Stackable Soul Shards.

Classic Discussion
I'd much rather incorporate the old vanilla addon "soul stamp" into the game than create stackable shards....

What was this magically addon you ask?

All it did was rename your shards from a generic "soul shard" after the mob or player from whence it came...

If I killed a Defias Pillager, the shard would be named "Defias Pillager"

If I killed the paladin directly above me (no hate, just an example), I'd have a shard named "Kinetics" in my bags.

It was a glorious addon that added flavor to the shard system, and let me play my own warped version of pokemon in bgs, as I "tried to catch them all".

Stackable shards aren't really needed, and I'm saying that as a former lock main from Vanilla...
04/09/2018 05:51 PMPosted by Åpocalypse
I'd much rather incorporate the old vanilla addon "soul stamp" into the game than create stackable shards....

What was this magically addon you ask?

All it did was rename your shards from a generic "soul shard" after the mob or player from whence it came...

If I killed a Defias Pillager, the shard would be named "Defias Pillager"

If I killed the paladin directly above me (no hate, just an example), I'd have a shard named "Kinetics" in my bags.

It was a glorious addon that added flavor to the shard system, and let me play my own warped version of pokemon in bgs, as I "tried to catch them all".

Stackable shards aren't really needed, and I'm saying that as a former lock main from Vanilla...

Lol, I never heard of that mod before actually. Sounds kind of cool.

Way back when I got the Necrosis mod only because I liked how my lock would say certain things when she summoned her minions or players. I thought it was the coolest thing ever until I decided to reroll to a PvP server late in Vanilla. That mod got me ganked and found too many times. I can't remember if I completely stopped using the mod or if I turned the feature off somehow. Enjoyed it for a while though :-)
04/09/2018 04:05 PMPosted by Omguronfire
04/09/2018 03:56 PMPosted by Mordegast
You know what else would ease life in a video game?

LFR
Heirlooms
Cross realm servers!
Cross realm BGs
Server transfers!

No

This forum is about recommending ideas, and I hate scum's like yourself, stop being a prick and just feeding for other morons to like your "no changes" post. Something like this is a good, suggestion everyone should put their opinions on, he doesn't need your garbage criticism. Soul shard stacking has nothing to do with what you said. If everyone was about "no changes" which I support, but I am not a douche or a toxic purist like yourself, then hell, making the servers smooth, and everyone having a good PC is a change, better internet is a change, purists recommending 1.12 starts is a change, but they never criticize themselves because they always think their right. Go buy a !@#$ing toaster from 2002 and start playing again, downgrade your wifi to its lowest package, and get a box monitor, oh and make tickets to blizzard everyday bombarding them and yelling at them to not make better servers, we hate smooth servers, #nochanges am i right? Moron....

Oh and by the way, he doesn't even have a single achievement before 2012, just saying, I have 3 accounts that have 2008 achieves when they first came out. He probably hasn't even touched Vanilla, BC, or Wrath before, maybe even Cata since MoP came out in 2012. This guy is a joke.

Umad!?

<insert peanut butter jelly banana dance >
04/09/2018 03:55 PMPosted by Hendochann
Its a small simple change, yet I know it won't be "Vanilla Vanilla" but I think it will ease life just a little.

No.
gotta say no to this one.

do it and you have to remove the items that this affects. and then you have to do it for hunters too because it isnt different. its a mechanic that you have to use up alot of bag slots to function correctly. its baked into the class.

it would be too many changes.
Why not higher stack Ammo for Hunters, Higher stack Vanish powder and the Items used for the Mass fort buff ect and everyone is happy.
04/09/2018 06:34 PMPosted by Hendochann
Why not higher stack Ammo for Hunters, Higher stack Vanish powder and the Items used for the Mass fort buff ect and everyone is happy.

Because we don't want those QoL changes. Leave Vanilla as Vanilla. Don't fix what is not broken. You can go to Retail if you want QoL. Putting in QoL changes will take away from the immersive nature that was Vanilla.
Step 1 : Stackable
Step 2 : Increase stack quantity
Step 3 : Unlimited charges
Step 4 : Eliminate them
04/09/2018 08:13 PMPosted by Wife

you forgot
Step 5 : ???
Step 6 : Profit
This isn't even a Change vs No Change argument. Soul Shards as items were part of the Warlock game play until Cataclysm. That means Warlocks managed their usage from the outset of the game thru two expansions, or, the first SIX YEARS of WoW's existence.

They figured it out. You'll figure it out too. Or you just won't play one. But no matter how you slice it, changes like what you're describing have no place in "Classic" and certainly not in Vanilla. It's not even a change that ever actually happened which means you're asking for something completely foreign to any iteration of WoW that ever existed.
Its a small simple change, yet I know it won't be "Vanilla Vanilla" but I think it will ease life just a little.

get 2 soul bags= problem solved.
Would be nice if I was a vanilla lock and I can take all my shards to a bank alt and when I need them, mail them all back over lol. Can't hunters already do that with ammo? Well, unless if those arrows are soulbound lol
Stackable shards mean less inventory management. Sounds like nothing but it was part of vanilla. How about armor stacks so that off tanks in raids dont need to leave resist tank gear in the bank because they already have dps and tank gear in their bags?

Thats why we don't want any changes, you can make an argument for about anything.
04/09/2018 08:13 PMPosted by Wife

This has been the blizz way. That's why we scream NO changes!
04/09/2018 05:33 PMPosted by Partypooper
Let us not fix what is not broken.

04/09/2018 05:40 PMPosted by Kinetics
Its part of the class.

04/09/2018 05:23 PMPosted by Magiofchaos
I think its not a good idea to change this

04/09/2018 04:03 PMPosted by Tarregor
you already got access to 28 slot soul shard bags with MC mats, or 24 without
I will be maining a Warlock, and I don't even want that. Leave Classic = Vanilla pleaseandthanksevasomuch.
Why do raiders feel like the game has to be changed to suit their needs?
I could give a !@#$ if they make it stackable or not. If it Soul Shards being stackable or unstackable is going to ruin the game for you then you need to probably just quit playing video games all together.

No.

It's part of the Warlock Vanilla fantasy to spend 10-20 minutes farming shards before doing BG's or any type of content. Don't spend them all in one place ya' hear?

And enjoy having no bag space ever. MC soul shard bag or not.

Go away

Sorry, a little defensive about warlocks. Finally getting my favorite class back and i do not want any changes to them.