why are they getting rid of pvp servers?

General Discussion
Prev 1 17 18 19 Next
03/29/2018 01:50 PMPosted by Ltque
It’s basically a one size fits all band aid.

On pve realms people will flag and then attack all the lowbie quest givers (then convince themselves that’s pvp) which basically means lowbies are griefed.

They do this now. They've always done it.

For example I spent an hour checking one turn in last night because someone was camping. If that had been in a few months they would be sent off to a pvp shard where people who pvp can participate. I’m on a pve realm.

Something like that, but we can't be sure because we haven't had many specifics.

I don’t think it was the right fix, but for me on my pve realm, I am thankful these jerks won’t be holding me up any longer.

The changes are intended to address a lot of different issues.
I don’t think it was the right fix, but for me on my pve realm, I am thankful these jerks won’t be holding me up any longer

How can they be "holding you up" if you are unflagged on your PvE realm?

If the ability to unflag is broken on a PvE realm, you should put in a ticket.
I'm not sad about PvP servers as we know them going, but I am sad about WPvP failing so miserably.
04/02/2018 11:53 PMPosted by Phumbles
I'm not sad about PvP servers as we know them going, but I am sad about WPvP failing so miserably.

Can't have one without the other...
I hate the wPvP removal. Honestly... When I think of Horde vs. Alliance, especially now with the current theme of the new exp pack... I think that it actually adds to the game when I could be out peacefully fishing and get jumped. It's more on terms with what's currently happening story wise.

Also... I just think it's stupid to remove the servers. The fact of the matter is, there are PvP and PvE realms... Forcing everyone else to break that immersion to cater to the whiners who think it's all about me me me and what they want (because they refuse to just simply pick an alternative that would give both sides what they want), is ridiculous when the problem is easily solved by just simply creating or transferring your characters onto the realm that best fits your interests. Honestly, it would make both parties happy. The PvPers keep their realm, and you get yours and don't have to be ganked in the open world.

I've been PvPing in STV again and holy crud did I miss it. No, not ganking lowbies. I go after the 110's that gank the lowbies. But it's fun, no crappy preset stats like in Arena that half the time aren't even right to begin with and your gear actually matters.

That was my biggest gripe about GW2, I hated that I actually had to queue up to have any PvP at all, and even then it was just basically an elaborate AV match where it was heavily one sided.
03/31/2018 08:15 PMPosted by Jalen
Mages can go Invis and quickly turn in.

you can't do anything while invisible.. interacting with an npc will break invis.

03/31/2018 06:24 PMPosted by Dissane
No offense from this, but I can pretty much tell that you've probably not participated in PvP at any decent capacity at all from your comments.

sure thing shadow alt troll.

I'm pretty sure I've got more "life experience" at wpvp than a whole lot of the people who are posting here pretending they know what they're talking about.

Like this...
03/31/2018 08:15 PMPosted by Jalen
Never really seen a 40 man hit anything else on our realm.

People from the reasonably balanced RP realms, seem to be under the impression that all realms are the same.
They're just not.
Never have been.
...and the most opinionated posters in this thread, seem to be from RP realms.
03/28/2018 02:34 PMPosted by Redbeat
Blizz should allow a one time free character transfer from a pvp server to a non pvp server and thats it. Why get rid of all pvp servers? People still enjoy it, and if you don't, then don't create a toon on a pvp server, problem solved.

-Blizz should do this --->> yadda yadda.
-Why get rid of pvp servers? I never read anything about ganking ever.
-My facts are facts, here is the solution.

Pretty much what I got from your post.
As a rank 14 it's tough to see it removed. Even if I'm mostly on rp servers now.
03/28/2018 02:50 PMPosted by Dramaege
the best part is most people that say this know that it isn't fun for a lot of people, because the change implemented wasn't that they are "getting rid of PvP servers." it was "PvP will now be toggleable."

The very fact they are are treating it like they are killing PvP servers shows that they know a lot of people are unhappy right now and that the population is going to decrease greatly.

since they are adding PvP toggle shouldn't you and everyone else be happy because of all those players on PvE servers that will be able to switch now?
PVP can already be toggled on PVE servers. The change is literally extending the effective flag duration and removing proper PVP servers in one swoop.

People that are unhappy with PVP shouldn't have rolled characters on PVP servers. When the change hits, no one will be flagged except gank squads and the absolute most geared people on the most broken specs, whereas currently, you have an organic mix of gear levels and only a fairly proportionate amount of people are playing something broken.
03/28/2018 02:34 PMPosted by Redbeat
Blizz should allow a one time free character transfer from a pvp server to a non pvp server and thats it. Why get rid of all pvp servers? People still enjoy it, and if you don't, then don't create a toon on a pvp server, problem solved.

