"Man, Legion PvP was so good"

Arenas
A year from now, once the harsh realities of BFA have set in and participation is even lower than today, what are the chances people will conjure up references to Legion PvP as benchmarks of a better time?

We're losing Artifact traits (nearly 30 of them), Artifact Abilities, Legendary interactions, tier and set bonuses and a good deal of our PvP toolkits (RIP Gust of Wind and Displacer Beast). Do you think we'll be wishing we had 10 entire buttons in arena again?
Actually months from now
I find it hard to belive that PvP get get any worse at this point. At least with the upcoming expansion - we are getting Conquest Points back along with a new talent template which was data mined back in February I believe. This eliminates a huge issue as getting random gear was unenjoyable. Prestige and Honour Talents are becoming account wide as well which will be better for people who play at a high rating and don't want the grind. I don't mind gear grinding, it's a lot better than artifact farming and it ceases at a certain point.
Almost all of the traits are passive and really only increase damage/healing on abilities you already have anyway. PvP traits aren't even released yet either.

Not that I have much faith in Blizzard, but the reasons you've listed seem pointless.
I JUST wanna cocoon... while stunned lemme git dat back plz ill stop complainin
da git gud mage will play regardless cuz he got nothing else to do other than to GIT GUD
04/09/2018 11:07 PMPosted by Gaspedalmonk
Man, that was the main thing I wanted back when mistwalk got pruned... and instead... they gave us fort brew... which was also not usable while stunned... Trollolol.

04/09/2018 11:16 PMPosted by Ruthlessmage
da git gud mage will play regardless cuz he got nothing else to do other than to GIT GUD
Know dem feels.
When you say 30 traits on our weapon r u referring to the 27 passive stat increases as well?
04/09/2018 11:39 PMPosted by Thiell
When you say 30 traits on our weapon r u referring to the 27 passive stat increases as well?

Yes. Many are not just "passive" - they fundamentally change the way a spell functions. Take the self-healing portion of Touch of Karma, the insanity-generating tentacle proc for Shadow Priest or the trait that allows Touch of Death damage to be contributed to during the debuff window. Albeit passive, these are important modifiers that add depth to gameplay. Not every trait is as bland as "Rupture now has a 1% increased chance to crit". On the more PvE side of the fence, losing legendary interactions can be a big nerf to the complexity of rotations too; take the rogue vanish-crit shoulders, shaman element-twisting ring etc. Set bonuses also add some spice to what has lamentably trended down to be essentially 4-button rotations.

BFA is taking away a lot more than its giving. Netherlight Crucible on gear (also giving some pretty static passives) can not fill the void of losing Artifact traits, set-bonuses and legendary interactions. And it's not like we can even sigh some relief at the loss of the AP grind. It's merely being replaced by the Azerite grind. The removal of PvP servers, the nerfs to cooldown globals, the lack of meaningful participation generators and the outright removal of several PvP-critical abilities (ayy, more pruning) all point towards design decisions likely to make BFA's PvP worse than Legion's.

At least some spec-specific buffs are returning which might mitigate some degree of class stacking -.-
lol. Can anyone explain what's good in PvP right now? )
Still be better than WoD.
hey bud just an fyi some artifact traits are getting baked in passively to abilities

so why dont you calm it on down
Anyone with a brain knows not to preorder BFA. Even the shills are having a hard time covering up how terrible the game is.
04/10/2018 06:10 AMPosted by Rorke
Anyone with a brain knows not to preorder BFA. Even the shills are having a hard time covering up how terrible the game is.

like u covering up the arena floor with ravager
04/10/2018 06:13 AMPosted by Blockaflocka
like u covering up the arena floor with ravager

like ravager would ever actually get played.
04/10/2018 04:04 AMPosted by Blindtko
04/09/2018 11:39 PMPosted by Thiell

Yes. Many are not just "passive" - they fundamentally change the way a spell functions. Take the self-healing portion of Touch of Karma, the insanity-generating tentacle proc for Shadow Priest or the trait that allows Touch of Death damage to be contributed to during the debuff window. Albeit passive, these are important modifiers that add depth to gameplay. Not every trait is as bland as "Rupture now has a 1% increased chance to crit". On the more PvE side of the fence, losing legendary interactions can be a big nerf to the complexity of rotations too; take the rogue vanish-crit shoulders, shaman element-twisting ring etc. Set bonuses also add some spice to what has lamentably trended down to be essentially 4-button rotations.

BFA is taking away a lot more than its giving. Netherlight Crucible on gear (also giving some pretty static passives) can not fill the void of losing Artifact traits, set-bonuses and legendary interactions. And it's not like we can even sigh some relief at the loss of the AP grind. It's merely being replaced by the Azerite grind. The removal of PvP servers, the nerfs to cooldown globals, the lack of meaningful participation generators and the outright removal of several PvP-critical abilities (ayy, more pruning) all point towards design decisions likely to make BFA's PvP worse than Legion's.

At least some spec-specific buffs are returning which might mitigate some degree of class stacking -.-

Why are you talking about legendaries, set bonuses, and the netherlight crucible on the arena forums m8. Like I get ur point but these don’t affect arenas at all

This would be nice but Way has to change - should be pre-stun immunity imo not a trinket.
Honestly Legion was significantly better than WoD. Yeah the RNG gearing blew, but at least there were more than 3 tier 1 comps. Every spec in the game has a R1 viable comp, and the tournament meta is far more varied than in any other expansion (hopefully people remember tournies with 7/8 teams being RMP).

Even with the glaring Legion issues: Prunening, lower outplay potential, healing sucks, 100% melee uptime, Wizard comps not reliant on Setups, someone thinking the game needed Demon Hunters of all things... it's still been a pretty fun expansion. (I mean seriously, what game adds SIMPLER classes/characters as time goes on? Why add a training-wheels class when people have been playing for 10 years? That class slot should have gone to a super high skill ceiling risk/reward class that's hard to play well)

BfA is pretty fun on alpha even though many specs are changed very little. I'm going to play it like always and have fun because there's no other game that captures RPG PvP like WoW. Plus Island Expansions seem really fun to fill the gap between PvP queues.
seeing as how people are defending this garbage expansion and its garbage seasons when they're actually current, yeah

same