Pet Stables in BfA

Hunter
I expected a topic to pop up on this after yesterday’s interviews, & maybe there is on the alpha forums. But, most of us can’t post there so here goes.

Yesterday Perculia interviewed Muffinus & asked about plans for pet stables & inquired about Hati’s fate. He didn’t directly answer either question, but he gave some vague hints.

Hati has something in the works.

Pet stables are being looked at. And it appears the debate between adding more slots or a collection tab like battle pets is being discussed at Blizzard as it has here.

I personally am a collector so I like the idea of a collection tab. I like matching my pets to transmog, collecting the rare skins, etc.

Which is it that you all would prefer? He said they want our feedback. Let’s give it.
Meant to post that from my hunter & didn’t catch that my phone had defaulted to my bank alt. But, here’s a comment for context.
First off, shame on you for not posting as your hunter on the hunter forum! Secondly, i like the idea of a collections tab for pets myself. Im a bit of a collector myself and as it stands, my stables are starting to get a little full.
I hadn't seen the interview but it's so nice to have confirmation that something is actually happening! They've been silent about it for so long.

I'd love a collections tab. There are so many beautiful pets now that extra slots just seems like a jerry-rig until a solution can be found. I too enjoy matching my pets to my transmog and collecting rare skins. I know there are some Hunters who don't like the idea of too many pets, but there are so many that would welcome a tab like the battle pets have that I don't think Blizzard can avoid doing something about it now.

I'm excited to see how they work it. Hopefully it's ready to go by BfA!
I'll echo the sentiments hoping for a collection tab. I too enjoy matching pets based on my transmog, or whatever theme I happen to have running through my head at the time for this fellow. Other than rares that require tons of camping and luck, I regularly abandon pets to make space for others only to retame them at some later date.

Speaking for myself, I'm not a huge fan of 2 pets for BM, and what I'll miss about Hati is that black & dark charcoal look. Could lose the electric effect, though. That said, I'm really glad they're keeping the option for dual pets for those that like it. I find it hard to argue against choice and options.

Thanks for the info!
I'm happy to see others share my opinion on what Blizz does with the stables. At this point I think I would accept just about anything b/c I'm out of room.

But, I'm also happy to have shared some info a few of you didn't have yet. If you have a chance though, check out the interviews. I enjoy watching interviews with Muffinus. He portrays that he actually has an idea on what player opinion is on some things based off some of the answers he gave.
Glad that they are looking at this. I have been wanting more stable slots for a while now.

I do like the idea of the collection tab, works well with mounts and battle pets.

Would make it easy for both of my hunters (horde and ally) to share the same pets. Hard to get the special rare pets on both of them with so many hunters looking for the rare pets, especially the ones in WotLK.
At the end of the day, I don't care which- as long as I get more space. Seriously have x1 free stable slot, and x1 free pocket slot.

And they're adding / updating so many pet looks come BfA!

As long as I get something, I'll be happy.

That being said, I'd actually rather have more Stable Slots than a collection system I think. It's this sacred, unspoken, awesome rite that our class has. Going to a real place in the game-world to access one of our core functions. I still like that. Every expansion Blizzard is turning WoW more into a game, and less of a world- if that makes sense, for better and for worse, so I still like having those connections that force me to go to certain places in the world after all. There's positive qualities to inconvenience.

Just not this much inconvenience. Seriously Blizzard. 2 free slots.
yes, a collection tab would be great but id settle for at least more slots in stable. i hate choosing wich pets to abandon to make room. And with BFA come a lot more new pets, i think I'm at 2 open spots. Id also like to carry more than 5 at a time cuz I'm constantly switching pve and pvp pets and keeping that 1 slot open just in case...maybe have a 6th "cage" slot, where u can tame a pet with all 5 slots full, just can't use em till u stable one. Idk. thats a much smaller issue tho.
I have six Hunters each with pets themed around their race. I want it to be account wide, so I only need to use one or two my Hunters for camping always having to switch between the other and spending days to level each to max.
The one thing about a collection tab is it makes pets less “personal”. This might seem silly, but I legit do take time into thinking of names for my pets. I’d prefer more stable slots to a tab. But that’s just me haha
a tab would be good if it allowed you to personalize each pet in the tab, rather just have it there as general wolf skin unlock 1 or something
04/18/2018 11:10 PMPosted by Naijin
The one thing about a collection tab is it makes pets less “personal”. This might seem silly, but I legit do take time into thinking of names for my pets. I’d prefer more stable slots to a tab. But that’s just me haha

The battle pet tab allows you to change the name of wild battle pets you catch. Unsure if it allows this on all bc I’ve only used the feature a handful of times. But, the functionality is already in place which is why I feel like we could still keep the personalization without worrying over space.
I agree we need more pet space. With so many interesting new looks coming in BFA my already close to full stable will be overflowing.

I have no preferences either way as long as the option chosen is done properly.

Hopefully there will be a 2 pet option as I personally enjoy having 2 pets - it feels more BM.
I like the stables because they give me something that is thematic with the class. At least I'm interacting with something in the game that's not a mailbox. After that, I don't care how pets are stored. Only reason I haven't filled my stables is because Legion killed off pets. I'd be happy to be able to collect every family and every rare pet if I could!

I match my pets to my transmog for sure.

Would love to see new pet based minigames, quests, items, and interactive training areas.
04/23/2018 01:27 AMPosted by Taurok
I agree we need more pet space. With so many interesting new looks coming in BFA my already close to full stable will be overflowing.

I have no preferences either way as long as the option chosen is done properly.

Hopefully there will be a 2 pet option as I personally enjoy having 2 pets - it feels more BM.

Animal Companion is a new talent for BFA which will give you 2 pets, it is currently NYI on aplha
love the idea of a collections tab for pets but for me its a little too late for that (based on gameplay/class changes on BFA alpha/beta). i seriously cant see the issue why it hasnt been put in place yet since they have "tabs" for everything else. the farm to get the item for hati transmog was a pain in the butt to get (specially with the timing of spawns for one item).
My stable got filled around MOP haven't tamed since as all my pets from Vanilla onwards were special and rares. We need more space if they keep bringing in new rares as I and many other hunters like to collect them. I mean what hunter doesn't have trophy tames?
I’m hoping we get some news on this soon. I miss rare hunting for my stables. I’ve done my usual cleanup at the end of an expansion to make room for things I just have to have, but I really wish I had the ability to tame what I wanted without worrying over space. I could entertain myself for months completing a collection tab.
Collections tab at the stable master is my preference.

A collections tab at the stable master that allows all pet families and sorts the same way as the battle pets tab, or via the sort concept of Petopia, but not account wide. Your individual hunters still have to do their own taming. Just because I have four BMs does not mean I play them all exactly the same. Even if I did, having them do their own taming is part of the play.

I've been requesting this for over a year.

Side note: I do have four max level BM hunters. I post on this character now in order to make it easier to find my posts again.