Monks Soothing Mist

Legion Class Development
Prev 1 3 4 5
Let’s not spread salt in a thread where a blue has commented. Continue the feed back.

Dancing mist most likely won’t make it cause it would make vivify overpowered in my eyes. There have been times many many ReMs have been out due to this which now would cause vivify to heal many people instead of the intended 3-4. Ide lean more towards our JSS interacting with ReM. Seeing how it’s technically a HoT as well. Jumping between those with ReM, yet who is actually lower health. You could link this to an Rdruid with their HoTs just not as intense. Or even have it apply a shorter version or weaker HoT then ReM to the same target (germ talent similarity).

I have forgotten who spoke of it this thread, but the idea of a different statue teir would be amazing. It could be tied to a DH and their row that effects all their sigils. A ST (JSS) an AoE (crane) and a defensive CD (ox) or even a damage one that could heal with Fistweaving (tiger).
04/24/2018 08:40 AMPosted by Bigmonk
Let’s not spread salt in a thread where a blue has commented. Continue the feed back.

Dancing mist most likely won’t make it cause it would make vivify overpowered in my eyes. There have been times many many ReMs have been out due to this which now would cause vivify to heal many people instead of the intended 3-4. Ide lean more towards our JSS interacting with ReM. Seeing how it’s technically a HoT as well. Jumping between those with ReM, yet who is actually lower health. You could link this to an Rdruid with their HoTs just not as intense. Or even have it apply a shorter version or weaker HoT then ReM to the same target (germ talent similarity).

I have forgotten who spoke of it this thread, but the idea of a different statue teir would be amazing. It could be tied to a DH and their row that effects all their sigils. A ST (JSS) an AoE (crane) and a defensive CD (ox) or even a damage one that could heal with Fistweaving (tiger).

I think multiple people have suggested various additional statue ideas. My idea was that if we got a form of mana tea back baseline we could take out the existing 45 level talents and then have room for an AoE talent row + a statue talent row.

The AoE row could be RJW + Invoke Chi Ji + a new talent (my suggestion was a talent that replaces the uplift mechanic of vivify and replaces it with a Legion style vivify mechanic so people could choose between having an extra AoE ability and a smarter vivify.

Then we could have a statue tier. My statue ideas was:

If the entire row were statues it could be the existing serpent statue + a crane statue that did something like every time you use a melee ability it could send a crane out from the statue to heal a random target (stealing form the invoke chi-ji graphic) + maybe an ox statue with the old guard mechanic where every so much healing or damage dealt would put up a shield on a random target. If having both invoke chi-ji on the AoE tier and a crane statue on the statue tier was too similar they could replace invoke chi-ji with invoke xuen as a cooldown that did damage + smart healed targets based on that damage (leaving the neat chi-ji graphics in place as part of the statues effect).
04/24/2018 01:02 PMPosted by Zenetta

If the entire row were statues it could be the existing serpent statue + a crane statue that did something like every time you use a melee ability it could send a crane out from the statue to heal a random target (stealing form the invoke chi-ji graphic) + maybe an ox statue with the old guard mechanic where every so much healing or damage dealt would put up a shield on a random target.

I don't like using the Serpent Statue, but this is a pretty nifty idea. I'd be down for using that crane statue. I like the distinct breakdown of "more healing, fistweaving, or prevention" they offer, too. That's the kind of choice I like to see in talents!
Just to add more to the crane statue idea in terms of the graphic, after running to a target to heal it could stick around for a few seconds at most before vanishing, unless you use another melee attack, in which case the crane that's already out runs at another target randomly to heal them the way invoke chi-ji does. When it's not already out it can run out from the statue.

I think it was also in an alpha thread that is no longer available, but if they didn't like the old guard proc ox statue idea, another statue idea could be an ox statue that has a ring around it. All targets within the ring receive X% damage reduction (sort of a statue form of devo aura).

edit: Also on a different topic, I mentioned this in the alpha thread I think (unless it was this thread), so I'll just put this here so it doesn't get deleted:

I think RJW should be returned to a SCK replacement that does both the healing it currently does + damage equal to how much damage you'd have done via SCK over the same duration as RJW. This is how it use to work. That way it would be a more interesting talent option for 5 mans (or even soloing) in addition to raid stack healing. You'd now be able to do a little bit of AoE damage + healing while being free to use other abilities.
04/24/2018 03:24 PMPosted by Zenetta
Just to add more to the crane statue idea in terms of the graphic, after running to a target to heal it could stick around for a few seconds at most before vanishing, unless you use another melee attack, in which case the crane that's already out runs at another target randomly to heal them the way invoke chi-ji does. When it's not already out it can run out from the statue.

I think it was also in an alpha thread that is no longer available, but if they didn't like the old guard proc ox statue idea, another statue idea could be an ox statue that has a ring around it. All targets within the ring receive X% damage reduction (sort of a statue form of devo aura).

edit: Also on a different topic, I mentioned this in the alpha thread I think (unless it was this thread), so I'll just put this here so it doesn't get deleted:

I think RJW should be returned to a SCK replacement that does both the healing it currently does + damage equal to how much damage you'd have done via SCK over the same duration as RJW. This is how it use to work. That way it would be a more interesting talent option for 5 mans (or even soloing) in addition to raid stack healing. You'd now be able to do a little bit of AoE damage + healing while being free to use other abilities.

