What is with the Prot challenge?

Warrior
I've done it on Blood, Guardian, Brew and Vengeance and this one is just on a different level. It's not even mechanically difficult, it's just the numbers are insane. P1 has you taking 3+ million mind rends every 5 seconds, if you slip up with your IP you kind of just die. Even with spell reflect being up every 45 seconds, it's just rough. Not to mention warriors are the only tank without ranged damage, outside of the pitiful throw weapon.

Can't even get through P1, closest I got was 15%.

I'm sure it's a git gud issue, but man is this boss infuriating for this spec.
You know antorus?

Go there. Get the 2 piece. Now, take avatar and heavy repercussions.

Make a "swifty" or "one-shot" macro.

Look at the P1 boss. Charge, pop thunder clap, now your macro, and just spam shield slam into him. use both charges of shield block before you start.

He's now dead, just get battle cry back up, and do it to Kruul

Also spell reflect is 25 seconds
Results may vary, but since warriors have probably the best toolkit at handling Kruul I opted to drums right off the start and burn P1 asap.

Having at least the 2p from T21 helps tremendously since you can lay some solid single target shield slam burst, and anger management will have your CD's coming back quick to repeat.
04/22/2018 02:13 AMPosted by Twincruiser

Yeah I think I should just gear this character more, cause I'm clearly bad at warrior or something, lol.

04/22/2018 02:16 AMPosted by Rúnar
Results may vary, but since warriors have probably the best toolkit at handling Kruul I opted to drums right off the start and burn P1 asap.

And I was also considering this, P1 is brutal. None of the other tank challenges are anything like it really.
Its a bit different than the rest of the tanks since without bracers you have to weave in those victory rushes when you can.

Definitely get at least 2p, even lfr will suffice, and a macro then try P1 drums with cruiser's info. You'll get more burst from HR but if surviving still seems way off try AM so you can flow through your survival CD's more comfortably and still be able to have them for Kruul.

P1 burst also helps to limit the amount of infernals during Kruul, so easier positioning without having to worry about snapping a leap to stay in.
No, take heavy repercussions. You won't get an infernal if you play properly. Just ignore eyes in P1
04/22/2018 02:54 AMPosted by Twincruiser
No, take heavy repercussions. You won't get an infernal if you play properly. Just ignore eyes in P1

I mean if I was your ilvl I feel like it would be a breeze lol

04/22/2018 02:40 AMPosted by Rúnar
Definitely get at least 2p, even lfr will suffice, and a macro then try P1 drums with cruiser's info. You'll get more burst from HR but if surviving still seems way off try AM so you can flow through your survival CD's more comfortably and still be able to have them for Kruul.

Thanks for the advice, hopefully I luck out with drops before the next mage tower.
04/22/2018 01:32 AMPosted by Shansey
I've done it on Blood, Guardian, Brew and Vengeance and this one is just on a different level. It's not even mechanically difficult, it's just the numbers are insane. P1 has you taking 3+ million mind rends every 5 seconds, if you slip up with your IP you kind of just die. Even with spell reflect being up every 45 seconds, it's just rough. Not to mention warriors are the only tank without ranged damage, outside of the pitiful throw weapon.

Can't even get through P1, closest I got was 15%.

I'm sure it's a git gud issue, but man is this boss infuriating for this spec.

You don't need spell reflect in p1. You just victory rush off the eyes or elementals.

Inquisitor til 5 stacks, heal off the eye, aoe down first adds and victory rush every time one dies. Interrupt the heal during this exchange. Try not to reset your stacks unless youre ready to engage Inquisitor so use stormbolt if you can't get into melee yet.

Repeat til p2.

Use the orbs if you think you're about to die or you can't get the interrupt.
04/22/2018 02:54 AMPosted by Twincruiser

OP will get an infernal at 922 ilevel.
04/22/2018 05:59 AMPosted by Niasoc
You don't need spell reflect in p1. You just victory rush off the eyes or elementals.

I think the spell damage reduction is entirely needed, mind sear hits way too hard. I know it doesn't reflect the spell, but the mitigation gives some wiggle room.

But overall this fight has such little room for error, this one has taken the most attempts by far. I don't get knocked off ever, it's just not having the rage for IP then dying to mind sear. It's brutal getting hit for 2.5 mil every couple of seconds.

I'm gonna just gear up some more, hopefully the 2 piece helps like others have said.

Thanks for the advice everyone!
04/22/2018 02:03 PMPosted by Shansey
04/22/2018 05:59 AMPosted by Niasoc

I think the spell damage reduction is entirely needed, mind sear hits way too hard. I know it doesn't reflect the spell, but the mitigation gives some wiggle room.

But overall this fight has such little room for error, this one has taken the most attempts by far. I don't get knocked off ever, it's just not having the rage for IP then dying to mind sear. It's brutal getting hit for 2.5 mil every couple of seconds.

I'm gonna just gear up some more, hopefully the 2 piece helps like others have said.

Thanks for the advice everyone!

Just make sure you have spell reflect up for twisted reflection.
P1 is a DPS race essentially. Just kill him ASAP. Don't let your stacks get over 5 or 6, keep IP up, and use Victory Rush whenever you miss an IP or something. Use the orbs too, but try to keep at least 2 up for Kruul phase.

MAKE SURE YOU SPELL REFLECT TWISTED REFLECTION, this will make phase 2 infinitely more easy. You can Pummel it, but I highly suggest reflecting it.
Haven't tried this one myself (finished guardian druid, gearing up for protection warrior now), but I'm curious... can Kruul's Annihilate spell be blocked? It does physical damage, but it's a spell, so I'm not sure how that works. Seems like it'd be kind of a shame if you can't use your artifact ability on this artifact challenge....
04/22/2018 02:13 AMPosted by Twincruiser
You know antorus?

Make a "swifty" or "one-shot" macro.

Look at the P1 boss. Charge, pop thunder clap, now your macro, and just spam shield slam into him. use both charges of shield block before you start.

He's now dead, just get battle cry back up, and do it to Kruul

Also spell reflect is 25 seconds

Well I did it!

And this advice is basically gold for this challenge, the 2-set from Antorus makes prot warrior DPS OP.

The fight is still hard, even at 935 ilvl with 2-set, but it's infinitely easier than without it. After I got 2 set it only took me like 5 tries before I completed it, and of those 5 I think 2 were BS deaths.

Though Timeless Strategem probably helped a bit too. But I really only had 1 legendary, since I used the arms gloves.

Thanks again everyone!
Just killed Kruul myself earlier. Hard fight but fun. I flailed around a lot fighting Variss, trying to remember to use ignore pain, saving velen orbs for interrupts and near death moments. I get overstimulated easily and there's a lot going on in that fight.

The T21 2pc helped immensely, had ~935 ilvl full of random relinquished gear.
Took me around two months to get the legendary bracers, used those as well as Timeless Stratagem. I had the gloves as well, but found that extra mobility was more important than damage.