Sets released soon!

Arenas
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
New insider info .... ensembles set to release on the third......

September 3rd 2018™
03/31/2018 02:23 PMPosted by Bloodpath
03/28/2018 10:20 PMPosted by Twoshotz
Meh i said it once and ill say it again if pvp gets no major attention pre bfa and during im out, done wasting money on a company that doesnt care about its community other than dragon slayers, pvp is almost irrelevant at this point not even worth it there is no fun or reward just use a crap lfg system waste hours to que for nothing other than being in the match its stupid, try to push glad or r1 with randoms is all it is anymore its so outdated and boring

ok heres the thing tho

blizz does care about pvp

i say this because they are in some ways behaving as though they do. if they legitimately didn't care about pvp, why would they absorb GCD in 2016, why would they massively increase the tournament prize pools, why would they drastically increase the amount of tournaments per year, hire Rich to cast full time, etc

the company is spending money on pvp so at least part of blizzard thinks it is worth investing in

perhaps the part of blizzard that interacts with the community pvp/ladder aspect/etc aka the non-competitive scene is just on the wrong page or being managed by turds

Yeah they care about the money portion and professional players side of the game. Also their rewards are money and fame, im talking from the perspective of actually playing the game as a normal person
I would have liked an update that sets will be released today followed by an April fools just to see the reaction although I suppose it's the second now, close enough.
They should just release them with titles tomorrow
I sincerely hope we get another update regarding the ensemble releases. I believe it was about 2 weeks ago now that we had the initial update from Blizzard saying they heard our feedback and would look to release the sets Soon™er than later, but it was discouraging to also be told that there was no time table to give us.

On one hand, I get it. I've done my share of programming, I understand it is not as simple as hitting button. I do not want ensembles to be enabled and then my FPS drops like a college student in finals week like it did when world scaling was introduced for the leveling update. Spaghetti code from years upon years can make the most wonky stuff occur. And on top of that it is usually better to under-promise than over-promise. Set the bar low and there is not a lot players can get much more upset or disappointed at, so it is easier to manage and put on the backburner if needed.

On the other hand, some of us (like myself) have been waiting since Legion Season 5. It is frustrating enough to have to wait this long as it is, but the possibility for waiting up to another 5 months is mind numbing. And while I know implementing a hotfix is not as simple as pressing a button, it feels like there would be some protocol or practice in place since this game has been around for 13 years now to help cover situations like this. I want to give Blizzard the benefit of the doubt, but between the long time the game has been out and the vast amount of resources Blizzard has at its disposal since it is a large organization and not some small indie company anymore, it makes it harder for a lot of us to give sympathy.

I think most reasonable players did not think a fix would happen overnight after the initial post or even the following Tuesday maintenance. But beyond 2 weeks I think is when players begin to lose faith and feel ignored since there is a perception that Blizzard has a lot of power in what they can do with their game but just choose to prioritize anything else first.
It has almost been two weeks since the “probably won’t happen in the next week or two” comment so I hope we get an update relatively soon.

I felt it was reasonable to give them at least these two weeks because they were probably doing a lot of work to ensure titles/mounts get rewarded correctly, but I do not see this as something that should take much longer to test and implement.
04/02/2018 06:37 AMPosted by Dralas
I think most reasonable players did not think a fix would happen overnight after the initial post or even the following Tuesday maintenance. But beyond 2 weeks I think is when players begin to lose faith and feel ignored since there is a perception that Blizzard has a lot of power in what they can do with their game but just choose to prioritize anything else first.

This.

I've already gotten bored of current content. My Argus trinket has been 1000 iL for a couple months, now, and I'm finding no reason to continue to do PvE (M+, heroic, etc).

I've moved my focus from PvE to PvP, and while I've been pretty patient throughout S5 to now, I'm realizing the only thing I have left to look forward to, in this game, is the release of the last elite ensemble we'll be getting in this expansion.

I pay for 3 accounts, and it's been years since I've let my sub lapse. This may be the first time in quite a while that I actually go dark until, since all I do in WoW anymore is AFK. Reminds me of the home stretch of WoD, except I don't even have Rep to grind.
"soon"
Imagine the outrageous posts tomorrow when the sets don't release
They on the vendor fam. We did it team
Can confirm the elite ensembles were released today! Screenshot to provide proof:

https://imgur.com/a/9DqQm
Really thankful that the Devs were able to push it to coincide with the release of titles and other rewards.

Thank you as well to our Blue Yak for acting as a mediator to help provide us information and giving Devs notice of what we hoped for.

I look forward to getting home and finishing a couple sets after work.
Hey guys! Just a friendly update that with this maintenance we were able to put the Elite Ensemble for seasons 5, 6, and 7 on the vendor. Previously this wouldn't have been obtainable until the end of this current season but we agreed this was too far out for a reward that was already earned. Glad to see you guys noticed the change already and are able to get your sets! :)
We appreciate that Blizzard listened to community feedback and helped push out something many of us cared about. I'm sure most of us understand that it is difficult to give any promises due to many internal circumstances and projects inside Blizzard. Regardless, it was about a 2-week time table which is what most players would have hoped for that is considered within reason.

Thanks for listening to us, you've made many of us very happy!
04/03/2018 09:46 AMPosted by Ythisens
Hey guys! Just a friendly update that with this maintenance we were able to put the Elite Ensemble for seasons 5, 6, and 7 on the vendor. Previously this wouldn't have been obtainable until the end of this current season but we agreed this was too far out for a reward that was already earned. Glad to see you guys noticed the change already and are able to get your sets! :)

Thanks for listening. We appreciate the outcome.

Thank you very much!

This effort goes a long way with what's left of our tiny PvP community.

Have a great week.

Thank you so much!
thanks to all the dads in the pvp department
Thx Blue Yak for the help, and as in return we offer you as promised....a gnome child to feast on.

I'm here to criticize when necessary but im also here to be grateful when it's due.

THANK YOU CM for helping the community on this matter, even tho i still think things could have been more clear at some points.

All in all, it's good to see things being solved.

Also a big THANK YOU to my fellow pvp'ers that took their time to fight for this change. You, along with mr. Yakfriend, made this happen!

Cheers everyone and see you in the arenas!