Battle for Azeroth Beta Zones and Leveling
Things are still in an early state and likely to go through a fair amount of iteration. Please feel free to post any feedback on the content or bugs you encounter.
I'm not finding an option to go there......from board or anywhere else. Hint?
03/27/2018 05:52 PMPosted by Roshotala

You can just go. There's no introductory breadcrumb. Quests are available but just scattered through the zone without connecting flow.
03/27/2018 06:21 PMPosted by Gadwicke
03/27/2018 05:52 PMPosted by Roshotala

You can just go. There's no introductory breadcrumb. Quests are available but just scattered through the zone without connecting flow.

Ahhhh...thank you so much :)
What I can see, it is beautiful. I can't wait for the questing to be in aside from a few quests. Hope the quests get implemented soon so we can see the story of the zone.

EDIT: Intro breadcrumb working now.
As alliance using the map to begin the quest for that zone things went weird. The quests will accept but not show up in my quest log. No idea what my objective is and I find I need to abandon and restart it to read the details. No direction on where to go.
03/28/2018 07:16 AMPosted by Axenrott
As alliance using the map to begin the quest for that zone things went weird. The quests will accept but not show up in my quest log. No idea what my objective is and I find I need to abandon and restart it to read the details. No direction on where to go.

The quest log has been broken for a while now. You have to type /reload every time you accept a quest or complete an objective for one to have it register. Once you turn in the quests, you have to do it once more to remove the quest from your logs.

Just macro it and press it often. Some people will post links to workarounds but they didn't work for me.
Hey all,

We've applied a hotfix so you should be able to play the intro now which will unlock additional questing in the zone. You can use the zone choice table now in Boralus to do the intro.
If we already accepted the quest from the board before the hotfix how can we go about doing the intro quests?
I did most of stormsong and enjoyed the zone - probably most enjoyable zone of the three alliance zones for me.

There are a number of phasing issues, flight paths don't appear on the map, quest hand-in icons are often not appearing or in the wrong location and sometimes the 3d nature of the terrain in a couple of crowded quest areas was confusing (I was playing a feral druid so could stealth around - would have been really annoying on a non-stealth character given how packed some of the areas are with mobs - this wont be a problem launch week but levelling alts in some of these areas later on and on classes like mages say will be annoying). It would help if not only the yellow mob marker showed the up and down arrows but that the circle showing where the quest objective is did as well.

It would be useful if after going across the water bridge and up the hill for the final confrontation scene with lord stormsong (near an instance entrance) there was a flightpath or a portal back to the main town for the hand-in quest - it was a long way back to the nearest flight path and you had to track back through a hostile area. The quest hand-in for this is called 'a new beginning' - but you hand it in and nothing new happens (I probably did some of the quests out of order so maybe I had more to do to unlock stuff).

I still have a couple of quest hand-ins that aren't on the map.

I think this feels like a good zone with a story.
03/28/2018 02:09 PMPosted by Httpdotwitch
It would be useful if after going across the water bridge and up the hill for the final confrontation scene with lord stormsong (near an instance entrance) there was a flightpath
There is one if you follow the path left from the dungeon entrance, although it might be better if the quest just sends you there.
I absolutely love the sea priest story. I'm really curious as to who/what their Tidemother is. I really hope it isn't just Azshara, because a benevolent human religion other than the Light would be so refreshing. The sea priests very much seem like shamans, which makes me think we'll be getting Kul Tiran shamans. If this is a possible plan, I'd definitely love it.
Ooooh! So I can now journey to the zone without becoming enveloped in fog, then eaten by a giant worm & spit out in Drustvar!?! :D
[/quote]There is one if you follow the path left from the dungeon entrance, although it might be better if the quest just sends you there.[/quote]

Thanks for that - though it won't be a problem when flight paths can be seen on the map
Questing in the Kraul I Heroic Leapt through the ground, died, DC'd, relogged to find myself under the world at the Spirit Healer and DC'd again. Think that toon is hosed.
I can't find a way to get back after leaving the area. Is that a big no-no?
Just finished up one of the quest-lines in Stormsong

Wowwwiee!

Somebody deserves a raise.

The Sea-Priest aestheticism is super unique and interesting. There's like this resistance motif in the little village, there -- really great things were done. There's complexity that's been weaved into this zone that, I suggest, is highly praise-worthy.

The environment is beautiful and super interesting to explore and the storylines are similarly engaging.

Furthermore, this zone is far less buggy than most of the others which is also noteworthy in reference to it's team of developers. They've done a bang up job. :3

For the most recent zone to be implemented to also be the most polished feeling is quite the accomplishment. Well done.

Keep up the good work, I guess. As a predominantly Horde player I'm sincerely jealous. xD
So I just played through the questline with Brother Pike up until "A New Dawn."

Overall seems like a good questline, but I do have a few gripes and it involves the quest "A New Dawn" in fact.

First is that after accepting that quest, there is seemingly no easy way to get back to Brennadam as requested. I couldn't find any way there and the NPC's seemed to offer no way there. Maybe I'm just blind, strong possibility. But a way to get the player quickly back to Brennadam at that point would be appreciated.

Second is tied into the first. Basically I hearthed back into Tradewinds Market after I couldn't find an easy way back to Brennadam, figuring I would just use a flight master to get to where I needed to go. Turns out I know no flight locations located within reach. As a level 111 who has ONLY done that questline on that character, I'm not sure if it's because I missed a flight point (Possible) or if they're just not connected (Also possible?)

So basically just a way to get back to Brennadam would be awesome. As it stands the map for Tradewinds Market doesn't show a way to walk there and the Ferry Master at Tradewinds Market seems to have taken a disliking to me and won't send me over there either.
I think the zones are not connected as yet.

I was doing the workaround for a quest in Tiragarde Sound & so ran out of the zone into Drustvar. On my way there, I picked up a flight path at the border & then another right inside Drustvar. When I went to fly back, the flight master told me that I didn't know any flight paths that connected to it. I politely tried to explain to the flight master that I did INDEED know a flight path that should be connected to his & that it was literally RIGHT OVER THERE & I could SEE it from where we were standing, but all my pleas fell on deaf ears & I finally just hearthed back to SW & took the portal to Boralus.
03/30/2018 01:07 AMPosted by Shaie
I think the zones are not connected as yet.

I was doing the workaround for a quest in Tiragarde Sound & so ran out of the zone into Drustvar. On my way there, I picked up a flight path at the border & then another right inside Drustvar. When I went to fly back, the flight master told me that I didn't know any flight paths that connected to it. I politely tried to explain to the flight master that I did INDEED know a flight path that should be connected to his & that it was literally RIGHT OVER THERE & I could SEE it from where we were standing, but all my pleas fell on deaf ears & I finally just hearthed back to SW & took the portal to Boralus.

Make sure you aren't mixing up the flight masters with the boat masters, they are two separate route systems.