Unofficial Sethrak Discussion Thread P4

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 28 Next
04/14/2018 11:03 PMPosted by Schreiber
Sethrak paladins would be interesting

Then again, who knows what happens after the Avatar of Sethraliss is restored?

I've never had interest in Paladins but I would create a, zealously, if a seth'rak can use this class.

"In the Light of Sethraliss, we trussst!!!"
04/14/2018 10:59 PMPosted by Schreiber
It wouldn't be too different from all the effort that went into the arakkoa model. They even have an animated tongue! At least it finally found a use, even if it's as a druid form.

To be Fair, Arakkoa were a big exception back in BC given that they could become "playable" with one of the few special transformation items that existed back then. It was a huge deal, the high ones just followed the tradition. Now it's a bit weirder than a NPC only race would get such treatment.

04/14/2018 10:57 PMPosted by Alaeis
On the internet, nobody knows you're a snake.

Well, now you know.
Now it's a bit weirder than a NPC only race would get such treatment.

Yeah, allied races open a lot of doors that just weren't even there before. I'm excited to see where they lead, because sethrak seem like one of the more extreme examples of what's possible under the system.
04/14/2018 11:39 PMPosted by Schreiber
Now it's a bit weirder than a NPC only race would get such treatment.

Yeah, allied races open a lot of doors that just weren't even there before. I'm excited to see where they lead, because sethrak seem like one of the more extreme examples of what's possible under the system.

Another thing I've noticed is that Vulpera use the goblin rig for their animations, and Sethrak use the worgen one. They already use the animations of races from the factions they are speculated to be allied races for.
On the subject of classes, I feel like Druid kinda has to be one. With Vol'dun previously having a been lush forest/jungle and the terraforming that made that it into the desert it is now, it's a reversal of what Night Elves have done. That and supposedly some enemy Sethrak have been seen using Wrath as a spell.
I do think druid fits and would be nice since the trolls opened the loa gate anyway, but I don't see Blizz introducing another druid with new forms after Zandalari and Kul'tirans.
04/15/2018 12:26 AMPosted by Averyx
I do think druid fits and would be nice since the trolls opened the loa gate anyway, but I don't see Blizz introducing another druid with new forms after Zandalari and Kul'tirans.

Yea neither do i, if sethrak are druids I'd want all of their forms to be reptilian looking. If they're not i wouldn't even want them to be druids lol. Unless vulpera are somehow druids and they make new forms for them too but i highly doubt it.
04/15/2018 12:26 AMPosted by Averyx
It's possible they might get generic druid forms as a sort of parity to Highmountain Tauren. Would be lame, but I'm fine with making that sacrifice so they get Druid.
Hopefully not. I know some Horde players would probably be upset if Alliance got a completely unique model, but IMO Tauren and Highmountain having similar Druid forms makes sense because they're basically the same race minus Cenarius' blessing. Sethrak have nothing to do with Night Elves, Worgen, Kul'Tirans or any other Druid race, so they should be unique.

Also, model parity isn't something Blizz is 100% consistent on. The Nightborne were a more aesthetically unique race than the Lightforged or the Void Elves, for example.
04/14/2018 11:01 PMPosted by Syegfryed
i don't see why, ZT will be paladins...

Yeah, this seems like a given, especially with Ion's recent comments in that Q&A.

Sethrak paladins would be interesting, and the more I think about it, the more doubtful I am they'll actually get druids if they are playable. So far, I can't think of seeing any NPCs as druids, which is a pretty big hint in itself that it won't happen.

Then again, who knows what happens after the Avatar of Sethraliss is restored? Could be why we haven't seen any druids yet. The Alliance is short one druid combo compared to the Horde, but I'm not entirely convinced those combos need to be perfectly even...

If Taurens can be Paladins, I don't see why Sethraks can't be.
I'd like to see them become playable. Even as a pretty staunch Horde player, i would like to see them in game. I dont care if they are only alliance side. I will make one and play it as alliance and maintain my horde character. It would bring such a fresh flavor to WoW. It would be one of the greatest missed opportunities of this game to not add them and Vulpera. How can you sit there and add the current Allied race knock offs and then make these completely fresh options and then just let them be non playable races? what a waste. the excuse that you'd have to actually put in development time for new armors and skeletons is a lazy excuse that i will not accept. They are game developers. So develop!
As long as Sethrak can be Shaman, with Snake Head Totems and their Ghost Wolf Form is a Snake I’m all for Sethrak!!

+1 Support For Sethrak
04/15/2018 11:03 AMPosted by Pepino
As long as Sethrak can be Shaman, with Snake Head Totems and their Ghost Wolf Form is a Snake I’m all for Sethrak!!

+1 Support For Sethrak

Oh they would definitely be shamans. Sethrak wield lightning magic, it's a big part of their culture from what we've seen in the vol'dun alpha questline.
04/15/2018 11:42 AMPosted by Morteth
04/15/2018 11:03 AMPosted by Pepino

+1 Support For Sethrak

Oh they would definitely be shamans. Sethrak wield lightning magic, it's a big part of their culture from what we've seen in the vol'dun alpha questline.

Lightining Snakes!!!!
I mostly hope Sethrak can be Paladins because I havent lvled one yet. Neither have I made a Shaman so i'll make a Sethrak Paladin and a Vulpera Shaman :3
P.A.S.S.

PLAYABLE ALLIANCE SETHRAK SHAMAN.

P.A.S.S.

I have too many draenei already so I really want another cool race to create a shaman.

P.A.S.S.
04/14/2018 06:37 PMPosted by Syegfryed
i don't think they will be druids, or should be.

just because you are animal didn't mean you automatic can be a druid, we must take in count customs and culture as well.

i could see sethrak being shamans, but not druids rly, maybe even paladins if we stick the Egypt theme

I don't think anyone said they should be druids just because they're animals (btw, everyone is an animal, unless you're a botani or something).

It comes from their worship of Sethraliss and Vol'dun past. The place used to be a lush forest like Ashenvale or Val'sharah apparently. After Sethraliss fought the C'thraxxi colossus and sacrificed herself, the land began to wither and turn into a desert. You can see how the Sethrak value that type of environment, teeming with life, based on the way the Faithful and Vorrik talk of it.

Their worship of Sethraliss makes sense as druidism. At the very least, like Trolls. At most, she's some sort of Wild God now and they're even closer to Night Elf druids than we think.
Btw, yea, Shaman would *also* be a good idea on top of druids.

If Vulpera get Paladins, it would be a good alternative (and one that makes sense) to have Sethrak Shaman.

And the Alliance is in dire need of something better for a Shaman race than Draenei or Dwarves.
04/15/2018 01:37 PMPosted by Âero
I mostly hope Sethrak can be Paladins because I havent lvled one yet. Neither have I made a Shaman so i'll make a Sethrak Paladin and a Vulpera Shaman :3

I wasn't totally sold on the idea, but then it occurred to me what their charger mount would be—a krolusk! I can't get over just how cool that could look.
I will take one Sethrak Monk Venomweaver riding atop a Krolusk with a bunch of hidden vials of herbs and venom for use in healing.

Myssstic Nizam the Venomweaver will wait for Blizzard to give usss our Sssneksss.