Teldrassil novellas preview

Story Forum
1 2 3 15 Next
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/21647285/collector-s-edition-a-tale-of-two-novellas

These are supposed to be online for free later, but buying the CE will get you them physically.
Malfurion moved, and the metallic claws strapped to his wrists made short work of the two orcs and the blood elf. He stepped forward, over their bodies.
Malfurion’s eyes did not leave Saurfang’s. “A duel, Saurfang?” he asked in a soft voice—soft like the eye of a storm, like the freshly dug soil of a grave. The archdruid stepped forward calmly to where Saurfang waited. “Do you think I care in the slightest for a duel?”

we did it boys.

night elves are back.

punished malfurion.
For the first time in possibly forever Malfurion Stormrage is no longer duller than drying paint.
Ah, nelf fleet is in Feralas. Everyone things the Horde was going to Silithus, that's why they were able to sneak up on Teldrassil.
“You are bluffing,” Delaryn snapped. “What is your plan? The Horde was marching on Silithus. Why divert to Ashenv—”

And then the answer presented itself, so blindingly obvious that she felt as though she’d been stabbed in the gut.

The night elven fleet was en route to Feralas.

Tyrande was in Stormwind.

Is Tyrande what Sylvanas is after in Before the Storm?
Wow. They're, uh. They're really polishing Mal's staff, huh?
04/06/2018 10:43 AMPosted by Kirango

I got a bad feeling about this Scoob.
This sounds like it shall be an interesting burning of Horde corpses before our tree burns.

I'll call in the Dark Irons
04/06/2018 10:47 AMPosted by Abendrothe
04/06/2018 10:43 AMPosted by Kirango

I got a bad feeling about this Scoob.

I desperately want to believe they won't kill him off right after Illidan's "I trust the future to you."

With everything else about the faction war and old gods I'm not liking in BfA, Malfurion dying would probably be the last straw that makes me quit.
04/06/2018 10:51 AMPosted by Reignac

I desperately want to believe they won't kill him off right after Illidan's "I trust the future to you."

With everything else about the faction war and old gods I'm not liking in BfA, Malfurion dying would probably be the last straw that makes me quit.

I doubt it, we'd have seen some sign by now, it's probably Vereesa that's dying.
04/06/2018 10:52 AMPosted by Skytotem
I doubt it, we'd have seen some sign by now, it's probably Vereesa that's dying.

Unlikely. We have a new image here, of an elf, and it's identical to the one in the earlier imagery of Teldrassil burning.

https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms/page_media/b7/B7ETZDRJZGP21522966045641.jpg

A new character for the novella, who will be semi-relevant to the Teldrassil cinematic.
04/06/2018 10:54 AMPosted by Kheldan

Unlikely. We have a new image here, of an elf, and it's identical to the one in the earlier imagery of Teldrassil burning.

https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms/page_media/b7/B7ETZDRJZGP21522966045641.jpg

A new character for the novella, who will be semi-relevant to the Teldrassil cinematic.

Just cause she's in the short story doesn't mean she's the one who dies at Teldrassil.
Thoughts as I'm reading.

Night Elves get punked, again.

Delaryn should have been allowed to kill that rogue.

Holy !@#$, Malfurion is fighting the Horde. After Cata I never thought I'd see the day.

Sylvie...teleported to Astraanar, I guess? Earlier in the story it made it sound like she was far away.

I feel like this pretty much puts a stake through the heart of Teldrassil happening in-game.
Hey, neat, more allusions to Trolls taking trophies.

I need a bigger ear sack.
04/06/2018 10:57 AMPosted by Skytotem
Just cause she's in the short story doesn't mean she's the one who dies at Teldrassil.

I'm assuming you're bringing up Vereesa because of the dying elf in an earlier image, yes?

Because this is that elf. Like, exactly look for looks.
04/06/2018 10:58 AMPosted by Kelrexia
Thoughts as I'm reading.

Night Elves get punked, again.

Delaryn should have been allowed to kill that rogue.

Holy !@#$, Malfurion is fighting the Horde. After Cata I never thought I'd see the day.

Sylvie...teleported to Astraanar, I guess? Earlier in the story it made it sound like she was far away.

I feel like this pretty much puts a stake through the heart of Teldrassil happening in-game.

I mean, aside from the whole Media day thing yesterday where they explicitly said it would be in-game as a pre-expansion event, sure.
04/06/2018 10:51 AMPosted by Reignac

While I would love it if they killed off Vereesa, I honestly doubt it'll happen.
“What prisoner would not stall for time? Existence is precious. Even we know that.”

Seems more indication of reversing the 'what joy is there in this curse' thing.
04/06/2018 11:07 AMPosted by Ranthae
I mean, aside from the whole Media day thing yesterday where they explicitly said it would be in-game as a pre-expansion event, sure.

This the only thing I see about Teldrassil:

The pre-expansion patch will include content in Darkshore that tells the backstory of the Burning of Teldrassil. It will include both story quests and replayable skirmishes with elites.

There will be 2.5D animated pieces that tells the story of the Burning of Teldrassil.

So Darkshore quests and some sort of cinematic-y thing will be in game, but not an actual scenario.
Delaryn thought of the druid who had flown to Silverwind Refuge with his message. Some outposts had indeed reported a surprise attack. But there was something in the Forsaken’s words that felt forced.

So if I'm reading that right the Night Elves took back Silverwind Refuge from the Horde?

04/06/2018 10:58 AMPosted by Kelrexia

Yeah that confused me as well but Sylvanas saves Saurfang so that's cool.