The RJW dps would definatly help with putting more identity of a melee dps healer (assuming we keep our current 100 talent in alpha).
Thanks for all the followup on Renewing Mist. In an upcoming beta build, we're likely going to try having Renewing Mist automatically try to jump, if you cast a new one that would overwrite it.
<3
Hey Sigma. Way to be cute af!! <3
04/25/2018 06:14 PMPosted by Sigma
Thanks for all the followup on Renewing Mist. In an upcoming beta build, we're likely going to try having Renewing Mist automatically try to jump, if you cast a new one that would overwrite it.

Woot! Thanks for the reply/post about this.
now only if you could give the renewing mist buff some charges and when it jumps to leave the hot on like back in mop :/

I think it may be worth trying to have an overflow jump, where if applied on a target it fills that hot to full "20+5sec" and jumps the remaining. Downside is obviously when a >5second hot jumps. Secondary problem could be with mastery proc full healing the target and by probably an unintended way, they both jump to the same injured target at the same time. Though even an ideal way in this could yield spam on a single Target to "smart" spread hots.
I think the only glaring things that made this such a big deal is how much vivify is reliant on it and in a minor way, that it's the most cost efficient way to proc mastery.
Would it only apply on jumped ReMs?
This could be a chance to apply some really gimiky but maybe fun mechanic that if you apply ReM to a target that was just jumped to by an existing ReM, then it burst that ReM scattering it to the nearest 2-3?? Injured targets for x% of the total duration split amongst targets... Or would that be too hard to realistically balance idk

Yesssss!! Everyone keep us updated! Don’t have beta so can’t test.
04/19/2018 10:27 PMPosted by Tenyu
We need our ability to channel while moving back. Its with monks for ages and taking it away hurts the class in PVP and PVE (More so in PVP)

No.

You don't need it at all. MW was fine without it before, you'll be fine without it now. Good riddance and learn to adapt.
04/26/2018 07:27 AMPosted by Felryn
04/19/2018 10:27 PMPosted by Tenyu
We need our ability to channel while moving back. Its with monks for ages and taking it away hurts the class in PVP and PVE (More so in PVP)

No.

You don't need it at all. MW was fine without it before, you'll be fine without it now. Good riddance and learn to adapt.

It's mainly the new mw this current xpac (and some old ones). That want it. Most of them don't remember or know that this is the only xpack where we had this. And 90% of the time you took sotc anyways so it literally didn't do much.
With ReM being designed to no longer munch itself, the biggest and most obvious problem is resolved. There actually is one other thing that I think is worth talking about, however.

The spec performs best when channeling, and channeling is particularly vulnerable to interrupts in PvE and PvP. The spec has been stopped from being able to dance behind pillars constantly which should reduce some of how obnoxious it is.

But now we channel Soothing Mist and Essence Font. We channel soothing to instant cast Vivify and Enveloping Mists. Essentially, our healing is channel dependent.

Visually, I like channeled spells, but with all of our ties being channels or tied to channels, we basically put up a big flashing 'interrupt me please' sign on us.

It's a small thing, but one that's significant.
04/20/2018 12:26 PMPosted by Sigma
1) Just to say it, sorry about the confusion where we said we were going fix a bug with mobile Soothing Mist and then wound up removing it this build. We made the latter decision a few days later. Briefly--with Soothing Mist changing so much between Legion and BFA, the impact of mobile Soothing would have gone from "a small filler heal can be cast while moving" to "all 5 of your core heals can now be cast while moving." The latter is something we avoid on healers.

I understand the need to avoid a completely mobile healer. But I think a lot of mist weavers *really* loved being able to channel soothing mist and move. Wouldn't an easy solution be creating a second channeled healing spell that can be cast while moving but DOESN'T allow you to insta-cast vivify/EM? This would allow for light, low-mana healing during highly mobile fights and pvp, but also not be so overpowered to make positioning mechanics irrelevant in pve.

With effuse removed, there has been increased spec simplification, so I think players could easily handle a second channeled healing spell. Just call it "Calming Mist" and make it ~12% weaker than soothing mist. It'd keep desired game mechanics in check but also keep in the absolute fun of casting while moving.
04/24/2018 08:40 AMPosted by Bigmonk

Unless you get very lucky with rsk resets and you have a lot of haste dancing mist with rem isn't actually that strong with rem. Where it shines is with ef. Being able to keep that hit going for that few more seconds.

Having tested it on the beta. Unless you can get a reset every few globals the rem hot drops off quickly. You might get 1 or 2 resets before it drops.
04/28/2018 06:28 AMPosted by Xianmisuto
04/26/2018 07:27 AMPosted by Felryn
No.

It's mainly the new mw this current xpac (and some old ones). That want it. Most of them don't remember or know that this is the only xpack where we had this. And 90% of the time you took sotc anyways so it literally didn't do much.

You never take sotc in pvp. In prior xpacks we were not as squishy as this one either. We will need something to compensate for the loss of mobility. We are going to be way to vulnerable without it. In live right now if you get caught by a few melee, you can die in a single interrupt.

Maybe make soothing mist not interruptable while channeled? Melee dps get the joy of hitting us more rather than the frustration of chasing us for a 3 second kill window. We get the opportunity to actually counter some of the damage and do something as well rather than just instantly dieing.

We would still be at risk of a stunlock, but at least it wouldn't be a stun into a interrupt with nothing to do for almost 10 seconds.