Stackable Soul Shards.

Classic Discussion
Its a small simple change, yet I know it won't be "Vanilla Vanilla" but I think it will ease life just a little.
You know what else would ease life in a video game?

LFR
Heirlooms
Cross realm servers!
Cross realm BGs
Server transfers!

No
you already got access to 28 slot soul shard bags with MC mats, or 24 without
the biggest general use bags were 18 slots; but you'd only get up to 16 if you didn't get one from a raid or weren't rich

edit: I played as a warlock from 1-60 and at 60 for quite some time for while on a private vanilla WoW server, which was the most blizzlike at the time, and I even raided with him, and I tell you, soul shards not stacking was not a problem for vanilla WoW, and I never even had a 24 slot soul shard bag! I'd settled for 20 slots because it was cheaper

there WERE other warlocks in the raid, and not everyone constantly wanted to have healthstones, and if they did, then you could cast soul drain right before every raid mob dies

asking for bad talents to not be bad is one thing, but a warlock(or anyone) asking for more bag space is something else
LFR, Hierlooms, Etc. are major Changes I don't see how stackable Soul Shards is a bad Idea it doesn't change any type of fundamental's in the game.
Thank you Omguronfire your on my don't kill list <3.
04/09/2018 03:55 PMPosted by Hendochann
Its a small simple change

It's a monumental change for Warlocks. Do Hunters get to stack all their ammo into one slot as well?
04/09/2018 04:11 PMPosted by Hushups

It's a monumental change for Warlocks. Do Hunters get to stack all their ammo into one slot as well?

Sure its a monumental change, it helps preserve bag space which could be a struggle since you need to travel a lot in vanilla. That's why everyone can put their opinion on this topic and see how it goes :) Although the hunter ammo slot is kind of different since you can buy a huge bulk of ammo and stack them until a new slot is filled. With warlocks you drain through soul shards like its nothing and then you are forced to regain them again taking a bulk amount of your time. It is something that can be argued tho of course.

To better improve realism, Blizzard should cap the number of arrows a hunter can carry at 20.

After all... medieval archers couldn't realistically carry 1,000 arrows and neither should you.

*grin*

Very few things are as small and simple as players think. (In this case my reaction was ... did they EVER make them stackable, or did they leap right to making them a resource limited to three that wasn't an inventory item?)
04/09/2018 04:05 PMPosted by Omguronfire
04/09/2018 03:56 PMPosted by Mordegast
You know what else would ease life in a video game?

LFR
Heirlooms
Cross realm servers!
Cross realm BGs
Server transfers!

No

This forum is about recommending ideas, and I hate scum's like yourself, stop being a prick and just feeding for other morons to like your "no changes" post. Something like this is a good, suggestion everyone should put their opinions on, he doesn't need your garbage criticism. Soul shard stacking has nothing to do with what you said. If everyone was about "no changes" which I support, but I am not a douche or a toxic purist like yourself, then hell, making the servers smooth, and everyone having a good PC is a change, better internet is a change, purists recommending 1.12 starts is a change, but they never criticize themselves because they always think their right. Go buy a !@#$ing toaster from 2002 and start playing again, downgrade your wifi to its lowest package, and get a box monitor, oh and make tickets to blizzard everyday bombarding them and yelling at them to not make better servers, we hate smooth servers, #nochanges am i right? Moron....

Oh and by the way, he doesn't even have a single achievement before 2012, just saying, I have 3 accounts that have 2008 achieves when they first came out. He probably hasn't even touched Vanilla, BC, or Wrath before, maybe even Cata since MoP came out in 2012. This guy is a joke.

It's no huge surprise that the warlock wants soul shards to stack, right? Even less of a surprise is the fact that he apparently wants to claim that hunters having to give up bag space to hold ammo is somehow "different".
Soul shards aren't that big a deal. You don't need to completely fill your bags with them. You keep getting them as you go along killing things. They're part of the class fantasy. Same as hunter ammo or other such examples.
I didn't know stackable Shards is going end WoW Classic Project, SHUT HER DOWN BOYS! BFA it is.
04/09/2018 04:30 PMPosted by Hendochann
I didn't know stackable Shards is going end WoW Classic Project, SHUT HER DOWN BOYS! BFA it is.
Oh no, someone is throwing a tantrum. Quick! Give him a Legion teet to suck on.