One thing that frustrates me that will be fixed by this is the involuntary sharding from a non-pvp server to a pvp one and getting flagged for pvp.

I think it sucks for you guys who did specifically choose to play on a pvp server though.
*shrug* seems like another unnecessary change that nobody asked for.

The casuals are winning.

I get ganked maybe once a day. I actively made the choice to play on a PvP server though, because once upon a time I wanted the option to do the ganking. No complaint from me.

Lol the word play though - If you asked me what the difference between pve and pvp realms was, I'd say "you can turn the PvP on and off on PvE". To say "PvP servers aren't going away, you can just toggle the PvP",
Well !@#$ Sherlock, I think you're describing a PvE server to me, just with a minor caveat of having to be in a city to toggle.
03/28/2018 02:54 PMPosted by Aehl
If they choose not to pvp thats a conscious choice to avoid gameplay they dont like...this is a bad thing?

It is, because they're being cowards :v
We've already seen how this story ends.
Its the same deal as the EXP toggle when they made BGs gain exp, and exp frozen players were segregated to different BGs so "twinks can fight twinks if twinks if they wish".
Nobody played the exp off BGs.

I think this change will end world pvp, as people are only in the world to do things other than pvp. The appeal to world PvP quite honestly is ganking, whether its lvl 110 vs 50 or 110 rogue vs questing 110 mage. Without players to gank, you have no world PvP.
Now nobody is going to opt into PvP to get ganked. Sooo without gankable players roaming around, pvpers will quit and go to their BGs.
And again, Blizz isnt full of idiots. They know this is going to happen, you're getting a false choice.
Lol yet another disappointment to ring in "Battle for Azeroth".

This will swiftly eliminate world PvP.
03/28/2018 02:54 PMPosted by Aehl
Well, my suspicion is that inertia will take hold. Where people turn off their flags because they're interested in just getting their dailies done and then don't turn it back on. So I'm concerned there'll be some significant bleed out of the PvP scene.

No Crepe, if that happens then thats a very good indication that pvp isnt as popular as people think it is, wouldnt you say?

If they choose not to pvp thats a conscious choice to avoid gameplay they dont like...this is a bad thing?

Not to me it isnt.

To quote a prev MVP:

"Non participation is feedback"

wPvP has never really been all that popular except as a means to bully and harass others.
04/03/2018 04:58 AMPosted by Rizzea
Its the same deal as the EXP toggle when they made BGs gain exp, and exp frozen players were segregated to different BGs so "twinks can fight twinks if twinks if they wish".

I think this change will end world pvp, as people are only in the world to do things other than pvp. The appeal to world PvP quite honestly is ganking, whether its lvl 110 vs 50 or 110 rogue vs questing 110 mage. Without players to gank, you have no world PvP.
Now nobody is going to opt into PvP to get ganked. Sooo without gankable players roaming around, pvpers will quit and go to their BGs.
And again, Blizz isnt full of idiots. They know this is going to happen, you're getting a false choice.

So dramatic.

These aren't comparable situations, because twink BGs lower the reward (no exp) in an already less played bracket (leveling).

In this case you actually gain rewards from having PvP on and it's applied even for max level.

Worst case scenario is that people toggle PvP off to do what they need to do then toggle PvP if they want to fight and murderize people.

In reality you'll see a lot of people toggle it on regardless, because they want the reward, want to pvp, or both.
04/03/2018 05:29 AMPosted by Mythlos
04/03/2018 04:58 AMPosted by Rizzea

So dramatic.

These aren't comparable situations, because twink BGs lower the reward (no exp) in an already less played bracket (leveling).

In this case you actually gain rewards from having PvP on and it's applied even for max level.

Worst case scenario is that people toggle PvP off to do what they need to do then toggle PvP if they want to fight and murderize people.

In reality you'll see a lot of people toggle it on regardless, because they want the reward, want to pvp, or both.

If I understand how they have the zones set up, I seriously can't see the downside to everyone toggle PvP to level up the first day for the extra xp. After that, then there will be some people at max level so they will have access to the other side but even the second day shouldn't be bad.
RIP WPvP...
Just learned about this and I must say it is yet again a terrible decision on blizzards part.
03/28/2018 05:27 PMPosted by Larvae

I feel like the choice will be taken out with this change if you have pvp toggled on. If you see a member of the opposing faction you will feel obligated to kill them regardless and they will feel the same pressure.

That's a lack of self-control on the player, and not something Blizzard can fix.

Okay let's just make sure this is clear though. You think it's fair to quest in PVE, then toggle for WPVP, then gank other players who have yet to complete that quest? Is that in your mind fair?

The ganker/camper is getting angry.

And as usual, is ignoring history and present-day. This happened/does happen already.