Why can't I buy a legendary?

General Discussion
I have over 1,000 of the tokens on two toons each, but can't purchase a legendary. Why is this?
wrong vendor?
it would help to know what errors you are getting? We cannot read minds.

Have you tried going to the vendor in Dalaran(New)?
Just for sanity's sake, which currency are you referring to?
are you at the right vendor? are you sure it's the right currency?
/popcorn

/munch munch

Can't wait to see how the plot develops in this thread!
04/02/2018 10:29 AMPosted by Azevara
Just for sanity's sake, which currency are you referring to?

LOL
You need wakening essence for the legendary token, at the blacksmith in Dalaran. Just in case you’re confusing it with veiled argunite which is for 910 gear tokens on the Vindicar.
What the Green said.
04/02/2018 10:42 AMPosted by Kozzae
You need wakening essence for the legendary token, at the blacksmith in Dalaran. Just in case you’re confusing it with veiled argunite which is for 910 gear tokens on the Vindicar.
troll rogue represent.
is this some manner of troll thread???
So wait you have 500 on each toon? Are you asking why the currency isn't Bind on Account? In any case that is why you can't buy it you need 1000 on a single toon not 500 on each toon.
So I have 1,000 wakening essence on two toons (so each one has 1,000 tokens) and on both of them, I cannot purchase a legendary token from the vendor in Dalaran.

As far as I knew, I could build up 1,000 over time and use them to purchase a random legendary. Is that wrong?

Sorry for the late post, had to go to work :(
04/02/2018 01:45 PMPosted by Holystryke
So I have 1,000 wakening essence on two toons (so each one has 1,000 tokens) and on both of them, I cannot purchase a legendary token from the vendor in Dalaran.

As far as I knew, I could build up 1,000 over time and use them to purchase a random legendary. Is that wrong?

what kind of error message is it giving you???
Submit a bug report ingame - you can collect well over 1000+ Wakening Esscences and you should be able to go to the Elf in the blacksmith shop, open his vendor screen, and buy a legendary generating item.

You don't get to pick which one though - it is just RNG.
So when I go to the vendor, it only gives me two options: Train Me and the purchase goods option. There is nothing related to legendaries.
04/02/2018 01:45 PMPosted by Holystryke

So you don't see the two items that the vendor in Dalaran sells, the one for 300 wakening essences to upgrade an older legendary, and the one for 1000 wakening essences that will create a random legendary for you?

Or do you see both items but can't purchase the 1000 one?

Inquiring bovine minds need the answers to these important questions, as our powers of mind reading are, well, a little bit subpar due to our large, thick heads.

/moo
04/02/2018 01:49 PMPosted by Holystryke
So when I go to the vendor, it only gives me two options: Train Me and the purchase goods option. There is nothing related to legendaries.

The legendary tokens are a vendor item, used the option to purchase goods, that vendor only sells 2 things. The legendary upgrade token and the random legendary token. The items are no longer acquired through the quests the vendor used to give.
04/02/2018 01:49 PMPosted by Holystryke

Chose the purchase goods options, then you should see the two things he sells that I described above.