There you go little one. Plenty of soul shard stacking to calm you down.
04/09/2018 04:20 PMPosted by Ratsmats
04/09/2018 04:05 PMPosted by Omguronfire

This forum is about recommending ideas, and I hate scum's like yourself, stop being a prick and just feeding for other morons to like your "no changes" post. Something like this is a good, suggestion everyone should put their opinions on, he doesn't need your garbage criticism. Soul shard stacking has nothing to do with what you said. If everyone was about "no changes" which I support, but I am not a douche or a toxic purist like yourself, then hell, making the servers smooth, and everyone having a good PC is a change, better internet is a change, purists recommending 1.12 starts is a change, but they never criticize themselves because they always think their right. Go buy a !@#$ing toaster from 2002 and start playing again, downgrade your wifi to its lowest package, and get a box monitor, oh and make tickets to blizzard everyday bombarding them and yelling at them to not make better servers, we hate smooth servers, #nochanges am i right? Moron....

Oh and by the way, he doesn't even have a single achievement before 2012, just saying, I have 3 accounts that have 2008 achieves when they first came out. He probably hasn't even touched Vanilla, BC, or Wrath before, maybe even Cata since MoP came out in 2012. This guy is a joke.

It's no huge surprise that the warlock wants soul shards to stack, right? Even less of a surprise is the fact that he apparently wants to claim that hunters having to give up bag space to hold ammo is somehow "different".

I don't actually play warlock, i have like 10 110 toons, this is a random level 100. Stop being a moron and face facts. Ammo is actually different compared to shards, shards come with spells and must be regained, ammo is purchased and is used no matter what even without using spells. Bag space is more of a problem for locks.
04/09/2018 04:45 PMPosted by Omguronfire
04/09/2018 04:20 PMPosted by Ratsmats

I don't actually play warlock, i have like 10 110 toons, this is a random level 100. Stop being a moron and face facts. Ammo is actually different compared to shards, shards come with spells and must be regained, ammo is purchased and is used no matter what even without using spells. Bag space is more of a problem for locks.

If you cannot handle the bag space issue, then don't play a warlock.
04/09/2018 04:15 PMPosted by Omguronfire

Sure its a monumental change, it helps preserve bag space which could be a struggle since you need to travel a lot in vanilla. That's why everyone can put their opinion on this topic and see how it goes :) Although the hunter ammo slot is kind of different since you can buy a huge bulk of ammo and stack them until a new slot is filled. With warlocks you drain through soul shards like its nothing and then you are forced to regain them again taking a bulk amount of your time. It is something that can be argued tho of course.

You said everyone can put their opinion on a topic which is correct. But by seeing how badly you went off on Mordegast, I suppose only people who agree with your opinion is free to give theirs? I mean, he was merely stating his opinion as well was he not? Your post to him was way out of line also. Sure, disagree with him if you like. It’s your right of course. But to go off the way you did was uncalled for.

As to the topic at hand, I mained a warlock for a long time during Vanilla. Did soulshards not stacking suck a bit? Of course it did. But as others stated you get bags specifically for them later on that hold a lot. I raided back then as well and remember going out for about an hour before every raid to farm them. I plan to make another warlock when Classic launches because it was hands down the most fun I have had with any class in any game. I don’t feel soulshards need to stack. It was par for the course in Vanilla and I don’t feel it needs to be changed personally. That is my opinion.
as a warlock from vanilla I think its not a good idea to change this for the sole purpose that it will negate the need for the soul shard bags. which was a big deal back in the day. we would have to remove them from the game to make this change make sense. I understand where the op is coming from but it would require to many changes and item removals from the game to make this idea make sense game wise.
Let us not fix what is not broken.

If we give warlocks stackable soul shards so they don't have to have soul shard bags, then we would have to give hunters high number stacking ammo so they don't have to have quivers... Slippery slope at its finest. If you don't want to have to worry about wasting space on soulshards, you can always play retail; you never have to worry about it. As for Vanilla, there is just no need to make changes like that.
Its part of the class. And bag space wise there are other classes that have restraints to even if its not a mechanic. I played a rogue back then and i think Flash powder stacked to 5, or maybe 10, but atleast two to three slots would be reserved for that, you would set aside slots for your poisons as well...the fisher-price changes that came after TBC have no place in Classic wow.