won't have warlock.

Coming from a Velf where you have hunters because of Alleria and no Farstriders defected. I dont even know if your claim is true but one is enough because if you see one ingame it usually means there more you not seeing in actual lore.

Inb4 people start quoting this as a confirmation.

04/16/2018 11:59 AMPosted by Input
04/16/2018 11:43 AMPosted by Allurien
There's literally one single HE warlock, and he's a class trainer in an area where all class trainers are High Elves. He's there for gameplay reasons.

Playable HE won't have warlock.

Coming from a Velf where you have hunters because of Alleria and no Farstriders defected. I dont even know if your claim is true but one is enough because if you see one ingame it usually means there more you not seeing in actual lore.

A HE warlock would be the highest definition of a hypocrite.

High Elves splintered off of the Blood Elf population because they had a problem with siphoning the life force out of living things for power. And that's exactly what warlocks do.

That one that exists in dalaran is a slip up on blizzard's end.
04/16/2018 10:50 AMPosted by Caledonii
04/16/2018 10:45 AMPosted by Nunyobidness
Blizzard said they'd be doing the Classic regardless whether anyone played it. Classic's return is primarily about IP protection against rampant theft and challengers, and recovery/restoration/preservation of the original game, not player demand.

I wish you luck, but I don't see a precedent for what's being demanded.

Right, thus why Ion said "You think you want it but you don't" right?

I have no idea what you're talking about. I'm not anti-Classic. I'm pointing out what Blizzard itself has said. You can choose to believe otherwise, but it doesn't make it so.
About a week ago we were brainstorming ideas on musical instruments that can be used for the High Elf themes in this thread:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20762146941?page=1

Mainly things like: fiddle, crwth, bodhrán, and celtic lyra (to differentiate from Blood Elf harp music)

Some examples we gathered in that thread:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOnosezkxsw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBWpB5zlerI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ze6IzipLUc0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INaM813ohL8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDMtRdMTpdo
04/16/2018 11:29 AMPosted by PlayerSYTCMM
It's funny how you're ripping Ion of his authority on that statement, which proves how irrational you are.

He said Blood Elves are High Elves, something many of us have told you on this topic.

He said they assimilated.

There is basically nothing you can say against him, as he's the highest authority, no matter what try to bring up.

He's saying they aren't a race of their own anymore, not even a culture, which is pretty appearant in-game.

It is apparent in the game? Where? Show me?

Like how you pick apart peoples comments and put in what satisfies you and ignore the rest. Interesting kinda says something about you, but we'll leave that part alone.

He said at a blizzcon while on the spot by someone who had no knowledge of the race. Had he had someone to counter his statement I bet you my account he'd changed his answer once, twice, three times.

Sorry but Ion hasn't convinced me they've "assimilated" obviously there's a whole lot of obvious that they haven't.

Reading is so easy to do yet the ability to do it on this topic seems to be difficult.

So I'll type it again...

Ion the Director of the Game allowed, okay'ed, or put it in himself a scene that is very vital to the LORE and to the GAME and it's in Suramar. See this is where I think most of you haven't played all the content. I mean it shows. Quite badly.

In the scene Blood Elves, Night Elves, and High Elves are addressed as separate races of each other. It's clear in the cut scene. Quel'dorei ( high elves ) Sin'dorei ( blood elves ) Night Elves ( Kaldorei ) and the now Nightborne (Shal'dorei ) Those titles separates them from one another.

Silver Covenant still stands by themselves Who have they assimilated with there's no sign of it. High Elves all over Azeroth stand by themselves theres's no assimilation there. I have this weird feeling that Ion doesn't know what the word assimilate means and I bet if you were to ask him that same question now he'd use different words. I'm pretty great at ready people and I'm sure if I sat there and asked him the same question 3 times his answer would have been different 3 times.

How do I know or can say this? Because he's changed his answer on a couple of Q & A's and if he was firm on the "assimilation" stance it would have been locked in his memory and used in every conversation.

See I'm not cherry picking. I'm going with the lore that has been placed in front of me in the game and it's kinda funny that if we're to follow the story as it plays out in game Ion's words do not hold merit. If they want to be valid and proof the he needs to start deleting all the high elves that are in game.

Funny "We" don't want more elves jumping around in the game. But most of you want more orcs and trolls. It's a fantasy game, based on fantasy characters. High elves are a part of that whether you like it or not and when they get here I hope you're mature enough not to through a childish tantrum in the middle of the streets.

Hahaha! We got noticed! So much for spam. Rejoice my fellow Quel'dorei!
04/16/2018 11:56 AMPosted by Ornyx
I think there are obviously certain people more passionate about certain topics than others, but I personally like to err on the side of "people should be free to discuss what they want, pertaining to the game, as much as they want".

As a sysadmin I respect the amount of PR that went into this statement. Random can you give us any dirt on when we get forums like Overwatch cause that would be so much easier to keep track of all of this.
Ornyx:

Just because there's an argument against something, doesn't mean we don't read it or send it along to the Development Team with notes.

If I look through the threads, there are thousands of contributors over the course of the entire discussion, so your point just doesn't ring true.

Why can't I upvote this post?

Damn, why can't I upvote this post more than once? Like, a thousand times?

Thank you, Ornyx! That's the very synthesis of tolerance!
04/16/2018 11:50 AMPosted by PlayerSYTCMM

You shouldn't be.

If you follow these threads you can see that it's only bumped and maintained by the same people, who me and some other people have delivered compelling arguments. It's a common strategy to simulate what the majority wants, but necessarily does not.

So when you show them these threads, also tell them to read all posts.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if people start arguing with you as well. Thanks for extending this thread.

That's good to hear.

At the same time I'm sending the dev team my regards, to defend what belongs to the Horde and the Blood Elves, and not give it away to the Alliance because some people have problem playing on the red team.

04/16/2018 12:02 PMPosted by Ravndryn
He said at a blizzcon while on the spot by someone who had no knowledge of the race. Had he had someone to counter his statement I bet you my account he'd changed his answer once, twice, three times.

You don't need a deep knowlegde of lore to see that Blood- and High Elves are the same. It's obvious that they are, you just need to look at them.

*smokes cigarette in satisfaction*
04/16/2018 12:01 PMPosted by Wiccan
About a week ago we were brainstorming ideas on musical instruments that can be used for the High Elf themes in this thread:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20762146941?page=1

Mainly things like: fiddle, crwth, bodhrán, and celtic lyra (to differentiate from Blood Elf harp music)

Some examples we gathered in that thread:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOnosezkxsw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBWpB5zlerI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ze6IzipLUc0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INaM813ohL8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDMtRdMTpdo

Actually that is a neat idea for the little mini zone they start in. To have slightly different instruments but the familiar tune. I'd love it, and I am not just saying that because I use historic Celtic tribe names for my OOC character names.