When is rp alive?

Moon Guard
Hello. I created this alt on another server to check out the rp, i found one group that does it every Wednesday but had I to leave the game for a while. However I've heard that Moon Guard is pretty active too. Anyway my questionis when exactly is rp alive, is it only during the first part of the new expansions, while questing is still fresh? I play as a ne so obviously I like their lore and Legion would have been perfect for that, however my main server doesn't even do it and I only started playing legion in May of last year.

Anyway I was flying through Feralas yesterday and thought that it would have been nice to rp through here or any of the ne lands especially during vanilla but I missed that (i started playing in 07) and we are about to go through a major shift in the next expansion.

So does anyone still do active rp or should I want till the next expansion?
New to it myself, and I've seen tons of RP going on. Actually, it's easier to find more RPers at the end of an expansion cycle when all the PvE things people wanted to do are done and we're just waiting on the next expansion content. Most people advert in SW, which also has things going on, and I've heard of a few Night Elf groups that use Feathermoon Stronghold and another spot in Feralas regularly!
I'd recommend floating around on the forums if you're looking for a NE specific group to RP with, but I'd wager that one or two may come to you due to this post. Other than that, it's really about the hours you play. If you play early in the day, you aren't going to find many people. Logging on around peak hours (I'd say from 6pm - 11pm), you'll find a plethora of people standing around in Stormwind. If that isn't to your liking, you could always try and form your own group to go out and RP in Feralas or wherever you'd like.

RP is honestly what you make it. Sitting around on your hands, waiting for people to come up to you will only garner disappointment. Sometimes you've gotta start things yourself.
04/02/2018 07:25 AMPosted by Elissa
New to it myself, and I've seen tons of RP going on. Actually, it's easier to find more RPers at the end of an expansion cycle when all the PvE things people wanted to do are done and we're just waiting on the next expansion content. Most people advert in SW, which also has things going on, and I've heard of a few Night Elf groups that use Feathermoon Stronghold and another spot in Feralas regularly!

Well that's good to hear. I might have to hop on to moon guard more often then to see what's up. I'll keep my eye out for those groups. What I'd like to do is join using my battle tag because my main is in another realm.

04/02/2018 07:43 AMPosted by Everoy

RP is honestly what you make it. Sitting around on your hands, waiting for people to come up to you will only garner disappointment. Sometimes you've gotta start things yourself.

You make a good point, I'm just so new to it that I would rather join someone else's first to see how it's done. In fact I've only ever done it once but I'd love to keep going.
All I can really recommend, other than walking around Stormwind at peak hours and finding a group and just hopping in, is to join a guild. A lot of guilds will post up in Cathedral Square, and you can walk-up and inquire about the guild and so on. That's generally how I go about finding reliable sources of RP.
Moonguard is active the following times:

Monday:
12 AM to 11 PM
Tuesday:
12 AM to 11 PM
Wednesday:
12 AM to 11 PM
Thursday:
12 AM to 11 PM
Friday:
12 AM to 11 PM
Saturday:
12 AM to 11 PM
Sunday:
12 AM to 11 PM
04/02/2018 01:31 PMPosted by Kaceys

Monday:
12 AM to 11 PM
Tuesday:
12 AM to 11 PM
Wednesday:
12 AM to 11 PM
Thursday:
12 AM to 11 PM
Friday:
12 AM to 11 PM
Saturday:
12 AM to 11 PM
Sunday:
12 AM to 11 PM

I was on last night and our was still pretty active. My main characters are on The Scryers which has a low population so our was odd to see such a high concentration of people in one place like Goldshire or even in Teldrissil.
04/03/2018 04:13 AMPosted by Floraria
04/02/2018 01:31 PMPosted by Kaceys

Monday:
12 AM to 11 PM
Tuesday:
12 AM to 11 PM
Wednesday:
12 AM to 11 PM
Thursday:
12 AM to 11 PM
Friday:
12 AM to 11 PM
Saturday:
12 AM to 11 PM
Sunday:
12 AM to 11 PM

I was on last night and our was still pretty active. My main characters are on The Scryers which has a low population so our was odd to see such a high concentration of people in one place like Goldshire or even in Teldrissil.

Gasps, I used to be on that server.
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in Cata when it and ArgentDawn were active servers...............

Yup. MoonGuard is a roleplayer's heaven.

Lots of activity and the nicest of nice communities you'll find in the game!
The only thing that could possibly beat this realm is a scottish realm just because of the accents.